Hilton Worldwide Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.5

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

It was about 30 mins. It was quick and short, there were many questions dealing with customer satisfaction and service. If hired, there are three times, morning, afternonn, and night audit shift.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience for customer service. Communication skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was three way process: first was the initial phone interview with the rooms division manager. After that I went for a face to face interview one week after the phone interview. It took another two weeks following up to confirm orientation day.

Interview Questions

• They basically look for one's ability to cope with stress..   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is low, however you just need to get into the system & you can explore other opportunities within the Hilton family...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Conway, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

Received call from HR after I applied online about 2 days before. HR rep was very friendly, and gave a mini interview over the phone. HR rep is looking for personality over anything on the phone, so be energetic and personable. She told me at the end of call that I would be going forward for an in-person interview and I would receive an email from her to schedule it. Interviewed 3 days later with two FD mangers. Very friendly and ask straightforward questions. (Why Hilton?, Tell me about a time you had an angry customer? Why should we hire you?) Got a call back the same day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Most difficult question was, tell me about a time where you had a crisis at work and you had to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set rate.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

i applied online and got a call 2 weeks later from the director of HR. Went to the interview and she made it really comfortable asked some behavioral questions mainly about my experience. After the interview she asked me if I had time for a second interview with the assistant director of the department I was applying for. of course I said yes and she took me downstairs to interview with the director. The director was really laid back, asked a couple more questions and explained all about their company as well as the position details. I could of sworn I did an incredible interview and she even said herself to call in a couple days if I didn't get a call from them. I left both interviews feeling great but once I did call back they said the position has been filled. I was pretty upset but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• tell a time when you made a mistake and what did u do to fix it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

1st phone and 2nd in person interview. Same question same be confident and remember GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE past experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Tell me about a time when you tried something and failed? What did you learn? How would you do things differently next time?A guest approaches you, and apparently in hurry, and express dissatisfaction with some element of their stay. You have the impression that they will not return to our hotel/ company. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Basic situation question. They are looking how you will handle situation and dealing with guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$10.40 and now $12.50

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

Interview

It was an easy process.I interviewed with front desk manager and then GM.Both were very nice very upfront.They offered me the job.After backround and drug test offered job.I took it and loved it .It was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got upset at a job.How did I Handlel it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

STool 11 to start.Wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

one interview, very conversational. Be happy and say anything dealing with great customer service

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (San Juan, PR) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied on line, they called the next day to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for 11:00am and I didn't get interviewed until 12:30. There were three people in front of me to be interviewed for same job. I was there until 2:00pm, because after the initial interview I was interviewed by the department supervisor as well. Both interviewees were friendly and made me feel comfortable. The initial impression of the other staff working there is that they were snooty and not helpful. They didn't inform anyone of how long we had to wait and left us all sitting in the front office waiting for over an hour to be seen for our interviews. One interviewee had her appointment scheduled for 10:30 and was not seen until 11:30.

Interview Questions

• A hotel customer thinks your voice is sexy on the phone and wants you to come up to his room after your shift is over and give him a massage. What would you say to him.   2 Answers

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2009.

Interview

Online application followed by a short phone interview and a request to come in for an on-site interview with the Front Office Manager. Interviewed first with him (he no longer works for the company) then with the HR Officer and the General Manager himself. Physical presentation is very important (apparently some college kids showed up in slacks and flip flops for their interviews?!) in addition to a answering questions calmly and without unnecessary pauses.

Interview Questions

• If you have worked in customer service before, nothing will surprise you. Guest comes first, and frankly, this is the hospitality industry. You need to be hospitable.   Answer Question