Hilti Worldwide

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

3.3

Graduate Program Interview

Interesting interview, some tough questions especially about the business model and why exactly Hilti and no competitor. Specific questions: Why do you think this Business Model is successful? What achievements are you most proud of? How would you deal with a client complaining about the product?

Interview Questions
    • Explain the Business Model of Hilti and how it is different from competitors in the market?   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in November 2011.

I had three phone interviews.I interviewed with a recruiter, the hiring manager, and the hiring manager's counterpart. The recruiter and and hiring manager's interviews went very well. They basically asked behavioral and situational questions. The hiring manager's counterpart was the difficult one. He dug into topics like relocation (If they wanted to hire me right now and go to Seattle, WA would I do it.). I explained to him that I was willing to relocate but not at the present time. Then he drilled me about why I wanted to leave my present employer. I explained to him, as I did the recruiter and the hiring manager, that the company had a organizational restructuring and a lot of positions were phased out, limiting promotion opportunities. He asked what my manager said in regards to my future and I thats when I began to wonder why was he asking that type of question. I told him that my immediate supervisor did not communicate with me in regards to that and I have evaulated every opportunity availabe with my present employer and there was no opportunity that I felt matched the path I wanted to travel. He said he found that hard to believe because thats not how they would do it at Hilti. The interview had no structure to it and I knew before we hung up that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What if we wanted to hire you right now and send you to Seattle, WA.? Would you be able to go.   View Answer

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Applied online and was contacted by e-mail to arrange a phone interview. Phone interview was with HR manager and team leader from Liechtenstein. They asked about previous work experience, working style and future career plans.

Interview Questions
    • Question about future career plans. Answer must be aligned with the company policy and position applied.   Answer Question

TTM Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaan (Liechtenstein)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaan (Liechtenstein)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in January 2014.

I found the job opening on internet portal. After application on company portal, I received call in 2 weeks for first round of interview. Questions pertaining to CV were asked in first round. After first round, I got a quick feedback for 2nd round. Second round was quite intensive. I was interviewd by three people mainy my collegue, supervisor and his supervisor. Question were related to teamwork and flexibility, basics of project management etc.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to analyse the reason for drop on sales for one of the products.   View Answer
    No negotiation, salary is fixed for the position.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in October 2013.

slightly fast from the first interview until offering letter

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in February 2013.

interview process was long telephone the 2 panel interviews and a trial run interview

no negotiation

Internship Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide.

I met the HR Manager at a recruiting fair and she called me a few days later for an initial interview. The first interview was over the telephone and quite basic and about the usual personal questions (strengths, weaknesses, expectations of the job at Hilti, etc.). Then I was invited to a second interview round with the general manager and the channel manager. Interview questions had a strong personal focus to find out it the company would fit me and vice versa - which position do you aim for? what do you think you need for this position? in which situations did you show that you possess those capabilities? Then I got the opportunity to assist a sales representative for one day and see if liked this kind of work. Finally, I had another, more indepth telephone interview with HR. It was very much about describing exact situations where my personal characteristics show and what I learned from these situations. The whole interview process was very focused on personality and company fit.

Interview Questions
    • When did you last convice someone where the other person was entirely against your suggestion?   Answer Question

Koordinator Business-Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaan (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaan (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in April 2011.

4 Interviews nach einem vorangegangenen Interview während einer Karriere-Messe. Personalabteilung, Vorgesetzter für die Stelle, für die ich mich beworben habe und zwei zukünftige Kollegen.

4 interviews after one previous interview during a career fair. Human resources, direct boss for the position I applied and two future colleages.

Interview Questions
    • Verhaltensfragen und Besprechung des Lebenslaufs.

Überhaupt keine technischen Fragen.

Behavioral questions and review of CV.
      No technical questions ar all.

View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in February 2011.

Three Interview with three managers. Questions about personal background, experience, hobbies and education. Three languages used.

Interview Questions
    Transportation costs and salary.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilti Worldwide in November 2009.

I was hired through a consultant company. The second round was with the General Manager. I got a task to prepare a presentation for the next round. Tha CFO and GM was there. Than I had interview with other 3 decision makers like Marketing Manager, Product managers. Than the final agreement was again with the GM, face to face. Correct evaluation and feedback. I got help and to prepare the presentation. Constructive approach.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult task was to prepare a presentation about the Hilti marketing strategy. I got some printed material also about the competitors, but still it was not a usuall task.   Answer Question