Hilti USA

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in April 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy, multiple steps, but unorganized.

Interview Question – Hilti is obsessed with employees relocating which I never understood. Talent is in each region yet Hilti wants to move everybody. Given their relo benefits, it's not financially possible for a husband and wife. If oyou want to see the USA, it's a great place to work but expect to pay a large portion of the expenses. Question, "Please explain your 3-5 year goals".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. It was a firm salary of mid $40s. They did exaggerate the bonus potential because most targets are unattainable.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – Too easy. Seemed as decision had already been made.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – The experiences are mixed. Some new sales people did van rides some did not. I had a new inexperienced manager and he didn't know how to interview.

Interview Question – Will you relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation period.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – My move to this position came from the base market to the upper market. I had a series of three interviews. The first and second interviews were with two managers from the market to ask general interview questions about my work experience, obstacles/triumphs, my plan for the territory and my expectations. The third interview was a power-point presentation to upper management chronicling my experience/successes with the company thus far.

Interview Question – Not really unexpected these days, but certainly one of the most important: Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied and how you resolved the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Many steps but it exposes you to so many good people. You see the full support of team members helping each other and how the customers perceive Hilti. It was long but worth the time.

Interview Question – Describe your mobility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Positive. There wasn't much negotiating.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a very serious interest in this industry and company. I had 15 years in a related industry. I had more than I needed in relation to education and experience requirements listed in the job posting. I did my homework on the company, visited a few of their facilities and reached out to a few current employees. Both times I had a phone interview the interviewers called exactly one hour early. Apparently the concept of time zones evades this company. Interviewers were totally disengaged in the process and seemed to know little about the actual job we were discussing. There is no way I didn't deserve to at least get a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Very arrogant and elitist company in my opinion.

Interview Question – Do you have project management experience?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview processes consisted of an phone screen first. Then after the phone screen I was asked to go visit customers with one of their sales reps. We visited sites as well as offices. Expect to be on the job and get a little dirty. Not for people who want to sell to offices only. The vehicle we rode in was marked with the company logo. Not really the car you want to drive to the store. The sales rep even made comments that customers laugh at the funny looking vehicle. The company might want to consider using the industry standard like a truck. Also, if you have a baby don't expect to put a car seat in your company vehicle. It won't happen. I then interviewed with the managers at their retail store. I have to say not sure about the one of the managers not sure if I would want to work for him.
I was interviewed again and made an offer but for Atlanta the salary was ridiculous. They want a lot from their sales reps but in Atlanta I can go with a higher industry with better pay. Overall positive but I think their expectations are a little unrealistic. I think this would be a good foundation in sales but if your good the impression is that you leave.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offer with more chance of advancement
appears importing talent

South Bend, IN

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in October 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview went well. 1:1 interview went well - very casual and comfortable attitude by the lone interviewer, but questions were appropriately challenging. Interviewer called back twice to schedule a ride-along to see what the job was like. When the date for the ride-along arrived, I still had no information as to what location to be at, who to contact, etc. Interviewer never returned my calls.
Very disappointed in the way I was dismissed by what seemed to be a quality company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you've had with a customer.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – Interview experience was very slow. If you want a job, be prepared to wait.

Interview Question – It was standard questions, no real suprises   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process with Hilti included many situational questions about work experience. If you want to get a job with Hilti tell them you can move anywhere especially to Tulsa and international assignments. Even if you do not want to move tell them you are interested in moving in the interview and you will get the job. The company is obsessed with mobility and does not want to hire you if you can't move. Mention moving to Tulsa and internationally and you will have a job for sure. Since nobody wants to move to Tulsa the company has a hard time finding talent there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hilti USA

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilti USA Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilti USA employees and interview candidates.