Hilton Worldwide

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2011.

I applied at the downtown St. Paul Hilton Garden Inn through a paper application, and upon handing it to the front desk I immediately went through a short interview with the Front Desk Manager, who was a very friendly woman and asked typical front desk questions. She was very encouraging and made the situation feel confortable so I did very well in the interview. From here, she scheduled me to interview with the General Manager two days later. When the day came, I waited for him in the lobby for about ten minutes until he was ready, and we went up a couple floors to an empty conference room. Not only was the room quite intimidating, but the man interviewing me made things even more intimidating. He was a stone cold business man who asked very difficult questions.
Anyways, I didn't get a call back from that interview. They did, however, call me back about a month later asking me to come in for an interview for the Front Desk Manager position. Feeling slightly offended that they didn't call me back the first time, I did not accept the interview.

Interview Questions
  • If you were faced with an agitated guest and were the only person available to resolve the problem, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2011.

Very strange questions. Kind of shady. Waited til the very end to tell me all of the bad details about the job. I knew after the interview I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were offered a better job with better pay in the next year? Would you just leave us?   View Answers (2)

The job sounded awful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanett, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanett, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in April 2010.

Go to the hotel and fill out an application. If you show up at a time when they have just had an opening, you have a much better chance of getting called for an interview. Check back to see if they are hiring and let them know you have applied.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They are mainly concerned with hiring honest people who take pride in delivering great customer service.   Answer Question
    There isn't much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2010.

I was called back the day after I filled out the application. Asked to come in for an interview that same day. Basic questions were asked. Why would you like to work here? What are your strengths? Your weaknesses? how do you overcome a difficulty in the workplace?Why do you want to work for our company?

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about the hotel business?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a guest was upset and you made them feel better about the issue   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2011.

There are 3 stages to the interview. First step is the Human Resource Manager. They would ask you simple questions about your experience and background information. They might ask you a few behavioral questions such as "If you had a conflict with a co worker, how would you solve it?". Second interview will be with the director/manager of whatever department you signed up for. For this second phase the manager will typically ask more detailed questions about what skills you would contribute to the role. The third phase is panel interview and those questions will depend on who the managers attending are. All and all it is not stressful if you prepare yourself with the normal interview questions.

Front Desk Associate Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2010.

I applied online through the Hilton website. Two days later I received a call from HR. The HR manager was extremely friendly and explained all details regarding the position. After answering general questions about my work history and basic interview question (why do you want to work in this industry, what makes you stand out, how do you deal with irate guest) I was sent up automatically to be interviewed by the front desk manager. After the interview, I was told I would be contacted in the next few days for a third interview which I was. I met the director of the front desk and was given questions regarding scenarios I might face. If you have experience in this industry then it should be easy. If not do some research, there are plenty of resources. I wad told I would receive a call determining if I would be hired in a few days after all the candidates were taken into consideration. I received a call in three days and accepted the position. However when I arrived to fill out paperwork I was interviewed again by the HR Director but the questions were repetitive. Remember to smile!

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with multiple angry guests?   View Answer
    Negotiations of pay are open but remember pay will always be based on experience. Be reasonable if you feel you should negotiate