Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hilton Worldwide
- Front Desk Agent (12)
- Guest Service Agent (11)
- Intern (7)
- Front Desk Associate (6)
- Sales Manager (6)
- Bartender (6)
- Guest Service Representative (5)
- Reservation Sales Specialist (5)
- Food and Beverage Assistant (5)
- Revenue Analyst (4)
- Front Desk Clerk (4)
- Front Desk Receptionist (4)
- Restaurant Manager (4)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Director (4)
- Banquet Server (4)
- Manager (3)
- Housekeeper (3)
- ECommerce Manager (3)
- Director of Sales (3)
- Waitress (3)
- Catering Manager (2)
- Server (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Bellman (2)
- Senior Event Manager (2)
- Accounting Manager (2)
- Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (2)
- Recruiter (2)
- Front Desk (2)
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.
Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.
- 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/". Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.
The process was a bit slow but consistent. It began with a standard phone call interview with basic questions asked by most interviewers (goals, strengths/weaknesses, accomplishments in current position, etc).
- Describe an incentive program you used, what was the goal and how did it work out? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.
Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...
- Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.
It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.
- No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ? Answer Question
No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.
The interview process was very thorough. I was way over qualified for the position bu they hired me anyway. the DRUG TEST was a saliva test.
- What are your weaknesses? 1 Answer
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.
I applied for the job on April 9th 2010, and had a phone interview the next week. A month later (May 14th) I was called foe an interview. The man was very nice, we spoke for an hour and he gave me every impression that I had the job. He then went on to say the head of HR would call me that afternoon. Well, that never happened. Two days later I called, left a message, but never received a call back. On May 25th I received a very impersonal email stating that I was not being considered for the job anymore. What happened to the days when a phone call back was normal and only considerate? The employers expect the potential employee to act with the utmost of professionalism but do not return the favor. The Hilton stated over and over again about how important the customer was. Well, I am also the customer, and if my experience is negative I have the right to complain to others about the organization. An email is a tacky way to turn someone down for employment.
- What was your most difficult customer confrontation and how did you handle it? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.
First of all, i have applied for that position on line, and then 1 month later I have received a call from someone from HR about setting my first interview which was over the phone. after completed this process, I have a call from the HR telling that I have an interview with the head of the department and then I have completed about 5 different interview, background check and a drug test . A week later I have a call that I was hired. I was so happy for my inputs.
- What did you apply for our company? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.
I was interviewed by the HR Generalist and HR Assistant- interview consisted of Behavioral Based Questions (about 20 of them), pertaining to my HR experience.
- Give me a time when you were faced with a difficult HR-related situation Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review