Hilti USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

Applied online, got call next day. Whole process took 2 or 3 weeks. First is the standard 20 minute phone HR interview, nothing complex, mostly questions about your resume, etc. Then a visit to a Hilti Center for a half day of in-person interviews. Nothing complex, they really want to find if you are a good "Hilti culture" fit, read up online about the company, values. Next you will spend a day "in the van" with an account manager to see if this is the kind of job you really want (jobsite visits are 95% of your working day) - your ride will evaluate you before you make it to the next stage. Another half day in-person interviews. Refresh your math skills (add 1 /34" and 5/16"), decimals.They will check references, education. Know the sales process and be prepared to recite it and give examples. A few logic situation question.

Interview Questions

• Could be some role playing to see you if you panic, logical or useless - sell me a pen, how do you react to irritated customers, etc. This is a sales environment. Nothing complex or out of the box. Read up on the company and have something intelligent to say or comment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try not to except their first offer and make a logical case why not - this is sales, uncovering objections and closing well is a desired and unique skill.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

Standard application process, I would say. A little bit slower than anticipated, though (approx 1 month from first contact to actual first interview date). It seemed to me that non-sales positions seem to take longer to fill than sales positions.

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

After a brief phone screen with the recruiter, she referred me to the hiring manager who then spent about an hour with me. The interview process is behavioral based and the interviewers spend most of their time evaluating how you handled various situations in your previous role(s). In order to advance to the next round (doing a ride along), you need to have solid experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a customer who had unreasonable expectations.   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti USA in March 2014.

Interview

One video interview. But they look for candidates who would not require sponsorship in future. So did not proceed further.

Interview Questions

• The first question they asked was about sponsorship to work in US. As I would have required sponsorship in future, they did not proceed further.   Answer Question

Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was referred to Hilti by a friend working in Houston. My experience consisted of 2 interviews at a Hilti location in Houston. A strong resume is needed to get a first interview. The entire process took only about 2 weeks. After hired, you will complete roughly 2 weeks of online training and then go to Tulsa for 3 weeks of hands on training. Hilti has a fantastic training department.

Interview Questions

• You will probably be asked to sell an item to the interviewer, such as a pen or stapler.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hilti Has a pretty structured pay scale, but the is room for a little negotiation before your offer letter.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Great hiring process based on Red Threads which includes hiring, performance management and career progression. Behavioral questions along with CARDs

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO what would you do differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussed location as well as equitable salary.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Applied through campus. Inconsistent process. 2 interviews for me but more than 4 for some. First interview was on campus. Mainly just behavioral. Second would be a site visit where they try to impress you with their campus and the attendance of senior management. They gave a very impressive proposition of the company and have high expectations for GPA.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Very easy. Greatest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is competitive

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview

Too easy. Seemed as decision had already been made.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not as "drawn out" as some of the other people's experiences on glassdoor, but Hilti USA does not communicate clearly through this process. For instance, I spoke with a recruiter twice over the phone, a regional manager from a "neighboring" territory, and then interviewed with two other manager in Detroit, MI. Through this whole process, I found that no one communicated my salary requirements; this was evident by the two regional managers (who interviewed me) shocked facial expressions. Overall, I was offered the position, but I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• The interview started by describing my childhood and where I grew up. The discussion was "detailed" and lasted almost an hour. I have never had an interview focus on what type of housing that I grew up in (a tree farm). Very strange.   Answer Question

I felt that they would penalize me if I did not move all over the country to take their open positions.

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a 4 step interview process. First a phone screen with the HR person. Second with the manager. Third with the divisional and some other managers. The last step of the interview process is a ride-a-long with an account manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and were mostly behavioral questions (i.e. tell me a time you had to work for someone that was difficult to work with).   Answer Question

The company was a good company and fit for me. But I did not want to relocate at the time. It is a blue collar company, which means you start from the bottom (i.e. selling to construction people in the field). If that is for you, this is the right company for you. Overall it is a good company with good company values.

See What Hilti USA Employees Are Saying

Former Account Manager III in Kansas City, MO

Pros: “One of the strongest and most recognizable brands in the construction industry. Selling Hilti can be fun with a good manager and a good team. A true sales organization. Lots of resources to...”“One of the strongest and most recognizable brands in the construction industry. Selling Hilti can be fun with a good manager and a good team. A true sales organization. Lots of resources to help. Most tools are higher quality than the competitive brands but differentiation gap is narrowing, commoditization has arrived. Average medical benefits. Long term strategy of customer engagement and segmentation is causing steady growth but there are no true innovative products or product lines on the horizon. Sales planning is hyper-process oriented that benefits new salespeople but clearly creates daily “speedbumps” that slows down otherwise productive salespeople to a crawl.” – Full Review