Hilti USA Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti USA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume through the Hilti website, there was an application to fill out. HR called a few weeks later from HQ to schedule a phone interview. After taking the phone interview there was a personality assessment. Finally, I met with several Regional Mangers for a face-to-face interview in the location I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a sales objection, and made ultimately ended up making the sale.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilti USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a job board. Sixteen days later, I was contacted by someone from their Talent team to conduct a basic phone screen. I was then invited to fill out an assessment. I was told to expect a follow-up within a week. Five days later, I was contacted by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview for the following day. I was asked general sales process questions, and how to conduct a proper sales call. After completing the phone interview, I was invited to participate in a 1/2 Day ride-along with a current Account Manager in order to experience the job firsthand. This was completed nine days later. A few days later, I was contacted again by the hiring manager to schedule a face-to-face interview, which was completed the following week with the hiring manager and a Senior Account Manager. They asked me about my experience, ability to relocate and conducted a few role-play scenarios. They told me they would pass me along to meet with the Regional Manager. I was flown out to meet with the Regional Manager, along with 5 other District Managers ten days later. They split up in groups of three and conducted two separate interviews. After we finished, I was offered the position on the spot. I received the offer letter via email later that day. Overall, it was a long process. Once they started communicating with me, it went smoothly. Everybody followed up when they said they would, including some brief postponements. Everyone was also very pleasant, and open about expectations and the overall job responsibilities. There is room to negotiate the offer based on experience and how well you sell it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a conflict between yourself and a co-worker? If so, how did you resolve it? Who would you most like to meet in the world and why? If you started work tomorrow, what would you do first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilti USA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a standard phone interview then I was contacted a week later for a face to face interview which was much more detailed. Hilti is looking for people who are looking to aspire to be great. If you are willing to grow with a great company. Hilti is for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time how you handled conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty Simple and Straightforward with recruiter and HR Team, Sales Team. Spoke with 3rd party recruiter. He set up a face to face interview. It was not an easy task by any means.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses, Accomplishments. They asked and wanted specific examples on how a daily day in current role was managed. How do you handle difficult customers? What are some of the toughest challenges in your current position.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

Applied online, got call next day. Whole process took 2 or 3 weeks. First is the standard 20 minute phone HR interview, nothing complex, mostly questions about your resume, etc. Then a visit to a Hilti Center for a half day of in-person interviews. Nothing complex, they really want to find if you are a good "Hilti culture" fit, read up online about the company, values. Next you will spend a day "in the van" with an account manager to see if this is the kind of job you really want (jobsite visits are 95% of your working day) - your ride will evaluate you before you make it to the next stage. Another half day in-person interviews. Refresh your math skills (add 1 /34" and 5/16"), decimals.They will check references, education. Know the sales process and be prepared to recite it and give examples. A few logic situation question.

Interview Questions

• Could be some role playing to see you if you panic, logical or useless - sell me a pen, how do you react to irritated customers, etc. This is a sales environment. Nothing complex or out of the box. Read up on the company and have something intelligent to say or comment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try not to except their first offer and make a logical case why not - this is sales, uncovering objections and closing well is a desired and unique skill.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

Too easy. Seemed as decision had already been made.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

The experiences are mixed. Some new sales people did van rides some did not. I had a new inexperienced manager and he didn't know how to interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My move to this position came from the base market to the upper market. I had a series of three interviews. The first and second interviews were with two managers from the market to ask general interview questions about my work experience, obstacles/triumphs, my plan for the territory and my expectations. The third interview was a power-point presentation to upper management chronicling my experience/successes with the company thus far.

Interview Questions

• Not really unexpected these days, but certainly one of the most important: Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied and how you resolved the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 5 steps process, two interviews with the regional manager, 2 ride along to jobsites with other account managers, and one final interview with the district manager. The ride along was very helpful in order to get a feel how the actual job is on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer? What was this customer's name and/or company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a very serious interest in this industry and company. I had 15 years in a related industry. I had more than I needed in relation to education and experience requirements listed in the job posting. I did my homework on the company, visited a few of their facilities and reached out to a few current employees. Both times I had a phone interview the interviewers called exactly one hour early. Apparently the concept of time zones evades this company. Interviewers were totally disengaged in the process and seemed to know little about the actual job we were discussing. There is no way I didn't deserve to at least get a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Very arrogant and elitist company in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Do you have project management experience?   1 Answer