Hilton Worldwide

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bartender Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – HR called and said F&B would call within 2 weeks, within 1 week, F&B manager called. I called her back, one week goes by she calls again. Set up interview. I arrived 15 mins early, she was in a meeting and 50 mins late. She seemed
rushed but extremely nice.

Questions asked did not pertain to bartending. Not one question regarding how to cut off a patron/guest, how to make sure the drinking laws of Illinois are being adhered to, how do you deal with crabby coworkers or guests, how to upsell, what could I bring to Hilton Suites in Rosemont, How do you cost control. Like they were for a project manager, asked me "what project was I given and not able to fulfill within the allotted time period?""How do I time manage as to get my responsibilities accomplished?" As those are very good questions, they are not good questions for a bartender position. ANd as an experienced bartender, I was thrown off track.

Disappointing, as I was not prepared for such obtuse questions.

Interview Question – Questions NOT related to the job at all.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Guest Service Agent
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2009.

Interview Details – First of all, i have applied for that position on line, and then 1 month later I have received a call from someone from HR about setting my first interview which was over the phone. after completed this process, I have a call from the HR telling that I have an interview with the head of the department and then I have completed about 5 different interview, background check and a drug test . A week later I have a call that I was hired. I was so happy for my inputs.

Interview Question – What did you apply for our company?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough. I was way over qualified for the position bu they hired me anyway. the DRUG TEST was a saliva test.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on April 9th 2010, and had a phone interview the next week. A month later (May 14th) I was called foe an interview. The man was very nice, we spoke for an hour and he gave me every impression that I had the job. He then went on to say the head of HR would call me that afternoon. Well, that never happened. Two days later I called, left a message, but never received a call back. On May 25th I received a very impersonal email stating that I was not being considered for the job anymore. What happened to the days when a phone call back was normal and only considerate? The employers expect the potential employee to act with the utmost of professionalism but do not return the favor. The Hilton stated over and over again about how important the customer was. Well, I am also the customer, and if my experience is negative I have the right to complain to others about the organization. An email is a tacky way to turn someone down for employment.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult customer confrontation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the HR Generalist and HR Assistant- interview consisted of Behavioral Based Questions (about 20 of them), pertaining to my HR experience.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you were faced with a difficult HR-related situation   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Hilton Worldwide Videos

Hilton Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A World of Opportunities for You From Oahu to Ontario, Hilton Worldwide continues to grow throughout the United States and Canada. Conrad Hilton founded our company in 1919 in Cisco, Texas, and developed a lasting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Worldwide interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Worldwide employees and interview candidates.