Hilton Worldwide

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1st phone and 2nd in person interview. Same question same be confident and remember GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE past experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Tell me about a time when you tried something and failed? What did you learn? How would you do things differently next time?A guest approaches you, and apparently in hurry, and express dissatisfaction with some element of their stay. You have the impression that they will not return to our hotel/ company. What do you do?   Answer Question
  • Basic situation question. They are looking how you will handle situation and dealing with guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $10.40 and now $12.50

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straightforward. I received a call two weeks after submitting an application online. I did a phone interview a few days later. After my phone interview I did an office interview. A week later i was offered the position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions everything was very standard and cut and dry. My interview went great. I made the manager laugh and talk a lot. The questions were typical like, What would you do in this situation? Name a time when you had to deal with adversity and what did you ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I was satisfied with their offer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – one interview, very conversational. Be happy and say anything dealing with great customer service

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Desk Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2009.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a short phone interview and a request to come in for an on-site interview with the Front Office Manager. Interviewed first with him (he no longer works for the company) then with the HR Officer and the General Manager himself. Physical presentation is very important (apparently some college kids showed up in slacks and flip flops for their interviews?!) in addition to a answering questions calmly and without unnecessary pauses.

Interview Question – If you have worked in customer service before, nothing will surprise you. Guest comes first, and frankly, this is the hospitality industry. You need to be hospitable.   Answer Question

San Juan, PR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line, they called the next day to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for 11:00am and I didn't get interviewed until 12:30. There were three people in front of me to be interviewed for same job. I was there until 2:00pm, because after the initial interview I was interviewed by the department supervisor as well. Both interviewees were friendly and made me feel comfortable. The initial impression of the other staff working there is that they were snooty and not helpful. They didn't inform anyone of how long we had to wait and left us all sitting in the front office waiting for over an hour to be seen for our interviews. One interviewee had her appointment scheduled for 10:30 and was not seen until 11:30.

Interview Question – A hotel customer thinks your voice is sexy on the phone and wants you to come up to his room after your shift is over and give him a massage. What would you say to him.   View Answers (2)

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled at 2 in the afternoon, got there at 1:30 waited and i was interviewed in 10 min.

Interview Question – weakness   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had emailed the manager about a job posting I saw on my college's website and was called the next day to schedule an interview for that Saturday. I went to the interview and had to fill out a paper application. Then the manager came out and asked me some questions off the top of her head, not really taking any notes from my answers. There were multiple position available which she gave me info on, and then asked which ones I was interested in along with hours. She then asked if I had any questions for her but didn't really seem to want to answer them, so I didn't ask all the ones I had. The interview lasted about a half hour. She then said she'd call me that upcoming Monday or Tuesday about second interviews, but I never got a call back. And I just saw on careerbuilder.com that they have a posting up for the job. Rude, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hilton Worldwide

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Hilton Worldwide Videos

Hilton Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A World of Opportunities for You From Oahu to Ontario, Hilton Worldwide continues to grow throughout the United States and Canada. Conrad Hilton founded our company in 1919 in Cisco, Texas, and developed a lasting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Worldwide Front Desk Agent interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Worldwide employees and interview candidates.