Hilton Worldwide

2.8

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Revenue Specialist- Revenue Management Consolidated Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

They asked the typical interview questions, including why Hilton. There was a case study that was given, with 20 min to complete. I had never been in this type of interview so it was a bit unexpected to me.

Interview Questions
    • 20 Min case study, basing one companies revenue against 3 others.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Phone interviews

No negotiation. Contracts only.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Was contacted by an internal recruiter at Hilton regarding the position. After a phone interview my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager and an interview scheduled within a week or so. The interview was very much about my background and expertise for the role and just understanding if there was a good fit.

Followup interviews were scheduled for the final candidates about 2 weeks later. I met with three different people for 2 hours total. They were on a very set schedule, so when their time was up the next person moved in, regardless of where you were in the questions. One of the interviewers was more interested in quizzing me about what I knew about Hilton rather than learning about my background, while the others were interested in my workstyle, how I handle shifting priorities, lead teams, etc.

Overall, I think this would have been a good opportunity. I would apply again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Why is (my current company) so slow at taking new products to market.   Answer Question

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had one or two interview screenings with the recruiter, and was then invited for an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to prepare a case study based on information sent to me by the recruiter - I had about two days to prepare. The in-person interview consisted of a group meeting with several other candidates, and then a series of 2-on-1 breakout interviews with different members of the team. It was an elimination process. I made it to the final round and presented my case study to a small group of interviewers. The whole process took about 2 1/2 hours. I got the job offer about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a lot of time to prepare for the case study, and it was a lot of information to process.   Answer Question

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

There is the initial phone interview followed by an on site interview. Pretty standard questions on both. There is a test. You are asked various scenarios where you read the issue outloud and then preform some minimal calculations. Fairly straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions.. decscribe your work experience, what was the hardest or most challenging issue you faced etc.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2013.

Initial phone interview ( asked about my background, and what led me to apply to Hilton Worldwide) at the end of the conversation I was asked to come in to the office to do a 1on 1 interview which I needed to bring a calculator , 1 on 1 interview consisted of 2 separate interviews. First was an analytical interview in which they read off of a prompt and I had to run the numbers to figure out the answers. The second part was more behavioral, in which they tested my ethics, asked about my background, and what my goals were.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions you would expect from any interview (behavioral)   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation

At Home Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2012.

I followed with every step of the hiring process for an at-home customer service agent. I filled out the online test, created a special CD to access Hilton Worldwide hotel systems test and passed. I also had a phone interview with the HR hiring manager in Carrollton, Texas. All went well before the end of the year 2012. After one week of the verbal interview, what I was very careful in speaking on the telephone with clear and precise English, I was denied of the job without any reason.

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received an email to take an online skills test and personality test (taken on home computer) a few days after submitting my online application. I received an email setting up an interview a few days after completing the skills test. The interview was around 20 minutes, and was one on one with someone from HR. I received a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. It is a set pay rate for training, and then a raise after completion of training.

Revenue Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2012.

The first part is a phone interview with the recruiter. They will ask about your background, goals, and a few very general questions. The next part consists of a writing sample. The writing sample is timed and is due 1 hour from the time you start. This allows you to showcase your persuasive and analytical skills. The final part is a behavioral interview. It lasted about an hour and it seemed like they asked every question you could possibly think of. Make sure you are prepared and have answers ready.

Interview Questions
    • What risks have you taken in your career and how did that affect your long term goals? Have you disagreed with past managers and how did you resolve your problems?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, ECommerce Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2012.

A recruiter sent me an introductory email. We set-up a 15 minute phone call and I went through my background, etc. It was a very typical initial interview. We immediately moved to the next step and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. During that interview, he had me walk through my background - I did most of the talking - and he determined I was a good fit.

For the next step, he sent me a case study, which profiled a hotel, its online performance from the previous year, etc, and it identified two of the hotel's competitors. It then had me compare the performance of the hotels, based on SEO and SEM (search marketing) performance. I went above and beyond and put together an extensive deck, which covered all online marketing strategies, not just search. I presented the deck via WebEX - not in person - and it took about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager had zero questions for me after I was done. He said I covered everything flawlessly. Apparently, I nailed it.

I was offered the job after that. Not a single in-person interview was conducted. Just one 30 minute conversation (where I did most of the talking) and a 30 minute presentation (where I did all of the talking). Easiest process I've ever experienced, which I actually found a bit strange and somewhat concerning. "Are they sure I'm a good fit?", I wondered. Turned out, I wasn't. Accepting their offer was, ironically enough, a mistake. I left after 5 months. Big lesson learned.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you recommend the property focus its [paid search] budget and efforts?   View Answer
    I was able to get my desired salary and vacation time.