Hilti Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hilti.

Interview

I applied through campus. I got a phone interview several days later. Normal behavioral questions. what's your accomplishment? the last question is what is leadership? 10-15 mints. The project manager is a Chinese but she is working in Europe.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Started with a standard phone interview then I was contacted a few weeks later for a face to face interview which was much more detailed. Hilti is really looking for very young people that are willing to travel around the world to get promoted or take lateral positions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti in March 2014.

Interview

A phone interview at first. It was about 15 to 20 minutes. Then I was asked to 1 to 1 interview and also a group interview(a sales case) and a summary interview. After all, a interview you read a case and present it alone. (a long sals case).
    People here are nice and I was not asked technical problems. They are friendly to applicants. Great company and awesome people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hilti (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 interviews with different managers, sometimes with more than one manager at a time, much deeper questions than the reality of the job requires, sometimes may have to meet with engineers or higher management
    .......ask them questions and it is a slam dunk

Interview Questions

• most questions are basic and cant say anything out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard package
    never take anything below AM3
    very hard to get promotion after start so make sure the $ make sence...remember bonus is taxed at 50percent

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Great company with a great interview process - really took the time to evaluate me and my fit as well as to help me make a good decision.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall specific question, but they are very careful to evaluate your culture fit - try to show them who you are and they will do a good job helping you understand whether you'll fit or not...   Answer Question

Another great role - in hindsight I probably picked a good role but may have missed the opportunity to work for a great company...

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hilti.

Interview

My interview experience with Hilti was probably the most well-rounded interview I will ever experience in my career. There was hands-on component, a shadowing component, written test, a pannel interview, and a series of one-on-one interviews after that.
    I valued the interview experience they provided as it provided an honest concept of what the job function was and what the culture was like--so when they made the offer I did not have to think twice. Hilti is the best company I have ever worked for simply for the culture and the people.

Interview Questions

• There is no way to prepare for the interview unless you have the experience necessary to be well-qualified for the role.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

There was an initial 1:1 interview followed by a panel interview. I did a Powerpoint Presentation and the questions were designed to gauge whether I knew my existing business. It is important to know your facts and stats in a Hilti Interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a great deal of questions about business metrics. I can't recall one that was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation as it was a new division. It was a take it or leave it proposition.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hilti (Tulsa, OK) in May 2010.

Interview

It started as an intern job posted on college campus. On the campus career day, the company's HR team had a booth there. I inquired about it, filled out the form. 2 Weeks late, I got an interview. It was easy. the hiring director was so proud of his job and kept on talking about his own job and the company for 2 hours. I never got a chance to ask any question. Then the VP interviewed me, which was more routine and short. I got the job eventually.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see youself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilti in December 2009.

Interview

You will interview with your direct manager and their manager as well as phone discussions with HR.

Negotiation

It was rather easy. Go back and forth but they don't negotiate very much.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hilti (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through referral. One month later had a call with recruitment manager and two weeks later received a call for rejection. Overall process is very slow. I followed up with HR manager for next stage and then got the rejection from the followed up call.

Interview Questions

• Why Hilti? / Why are you pursuing the degree that you are doing right now? / What is the next career prospect? / Type of job that you are looking for / Tell me when you fail and how did you handle it?   Answer Question