Hilti USA Interview Questions in Tulsa, OK

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

After a brief phone screen with the recruiter, she referred me to the hiring manager who then spent about an hour with me. The interview process is behavioral based and the interviewers spend most of their time evaluating how you handled various situations in your previous role(s). In order to advance to the next round (doing a ride along), you need to have solid experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a customer who had unreasonable expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Great hiring process based on Red Threads which includes hiring, performance management and career progression. Behavioral questions along with CARDs

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO what would you do differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Discussed location as well as equitable salary.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Applied through campus. Inconsistent process. 2 interviews for me but more than 4 for some. First interview was on campus. Mainly just behavioral. Second would be a site visit where they try to impress you with their campus and the attendance of senior management. They gave a very impressive proposition of the company and have high expectations for GPA.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Very easy. Greatest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is competitive

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in July 2011.

Interview

Everyone makes the company sound amazing and the opportunity for advancement even better. The work is boring and takes no skill. You have to be a kiss-up if you want to advance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they asked salary requirement and it was given.. should have gone higher

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in January 2011.

Interview

I was made aware of an opportunity/Hilti's interest in my business school's graduates through our career development center (regionally respected part-time MBA program and I remained employed full-time). After applying online, I was contacted by an HR rep through email to setup an phone interview. Days later I was administered a 30 min. phone interview which was very basic, topical, behavioral questions. Every response I gave was on record as she typed it into the computer, and later read by various managers. Overall this first step was probably what most would expect. Not very long afterwards I was contacted by 2 separate Sr. Directors - both hiring for unrelated positions. There was some confusion and very little coordination of efforts between these guys who had offices only feet from one another - it seems that both had thought they'd posted a position under the generic heading "Logistics Specialist" or "Logistics Analyst" but in fact only one had done so. I was ok with this b/c now I was effectively doubling my chances for success by interviewing for multiple roles, it just seemed disorganized on their part. To be brief, one role was more invovled with domestic trans, carrier selection, etc.The other was a little less operational and more analytical in nature - it involved materials purchasing, supply chain, sales forecasting, etc. Both Sr. Dirs. followed the same process: an initial phone call for maybe 30 minutes getting to know each other, then setting up a more formal phone interview for 30 minutes...Much of this was a repeat of the initial phone interview or trying to take a deeper dive into certain answers. Both were followed by an invitation to come interview in Tulsa, OK to their HQ. I was reluctant to travel to Tulsa and spend time away from work but both managers assured me I was on a short list of candidates and it would be "well worth my time"...So on my own dime (which is highly unusual in my experience) - I traveled 4 hours round trip TWICE - they told me it wasn't possible to interview for both positions in the same day...On both occasions at Hilti I had a "marathon" of interviews - 4 interviews an hour long a piece. It was standard fare for interviews, and my interviewers ranged from more "junior directors" if you will, to future colleagues, to people from other departments who I'd be working together with on cross functional teams. If anything the interview process lulled me into a false sense of hope, being that nobody picked at my answers, everyone seemed really down to earth, etc. Then again looking back it may have been as if some were just going through the motions. So I left Hilti feeling pretty good about things and was told I'd know something for certain in a week. To give balance to this post I'll have to say I really liked the job descriptions, the promises of international opportunities, the seemingly fair pay (mid 50s to low 60s). However I was never extended an offer...In fact, a week passed and I heard nothing. I reached out to contact them unsuccessfully. Another week passed with only an email, "we haven't made a decision yet" - never explaining the reasoning for the revised time table and leaving me hanging in the balance over a lease that was about to expire. I shot off a couple more emails and left a vmail trying to explain my predicament, solicit more information, etc. Finally a month after my last interview I called irrate and demanded to speak to someone - I was pretty certain I didn't get the position at this point, but I thought it was gutless and cowardly to leave someone hanging without returning emails, phone calls, etc...Still, the admins told me nobody was available, they were in meetings, etc...The next day the original HR girl I had spoke with returned my call saying they went with different candidates but I "was basically the runner-up" - wow - great solace that is. In the end I spent about 8 hours driving, 12 hours interviewing, $200 of my own money, countless time prepping for these interviews --- only to get a non response from two "gentlemen" who begged me to come up to Tulsa...They didn't even extend me the courtesy of knowing what the deciding factor was in their candidate selection so I could be armed with that knowledge going into my next interview....Not a really classy place in my opinion. Hey - everybody has to have a job and I can't blame someone for interviewing there - but if your lucky enough to have several interviewing options and are trying to decide which to go with - I'd say pass on Hilti...

