Hilti

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hilti in May 2010.

Interview Details – It started as an intern job posted on college campus. On the campus career day, the company's HR team had a booth there. I inquired about it, filled out the form. 2 Weeks late, I got an interview. It was easy. the hiring director was so proud of his job and kept on talking about his own job and the company for 2 hours. I never got a chance to ask any question. Then the VP interviewed me, which was more routine and short. I got the job eventually.

Interview Question – Where do you see youself 5 years from now?   View Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial 1:1 interview followed by a panel interview. I did a Powerpoint Presentation and the questions were designed to gauge whether I knew my existing business. It is important to know your facts and stats in a Hilti Interview.

Interview Question – There were a great deal of questions about business metrics. I can't recall one that was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation as it was a new division. It was a take it or leave it proposition.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Hilti.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with different managers, sometimes with more than one manager at a time, much deeper questions than the reality of the job requires, sometimes may have to meet with engineers or higher management
.......ask them questions and it is a slam dunk

Interview Question – most questions are basic and cant say anything out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a standard package
never take anything below AM3
very hard to get promotion after start so make sure the $ make sence...remember bonus is taxed at 50percent

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilti in December 2009.

Interview Details – You will interview with your direct manager and their manager as well as phone discussions with HR.

Negotiation Details – It was rather easy. Go back and forth but they don't negotiate very much.

Finance Interview

Finance
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti.

Interview Details – Great company with a great interview process - really took the time to evaluate me and my fit as well as to help me make a good decision.

Interview Question – Cannot recall specific question, but they are very careful to evaluate your culture fit - try to show them who you are and they will do a good job helping you understand whether you'll fit or not...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another great role - in hindsight I probably picked a good role but may have missed the opportunity to work for a great company...

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Hilti.

Interview Details – My interview experience with Hilti was probably the most well-rounded interview I will ever experience in my career. There was hands-on component, a shadowing component, written test, a pannel interview, and a series of one-on-one interviews after that.
I valued the interview experience they provided as it provided an honest concept of what the job function was and what the culture was like--so when they made the offer I did not have to think twice. Hilti is the best company I have ever worked for simply for the culture and the people.

Interview Question – There is no way to prepare for the interview unless you have the experience necessary to be well-qualified for the role.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilti in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was introduced by an acquaintance to one of their senior recruiters, a very nice gentleman in SF. We had a general discussion about my background. He arranged for a phone "discussion" with the manager in Florida for the next morning. My free-flowing discussion went wonderfully with the guy in SF and I expected an equally engaging and in depth discussion about my background and how it could be leveraged at Hilti. Unfortunately, I had purchased tens of thousands of dollars of their anchors over the years and I felt relatively confident that I could relate to someone selling to the construction sector (I was a project manager for over a decade). Instead of another free-flowing conversation, it was practically a script and the manager in Florida was very rude. I wasn't sure if he was trying to see how I handled a difficult person, or if he simply had to follow the script and any deviation was incomprehensible. Needless to say, he made me feel stupid and I ended the phone conversation about ten minutes in and said I didn't think this was going to work. Seeing that he would have been my boss, I wasn't going to put myself into a job where I was miserable.
I learned from this experience that despite what I knew about their products, their strategies, and how my skills could be used at the firm, it is best to do a refresher on the firm the night before. I also learned that if an interviewer is being a jerk, it is best to politely say this isn't for you. Of course the gentleman in SF asked what happened and I said apparently I wasn't prepared for a deep discussion on the firm. But I also let him know that I enjoyed the hour plus long conversation with him, but the interviewer was rude and really turned me off to their firm.

Interview Question – None. It was his attitude I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Graduate Rotational Program
Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilti.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiting team in career fair. They contacted me to schedule two 1 on 1 interviews. Spent a morning with them. Never heard back from them. Sent e-mails requesting status of my application, the recruiters never bothered to answer.

Interview Question – How would you sell a Hilti product?   Answer Question

IT Technology Project Manager Interview

IT Technology Project Manager

Interviewed at Hilti

Interview Details – I applied online for the Project Manager position. I got a system generated E-Mail as response that they had received my application. The next morning I had another system generated E-Mail in my inbox with a rejection. Since I fulfill all the requirements of the job ad, their reaction is not only weird, but also not acceptable. There is no E-Mail address or phone number provided so that I could get in contact for feedback. Odd and unprofessional!

Interview Question – There was no contact other than the application itself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very normal interview process with situational type of questions, two representatives from Hilti were on the room and both asked questions. First they ask about yourself and to tell them what are your strengths, than they ask situational questions regarding previous job experience. And finally you have to act as a sales person to one of the interviewers so they can evaluate your selling or negotiating skills.

Interview Question – Having to sell something to one of the interviewers was one of the most unexpected questions because they try to negotiate with you and give some strange situations.   Answer Question

Worked for Hilti? Contribute to the Community!