Hilti USA Interview Questions & Reviews

42 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in April 2009.

Lengthy, multiple steps, but unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Hilti is obsessed with employees relocating which I never understood. Talent is in each region yet Hilti wants to move everybody. Given their relo benefits, it's not financially possible for a husband and wife. If oyou want to see the USA, it's a great place to work but expect to pay a large portion of the expenses. Question, "Please explain your 3-5 year goals".   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. It was a firm salary of mid $40s. They did exaggerate the bonus potential because most targets are unattainable.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in August 2013.

The interview process was not as "drawn out" as some of the other people's experiences on glassdoor, but Hilti USA does not communicate clearly through this process. For instance, I spoke with a recruiter twice over the phone, a regional manager from a "neighboring" territory, and then interviewed with two other manager in Detroit, MI. Through this whole process, I found that no one communicated my salary requirements; this was evident by the two regional managers (who interviewed me) shocked facial expressions. Overall, I was offered the position, but I turned it down.

Interview Questions
    • The interview started by describing my childhood and where I grew up. The discussion was "detailed" and lasted almost an hour. I have never had an interview focus on what type of housing that I grew up in (a tree farm). Very strange.   Answer Question

I felt that they would penalize me if I did not move all over the country to take their open positions.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Too easy. Seemed as decision had already been made.

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in April 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. First a phone screen with the HR person. Second with the manager. Third with the divisional and some other managers. The last step of the interview process is a ride-a-long with an account manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward and were mostly behavioral questions (i.e. tell me a time you had to work for someone that was difficult to work with).   Answer Question

The company was a good company and fit for me. But I did not want to relocate at the time. It is a blue collar company, which means you start from the bottom (i.e. selling to construction people in the field). If that is for you, this is the right company for you. Overall it is a good company with good company values.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

The experiences are mixed. Some new sales people did van rides some did not. I had a new inexperienced manager and he didn't know how to interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

My move to this position came from the base market to the upper market. I had a series of three interviews. The first and second interviews were with two managers from the market to ask general interview questions about my work experience, obstacles/triumphs, my plan for the territory and my expectations. The third interview was a power-point presentation to upper management chronicling my experience/successes with the company thus far.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected these days, but certainly one of the most important: Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied and how you resolved the situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Fire Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in April 2010.

This was an internal interview. They will ask you questions regarding how you grew the business...what obstacles you overcame...etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in February 2010.

Many steps but it exposes you to so many good people. You see the full support of team members helping each other and how the customers perceive Hilti. It was long but worth the time.

Interview Questions
    Positive. There wasn't much negotiating.

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in July 2011.

Everyone makes the company sound amazing and the opportunity for advancement even better. The work is boring and takes no skill. You have to be a kiss-up if you want to advance.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation they asked salary requirement and it was given.. should have gone higher

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2011.

I had a very serious interest in this industry and company. I had 15 years in a related industry. I had more than I needed in relation to education and experience requirements listed in the job posting. I did my homework on the company, visited a few of their facilities and reached out to a few current employees. Both times I had a phone interview the interviewers called exactly one hour early. Apparently the concept of time zones evades this company. Interviewers were totally disengaged in the process and seemed to know little about the actual job we were discussing. There is no way I didn't deserve to at least get a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Very arrogant and elitist company in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have project management experience?   View Answer