Hilton Garden Inn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Banquet Sous Chef Interview

Banquet Sous Chef
Staten Island, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hello, the owner gives the resume to the chef and the chef says come in and work. probation for 3 months

Negotiation Details – False promises

Server Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in January 2014.

Interview Details – they advertised for bartender but wanted banquet servers. the interview was ok and got called back for banquet server to hear more information about it. they were giving me the job without a moments time to think if i wanted it.

Interview Question – Are you willing to do all kinds of cleaning?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wasn't pleased will the salary they were offering for that position.

Banquet Captain Interview

Banquet Captain
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in July 2012.

Interview Details – No interview. I was just shown around the hotel and hired from there.

Interview Question – No questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cook Interview

Cartersville, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly lax here. Management does not have much experience with interviewing or hiring. Basically here it's about how you look.

Interview Question – Did not get asked many questions. Mostly basic situational questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the Restaurant Manager. It went great, I felt like he was more nervous that i was. He called me back a few days later telling me that he would like to hire me if I was still interested. I went in and signed what seemed like a million papers. After I did that, I started working/training a couple days later. The process speed was good. I did not have to wait forever for a phone call.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you and not the last person that I interviewed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job so I did not negotiate, just accepted it. I think the hourly rate should be at least minimum wage due to the fact that the restaurant is not that busy to live off tips.

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview Details – They all differ due to different management companies

Interview Question – All of the companies are looking for specific types of people   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Manchester, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview Details – Easy Interview they'll hire anyone they know that they wont have to pay more than $10/hr. I think they try to find people at their most vulnerable. Most people I've met that work there were just down on their luck at the time.

Negotiation Details – I had no other choice i needed a job at the time

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn in January 2012.

Interview Details – Go for your interview, get a drug test done, get your computer training and than your left at the desk alone to learn on your own!

Interview Question – Nothing, super easy questions   Answer Question

Breakfast Attendant Interview

Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview Details – Answered an ad on Craigslist for the Hilton Garden Inn in Sarasota, FL. I went in and filled out the application and asked to talk to the Food and Beverage Manager. Met with the Manager, he seemed evasive and was not able to describe the job very well. Claimed they split gratuities for functions but could not give a ballpark figure on what that might look like. Since he had apparently been there for years, it seems strange he mentioned it and then could not provide details. F&B Manager seemed to be lost in a fog. Tried to follow up with him and the GM and never heard back. Since then there have been numerous postings for the same job; obviously turn over is a problem there. Was not impressed at all with this place or the person interviewing me.

Interview Question – No difficult questions for this position; it is a relatively low level position where the duties are pretty self explanatory and anyone with any food service experience could figure it out.   Answer Question

Catering Coordinaror Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Interview Details – Two part interview: first interview with the Director of Sales basic admin questions, work ethic, handle difficult clients, sales experience. Second interview with General Manager: will you be as asset to the company, ect.

Interview Question – What has been your hardest sell, what did you do to overcome objection and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a particular pay with no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hilton Garden Inn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Garden Inn interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Garden Inn employees and interview candidates.