Hilton Worldwide Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The whole interview was great altogether. Was introduced to several key directors, was treated like a guest in their home. It took about an hour and half for the whole process to end.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset guest?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

It was about 30 mins. It was quick and short, there were many questions dealing with customer satisfaction and service. If hired, there are three times, morning, afternonn, and night audit shift.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience for customer service. Communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After checking into HR, a woman came in to take me into her office to ask me some questions. The interview questions were pretty basic with not really any curve balls. Then i spoke to her higher up and his questions overlapped her questions quite a bit. After the interview was over, i recieved a call the next week saying that they really liked my application and that they would keep it for any other position that opens up but they already filled the position.

Interview Questions

• What about the Front Desk position do you like the most?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the Front Desk Supervisor and the General Manager. I was questioned for a good thirty minutes about experience in hotel, customer service work, phone skills, computer skills, tardy, and not being absent since a hotel is pen 24 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• If I had missed a lot of work at previous jobs Can I multi task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was three way process: first was the initial phone interview with the rooms division manager. After that I went for a face to face interview one week after the phone interview. It took another two weeks following up to confirm orientation day.

Interview Questions

• They basically look for one's ability to cope with stress..   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary is low, however you just need to get into the system & you can explore other opportunities within the Hilton family...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Conway, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

Received call from HR after I applied online about 2 days before. HR rep was very friendly, and gave a mini interview over the phone. HR rep is looking for personality over anything on the phone, so be energetic and personable. She told me at the end of call that I would be going forward for an in-person interview and I would receive an email from her to schedule it. Interviewed 3 days later with two FD mangers. Very friendly and ask straightforward questions. (Why Hilton?, Tell me about a time you had an angry customer? Why should we hire you?) Got a call back the same day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Most difficult question was, tell me about a time where you had a crisis at work and you had to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set rate.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

i applied online and got a call 2 weeks later from the director of HR. Went to the interview and she made it really comfortable asked some behavioral questions mainly about my experience. After the interview she asked me if I had time for a second interview with the assistant director of the department I was applying for. of course I said yes and she took me downstairs to interview with the director. The director was really laid back, asked a couple more questions and explained all about their company as well as the position details. I could of sworn I did an incredible interview and she even said herself to call in a couple days if I didn't get a call from them. I left both interviews feeling great but once I did call back they said the position has been filled. I was pretty upset but I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• tell a time when you made a mistake and what did u do to fix it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

1st phone and 2nd in person interview. Same question same be confident and remember GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE past experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Tell me about a time when you tried something and failed? What did you learn? How would you do things differently next time?A guest approaches you, and apparently in hurry, and express dissatisfaction with some element of their stay. You have the impression that they will not return to our hotel/ company. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Basic situation question. They are looking how you will handle situation and dealing with guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$10.40 and now $12.50

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

Interview

It was an easy process.I interviewed with front desk manager and then GM.Both were very nice very upfront.They offered me the job.After backround and drug test offered job.I took it and loved it .It was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got upset at a job.How did I Handlel it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

STool 11 to start.Wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer