Hilti USA Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Applied online, got call next day. Whole process took 2 or 3 weeks. First is the standard 20 minute phone HR interview, nothing complex, mostly questions about your resume, etc. Then a visit to a Hilti Center for a half day of in-person interviews. Nothing complex, they really want to find if you are a good "Hilti culture" fit, read up online about the company, values. Next you will spend a day "in the van" with an account manager to see if this is the kind of job you really want (jobsite visits are 95% of your working day) - your ride will evaluate you before you make it to the next stage. Another half day in-person interviews. Refresh your math skills (add 1 /34" and 5/16"), decimals.They will check references, education. Know the sales process and be prepared to recite it and give examples. A few logic situation question.

Interview Questions
  • Could be some role playing to see you if you panic, logical or useless - sell me a pen, how do you react to irritated customers, etc. This is a sales environment. Nothing complex or out of the box. Read up on the company and have something intelligent to say or comment.   Answer Question
Try not to except their first offer and make a logical case why not - this is sales, uncovering objections and closing well is a desired and unique skill.

Other Interview Reviews for Hilti USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in April 2009.

Lengthy, multiple steps, but unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Hilti is obsessed with employees relocating which I never understood. Talent is in each region yet Hilti wants to move everybody. Given their relo benefits, it's not financially possible for a husband and wife. If oyou want to see the USA, it's a great place to work but expect to pay a large portion of the expenses. Question, "Please explain your 3-5 year goals".   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. It was a firm salary of mid $40s. They did exaggerate the bonus potential because most targets are unattainable.

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Too easy. Seemed as decision had already been made.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

The experiences are mixed. Some new sales people did van rides some did not. I had a new inexperienced manager and he didn't know how to interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

My move to this position came from the base market to the upper market. I had a series of three interviews. The first and second interviews were with two managers from the market to ask general interview questions about my work experience, obstacles/triumphs, my plan for the territory and my expectations. The third interview was a power-point presentation to upper management chronicling my experience/successes with the company thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected these days, but certainly one of the most important: Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied and how you resolved the situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in February 2010.

Many steps but it exposes you to so many good people. You see the full support of team members helping each other and how the customers perceive Hilti. It was long but worth the time.

Interview Questions
    Positive. There wasn't much negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2011.

I had a very serious interest in this industry and company. I had 15 years in a related industry. I had more than I needed in relation to education and experience requirements listed in the job posting. I did my homework on the company, visited a few of their facilities and reached out to a few current employees. Both times I had a phone interview the interviewers called exactly one hour early. Apparently the concept of time zones evades this company. Interviewers were totally disengaged in the process and seemed to know little about the actual job we were discussing. There is no way I didn't deserve to at least get a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Very arrogant and elitist company in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have project management experience?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in August 2010.

The interview processes consisted of an phone screen first. Then after the phone screen I was asked to go visit customers with one of their sales reps. We visited sites as well as offices. Expect to be on the job and get a little dirty. Not for people who want to sell to offices only. The vehicle we rode in was marked with the company logo. Not really the car you want to drive to the store. The sales rep even made comments that customers laugh at the funny looking vehicle. The company might want to consider using the industry standard like a truck. Also, if you have a baby don't expect to put a car seat in your company vehicle. It won't happen. I then interviewed with the managers at their retail store. I have to say not sure about the one of the managers not sure if I would want to work for him.
    I was interviewed again and made an offer but for Atlanta the salary was ridiculous. They want a lot from their sales reps but in Atlanta I can go with a higher industry with better pay. Overall positive but I think their expectations are a little unrealistic. I think this would be a good foundation in sales but if your good the impression is that you leave.

Interview Questions

Offer with more chance of advancement
    appears importing talent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in October 2008.

Phone interview went well. 1:1 interview went well - very casual and comfortable attitude by the lone interviewer, but questions were appropriately challenging. Interviewer called back twice to schedule a ride-along to see what the job was like. When the date for the ride-along arrived, I still had no information as to what location to be at, who to contact, etc. Interviewer never returned my calls.
    Very disappointed in the way I was dismissed by what seemed to be a quality company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you've had with a customer.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview experience was very slow. If you want a job, be prepared to wait.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!