Hilton International Interview Questions

2.6

Guest Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hilton International in November 2013.

The hotel is very flexible with interviews. I did not live in the state at the time, and they were happy to set up a Skype interview with me. Very friendly and professional.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hilton International.

I initially applied online through the Hilton website and it took about a week before I got a call back to schedule an interview. My first interview was much shorter than anticipated and I was asked questions concerning my employment history and qualifications. About two weeks later I received a call back to schedule a second interview with a front office supervisor. My second interview consisted primarily of the interviewer and myself sharing stories and experiences within the hospitality industry. I was also asked questions relating to front desk duties. Finally I was called back for a third interview with the Director of Front Office. The interview asked questions concerning how I handle working under pressure, etc. I was given an offer at the end of the interview.

Bell Captain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton International in November 2012.

You log on to their company's website and look for job openings and then apply. If they feel that you are qualified they will call the candidate and and ask him/her a few general questions and then they will explain the position more in detail. After that they will invite you to attend an interview in their hotel. At the interview they will ask more job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question was; What was the most difficult decision you have ever made?   View Answer

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton International in March 2013.

I got the interview by seeing the vacancy on caterer.com and applying via the Hilton website. I received a call a week later and was invited to a one to one interview. The interviewer was a very nice bloke but came across as quite inexperienced when it comes to assessing candidates in the sense that he was just reading questions and having an informal chat about the job. He had loads of questions but skipped about half of them, easily. I tried to enquire about progression opportunities in order to get a higher salary but I did not get the feeling that there were many. The interviewer was the F&B supervisor and his wage was only £1 above minimum wage apparently, and it took him years to get to that position.

I was then invited to a trial shift behind the bar for a couple of hours. I was shown around and it was quite casual, I wasn't really being scrutinised, it was just a nice lady keeping an eye on me and telling me a bit about the drinks, how to pull pints, etc. They asked me to bring in my passport and NI number as well as two references and then they went quiet for a week. I then received an email from the company inviting me to an open interview day, which was obviously a mistake on their end as I've been for an interview already (!). I answered the email stating this and a day or so later I got a voice mail in which I was offered the job.

Overall, I got the feeling that they were quite disorganised and not very professional, specially for a company of this calibre.

I could not afford to take a minimum wage job while currently being on £7 an hour. Also, there was no obvious way of progressing within the company to eventually make more money.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton International in August 2008.

it is a very international company. People from different countries, with different habbits, work together. I was interviewed by a singaporean. He asked me several questions about admin and secretarial services. I answered him based on my experience. After 2 weeks interview, I was offered a job. It is not very difficult to have a job in Hilton Worldwide.