Hilton Worldwide

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Service Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2011.

Interview Details – Work culture was cool, first round of IV I had with the front desk manager- simple questions like tell me about yourself, and how I could use my skills in this type of environment. once he approved, I immediately met with the Hotel Manager who just wanted to make sure I was not some kind of psycho that the front desk manager approved. Easy stuff.

Interview Question – whats the hardest thing you've had to overcome in your entire life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10/hr

Recruiter Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Phone interviews

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Contracts only.

Product Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an internal recruiter at Hilton regarding the position. After a phone interview my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager and an interview scheduled within a week or so. The interview was very much about my background and expertise for the role and just understanding if there was a good fit.

Followup interviews were scheduled for the final candidates about 2 weeks later. I met with three different people for 2 hours total. They were on a very set schedule, so when their time was up the next person moved in, regardless of where you were in the questions. One of the interviewers was more interested in quizzing me about what I knew about Hilton rather than learning about my background, while the others were interested in my workstyle, how I handle shifting priorities, lead teams, etc.

Overall, I think this would have been a good opportunity. I would apply again in the future.

Interview Question – Why is (my current company) so slow at taking new products to market.   Answer Question

Project Manager, PMO Interview

Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial review with the Director of PMO - grueling interview, very detailed. If you gain approval next interview is with Managers and Vice President.

Interview Question – Ensure you are comfortable with SDLC. Will be asked for definitions (ie difference between Risk and Issue, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another opportunity

CRM Senior Analyst/Marketing Manager Interview

Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received initial call from HR to do screening, did 2 more phone interviews. Next step was to be face to face, they flew me to Dallas for a 4-5 hr. Didn't get sr. analyst role called back for manager role and it took a long time to receive offer

Interview Question – None that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but I didn't get much more than I was originally offered

ECommerce Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had one or two interview screenings with the recruiter, and was then invited for an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to prepare a case study based on information sent to me by the recruiter - I had about two days to prepare. The in-person interview consisted of a group meeting with several other candidates, and then a series of 2-on-1 breakout interviews with different members of the team. It was an elimination process. I made it to the final round and presented my case study to a small group of interviewers. The whole process took about 2 1/2 hours. I got the job offer about 3 days later.

Interview Question – There was not a lot of time to prepare for the case study, and it was a lot of information to process.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, ECommerce Services Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter sent me an introductory email. We set-up a 15 minute phone call and I went through my background, etc. It was a very typical initial interview. We immediately moved to the next step and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. During that interview, he had me walk through my background - I did most of the talking - and he determined I was a good fit.

For the next step, he sent me a case study, which profiled a hotel, its online performance from the previous year, etc, and it identified two of the hotel's competitors. It then had me compare the performance of the hotels, based on SEO and SEM (search marketing) performance. I went above and beyond and put together an extensive deck, which covered all online marketing strategies, not just search. I presented the deck via WebEX - not in person - and it took about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager had zero questions for me after I was done. He said I covered everything flawlessly. Apparently, I nailed it.

I was offered the job after that. Not a single in-person interview was conducted. Just one 30 minute conversation (where I did most of the talking) and a 30 minute presentation (where I did all of the talking). Easiest process I've ever experienced, which I actually found a bit strange and somewhat concerning. "Are they sure I'm a good fit?", I wondered. Turned out, I wasn't. Accepting their offer was, ironically enough, a mistake. I left after 5 months. Big lesson learned.

Interview Question – Where would you recommend the property focus its [paid search] budget and efforts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to get my desired salary and vacation time.

Revenue Manager Interview

Addison, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

Interview Details – There is the initial phone interview followed by an on site interview. Pretty standard questions on both. There is a test. You are asked various scenarios where you read the issue outloud and then preform some minimal calculations. Fairly straight forward

Interview Question – Typical questions.. decscribe your work experience, what was the hardest or most challenging issue you faced etc.   Answer Question

Revenue Coordinator Interview

Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first part is a phone interview with the recruiter. They will ask about your background, goals, and a few very general questions. The next part consists of a writing sample. The writing sample is timed and is due 1 hour from the time you start. This allows you to showcase your persuasive and analytical skills. The final part is a behavioral interview. It lasted about an hour and it seemed like they asked every question you could possibly think of. Make sure you are prepared and have answers ready.

Interview Question – What risks have you taken in your career and how did that affect your long term goals? Have you disagreed with past managers and how did you resolve your problems?   Answer Question

At Home Service Agent Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2012.

Interview Details – I followed with every step of the hiring process for an at-home customer service agent. I filled out the online test, created a special CD to access Hilton Worldwide hotel systems test and passed. I also had a phone interview with the HR hiring manager in Carrollton, Texas. All went well before the end of the year 2012. After one week of the verbal interview, what I was very careful in speaking on the telephone with clear and precise English, I was denied of the job without any reason.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Hilton Worldwide Videos

Hilton Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A World of Opportunities for You From Oahu to Ontario, Hilton Worldwide continues to grow throughout the United States and Canada. Conrad Hilton founded our company in 1919 in Cisco, Texas, and developed a lasting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Worldwide interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Worldwide employees and interview candidates.