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you found an innovative approach to doing something through analytical thinking"   1 Answer
    • All the questions were "typical" - behavioral interviews are never easy and nothing posted here will prepare you any better than you'd be otherwise (unfortunately)   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

After completing graduate school on a part-time basis, I was made aware of a couple Hilti opportunities/interest in our logistics graduates through my school of business. Soon thereafter I applied and later interviewed for a couple of different "Logistics Specialist" positions. One should note this this is a broad, generic title at Hilti - actually a Logistics Specialist can mean about 5 unrelated things in this company and have a pay scale that spans about $30K. The process started with 5 separate phone interviews - a prescreening (HR rep), a meet/greet by a hiring manager (Sr. Director), and a phone interview (Sr. Director). This process was repeated on a later date by a different hiring manager (another Sr. Director) with the exception of the prescreen. All phone calls were very typical, ranging from a half hour to an hour, and consisted of behavioral interview questions, walking them through my resume, etc. If anything, it seemed a little less intense than what I have experienced in the past, which perhaps created a false sense of security. It should be noted that communication must be minimal at this company, as neither Sr. Director was aware the other hand contacted me, despite having offices several feet away from one another. I suppose the phone interviews were successful, because I was invited to Tulsa for face-to-face interviews on 2 separate occasions (I asked if this could be accomplished in the same day and they said no). For both travel was to be paid for by the interviewee - something I was accustomed to, despite only being a few hours drive round trip. Both times in Tulsa I had 4 hour long marathon interviews where various members of management would cycle in and out. I appreciated the fact they didn't just absolutely grill me or try and pick to pieces every answer I gave them - which can be the case at other places - but at the same time it almost felt as though we were just going through the motions due to the lack of substance, standard Q&A, and interviewers were ill prepared asking many questions that should have already been evident between my resume and phone calls....all of this despite the fact they told me numerous times that I was on a short list of candidates, it would be well worth my time to explore the opportunity further, really playing up all the international experience they could offer me on down the line, etc. I was never offered a position although was supposedly 1st or 2nd runner-up for what its worth...In fact, after being told very enthusiastically "I'd know something in a week" -- week after week, after week, passed with only one of many inquiring emails returned saying "We still have not made a decision" ---without explanation for the revised time table...Finally nearly 2 months after my final interview I called HR to tell them to take my name out of the hat and that I had to renew a lease locally if I were going to stay, etc...It was only then I finally was notified --- not by either hiring manager but by the HR lady I had spoke with for 1/2 an hour 2 months prior --- that I was not chosen for the position without any sort of explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a difficult problem thinking by thinking analytically...   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you found an innovative way to ship overdimensional products ?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in May 2010.

Interview

No one person can make a decision, inconstancy in what the company likes to show (who they are - goals, achievements, creed) vs management authority and actions. Lots of responsibility and zero authority.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for working here?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

Many steps but it exposes you to so many good people. You see the full support of team members helping each other and how the customers perceive Hilti. It was long but worth the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Positive. There wasn't much negotiating.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilti USA (Tulsa, OK) in January 2008.

Interview

Standard behavioral interviewing techniques: 1. Give me an example of a time that you worked with a difficult person? 2. Give me an example of a time that you lead a project? 3. Give me an example of a time that you achieved strong results? General questions: 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why work at Hilti?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time that you did X?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate salary to an extent.