Hilti USA

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilti USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had a preliminary phone interview with basic personality questions. Was contacted again in a few weeks for another phone interview. did not receive position

Interview Questions

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilti USA in March 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was more of a behavioral test than anything else. they ask questions like what would you do if a fellow employee did this etc. and as long as your answer isn't something where you cause a conflict then you pass.

the face to face interview was with me and 2 employees. asked about communication skills, asked me to define some engineering terms like "How would you describe a moment force?". They are usually impressed with any major event planning skills.

they will ask you if you are willing to relocate to their headquarters in Iowa or some mid-west state for a year or two to train, i think this is where i lost it. i lied and said I was willing to relocate, but i dont think i sold the lie very well (i was just going for a summer internship, i have no desire to be in the midwest).

they won't contact you for at least a month after the interview (they say 2 weeks, they lie). and if you didnt get the job you'll find out by email.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a moment force to a client who has never dealt with engineering terms before?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to relocate to our HQ for a year or two for training?   View Answer

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!