Hilti USA

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 7 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in August 2011.

Interview Details – I first and foremost want to say that the interview process was unprofessional. Never have I been humiliated by an employer during the interview process in my life.I had, in total, 7 interviews, which included 2 in person, and they were for positions that I did not apply for. They made me go through months of telephone interviews and a personality assessment test. I finally landed a face to face interview in May which was held in one of their store warehouses that was not very clean. After my first one on one interview, I called the interviewer, a couple weeks later, to follow up and he flat out rejected me on the telephone and said he would make an offer to another guy. Then I noticed a different position, Construction laser specialist, a couple months later, which I applied for through The Ladders job search agency, not realizing it was Hilti I was applying for. A different HR rep called me up and had me come in to their NJ Headquarters to interview with two people this time, the interviewer from the first one on one interview and the new HR rep. It turns out the candidate they had rejected me for declined their offer and they wanted to re-interview me for that Field Engineer position. I was not interested in that position but in the interest of being employed, I was willing to accept and comply with their wishes. From my point of view, I wanted to present myself as a team player that was flexible to help contribute to the growth of the company. After a hour and a half interview, I felt as though the interview went well and was expecting for them not to reject me a second time. I followed up with the HR rep a couple of days later to find out when I could expect a decision. The next day the interviewer that rejected me in May, rejected me again in August through email citing the same reason: They found another candidate. This is totally unprofessional. I paid close to $200 in gas and tolls for both those interviews. I did not have to go through two interviws for jobs I did not want only to be rejected TWICE. I presented my qualifications for the job that I applied for, they pigeon-holed me into a job I didn't want and then rejected me for this position. This is a very unprofessional group of people that are not very candid with their candidates and do all kinds of probing, even asking questions that do not have anything to do with the technical merits of the job. They wasted my time and I do not recommend anyone trying to work for them. If they are playing politics with the candidate even before they get hired, than imagine the nonsense they would put you through if you do finally get hired. I felt like they were asking me so many questions only to discredit my past accomplishments and downplay the value I can bring to Hilti. In short, they are more concerned with finding something wrong with employees, rather than finding someone and creating an environment where one can become part of a team for positive contribution. I agree with some of the previous people who posted in this forum. Stay away from Hilti.

Interview Question – Name an experience in detail where you were in conflict with a teammate in your previous international experience. How did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hilti USA

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilti USA Engineering interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilti USA employees and interview candidates.