Hilton Worldwide Front Desk Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Gainesville, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

I lived out of town, but had applied because I was hoping to move to the same city as the hotel. I submitted my resume online and they called me within a week to set up an interview. They were very flexible and understanding that I was coming from out of town and had set up a convenient time for me to be interviewed. Dress was business casual. I was interviewed by both the Front Desk Supervisor and Front Desk Manager. They were friendly and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How do would you handle an unhappy customer in person?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Houston, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

Talked to the HR Director then the GM because the Front Office Manager was out for that day. Then the next day Front Office Manager.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the system rejected me as unqualified. I found that odd since I've worked customer service my whole life. I called the front desk and I asked for the front desk manager's email. I emailed him directly with my resume and cover letter stating why I would be a good candidate. He called me a few days later and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by both managers of the front office. A couple weeks later HR called me for an interview. Then two weeks went by and HR called and asked for references, then about 3 or 4 days later HR called and offered me the position. The next day I filled out paperwork for a background check and took a urine drug test. Everyone was very friendly and laid back. Both interviews we discussed how I handled customer experiences at previous jobs. The HR interview discussed the details of the job, the pay rate, the benefits and the scheduling hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your pet peeve about customer service?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle / motivate negative people?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

Interview

Pretty basic, panel interview was pretty lax, just be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable!