Hilti USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2011.

Interview Details – After completing graduate school on a part-time basis, I was made aware of a couple Hilti opportunities/interest in our logistics graduates through my school of business. Soon thereafter I applied and later interviewed for a couple of different "Logistics Specialist" positions. One should note this this is a broad, generic title at Hilti - actually a Logistics Specialist can mean about 5 unrelated things in this company and have a pay scale that spans about $30K.

The process started with 5 separate phone interviews - a prescreening (HR rep), a meet/greet by a hiring manager (Sr. Director), and a phone interview (Sr. Director). This process was repeated on a later date by a different hiring manager (another Sr. Director) with the exception of the prescreen. All phone calls were very typical, ranging from a half hour to an hour, and consisted of behavioral interview questions, walking them through my resume, etc. If anything, it seemed a little less intense than what I have experienced in the past, which perhaps created a false sense of security. It should be noted that communication must be minimal at this company, as neither Sr. Director was aware the other hand contacted me, despite having offices several feet away from one another.

I suppose the phone interviews were successful, because I was invited to Tulsa for face-to-face interviews on 2 separate occasions (I asked if this could be accomplished in the same day and they said no). For both travel was to be paid for by the interviewee - something I was accustomed to, despite only being a few hours drive round trip. Both times in Tulsa I had 4 hour long marathon interviews where various members of management would cycle in and out. I appreciated the fact they didn't just absolutely grill me or try and pick to pieces every answer I gave them - which can be the case at other places - but at the same time it almost felt as though we were just going through the motions due to the lack of substance, standard Q&A, and interviewers were ill prepared asking many questions that should have already been evident between my resume and phone calls....all of this despite the fact they told me numerous times that I was on a short list of candidates, it would be well worth my time to explore the opportunity further, really playing up all the international experience they could offer me on down the line, etc.

I was never offered a position although was supposedly 1st or 2nd runner-up for what its worth...In fact, after being told very enthusiastically "I'd know something in a week" -- week after week, after week, passed with only one of many inquiring emails returned saying "We still have not made a decision" ---without explanation for the revised time table...Finally nearly 2 months after my final interview I called HR to tell them to take my name out of the hat and that I had to renew a lease locally if I were going to stay, etc...It was only then I finally was notified --- not by either hiring manager but by the HR lady I had spoke with for 1/2 an hour 2 months prior --- that I was not chosen for the position without any sort of explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a difficult problem thinking by thinking analytically...   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time you found an innovative way to ship overdimensional products ?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview processes consisted of an phone screen first. Then after the phone screen I was asked to go visit customers with one of their sales reps. We visited sites as well as offices. Expect to be on the job and get a little dirty. Not for people who want to sell to offices only. The vehicle we rode in was marked with the company logo. Not really the car you want to drive to the store. The sales rep even made comments that customers laugh at the funny looking vehicle. The company might want to consider using the industry standard like a truck. Also, if you have a baby don't expect to put a car seat in your company vehicle. It won't happen. I then interviewed with the managers at their retail store. I have to say not sure about the one of the managers not sure if I would want to work for him.
I was interviewed again and made an offer but for Atlanta the salary was ridiculous. They want a lot from their sales reps but in Atlanta I can go with a higher industry with better pay. Overall positive but I think their expectations are a little unrealistic. I think this would be a good foundation in sales but if your good the impression is that you leave.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offer with more chance of advancement
appears importing talent

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Tulsa, OK

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – No one person can make a decision, inconstancy in what the company likes to show (who they are - goals, achievements, creed) vs management authority and actions. Lots of responsibility and zero authority.

Interview Question – What is your motivation for working here?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilti USA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral interviewing techniques:
1. Give me an example of a time that you worked with a difficult person?
2. Give me an example of a time that you lead a project?
3. Give me an example of a time that you achieved strong results?

General questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why work at Hilti?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate salary to an extent.

South Bend, IN

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in October 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview went well. 1:1 interview went well - very casual and comfortable attitude by the lone interviewer, but questions were appropriately challenging. Interviewer called back twice to schedule a ride-along to see what the job was like. When the date for the ride-along arrived, I still had no information as to what location to be at, who to contact, etc. Interviewer never returned my calls.
Very disappointed in the way I was dismissed by what seemed to be a quality company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you've had with a customer.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – Interview experience was very slow. If you want a job, be prepared to wait.

Interview Question – It was standard questions, no real suprises   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Hilti USA

Interview Details – The interview was conducted with multiple people to gain different perspectives. Part of the interview consisted of acting out worst case client scenarios with interviewer as client. Full explanation of individual sales style and cycle. Interviewers were pleasant and relaxed in style. They are looking for fit into their corporate culture. Willingness to travel/reloacte is a must.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Account Manager Proshop Interview

Account Manager Proshop

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a week later. Had a 30 min phone interview( forgot what the questions were since was a while back). Then met with RM of sales area. Had math test. Had a 3 hour long face to face which was formated according to the " Red Thread Manual". Google it to see if you find something. Asked questiona about previous sales experiences amd would have been good idea to bring evidence of sales achievements as he asked me why i had not, i told him that i couldnt since it may be unethical to bring him confidential documents containing sales figures to anothee employer. They may ask if "Red you find have ever been too tired to sell" to which you should always answer "Red never "Red no matter how unnatural you may find saying it. Will ask you to sell this pen. After this interview with hiring manager, you will have interview with division manager who will have a casual conversation with you but is seeing if you are the type of person they would invite to the proverbial "Hilti BBQ", in other words they want to see if you are a good cultural fit for the hilti culture.

Interview Question – Have you ever been to tired to sell? Always answer "NO"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coulda shoulda...

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilti USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had a preliminary phone interview with basic personality questions. Was contacted again in a few weeks for another phone interview. did not receive position

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Hilti USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was through video conferencing with three interviewers. Interviewers were nice and polite. theywere curious to know whatresearch I had done on the company so far.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume/background/why Hilti/future term plans etc.   Answer Question