Hilton Worldwide Guest Service Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Guest Service Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I interviewed twice for the position, once with my department manager and once with another manager (but was unclear about their title). Both interviews were more informal and felt more like conversations than the typical question and answer interviews I've previously experienced. We discussed the ability to grow within the company which was a first for me during an interview.

Interview Questions
They seemed to make it quite clear there was not room to negotiate, this was the pay and felt like it was "take it or leave it."

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

The Whole Process About a Month and Half From Submitting the app online too first day of work.

First i submitted my app and resume online then a few days later i would get a screening call asking questions what experience i had and asking me a few most difficult or unexpected questions and they liked what i had then they informed me that someone might call me for an interview.

2nd interview was about a week later after the call screen met with the front office guest service manager he asked me about my goals experience i had and of course the 10 Most Difficult or Unexpected Questions and let me know what to expect about the job and that he had a few more interviews to do and how long the process would take before hire.

3rd interview was about 6 days after the 2nd interview met with the General Manager of the hotel and it was a kinda meet and greet and informed me that i was in the final 4 for the job and let me know that he had 3 others to interview the final decision will be decided by the guest service manager if chosen will be contacted by Hr

About 2 weeks later got an offer letter online through an email and that i needed to come in for drug testing and submit for approval release of criminal and credit check and once that clears i would come in for orientation.

Took a week for the background to clear next step was to come in and sign the hiring packet and started a few days after that.

Tips:dress business casual,be confident in answering all the questions,.ask questions as if your interviewing them about the job.smile and thank them after every interview. explain that you want to advance that shows drive and leadership.

Good luck out there :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time about a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Very professional and smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2011.

I had a 1:1 interview with the front desk manager, followed immediately by an interview with the front desk manager and the general manager. It was mostly just general conversation about my skills, previous jobs and where I saw myself going in the industry as it was new for me. I was given an overview of the job and a realistic description of what it would be like day to day (which proved to be true). I got the feeling that it was a friendly but competitive and chaotic environment which also proved true.

Interview Questions
    • There was no typical question/answer questions. It was more just a free flowing conversation.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. They offered me slightly less than what I put on my application and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2010.

I applied for the position as a Guest Service Agent three months before they contacted me. I had accepted another job by then (who has three months to be unemployed?), but I needed a full-time job so I scheduled an interview.

The first interview was with the HR manager. She explained that typically, their interview process consisted of three parts (with three different managers), usually on different days. Apparently they made an exception on my part, because I did all three on the same day. I waited almost an hour to meet with the front desk manager. It went very well and he asked pretty standard interview, to-be-expected interview questions.

He liked me, so I moved on to interview with the Assistant Director. The man was a bit terrifying. Completely dead-pan, did not smile or react to any of the questions I answered. It was awkward...but I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake in your job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you demonstrated legendary customer service.   Answer Question
    Salary was never brought up or negotiated during the interview, despite my attempts. I accepted the job because I needed the full time position. I was not told how much my salary would be under I confronted HR about it during my training class later that week. Muster up the bravery to bring it up because you might get the shaft!

Guest Service Agent Interview

two almost a month to hear back after application then 2 tweeks from hr then 2 weeks from front desk manager.
    long drawn out process

Interview Questions
    i was offered another job in the time frame it took them to hire me so they offered me more to come to their hotel

Guest Service Agent Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2012.

Hiring interview was very professional. Parked in self-parking and got it validated.

Received phone call same day; few hours after the application was sent. Was told to meet with HR rep, when I arrived I interviewed with HR Manager. Very basic questions: 'why you want to work here', 'describe your work history', and many and I mean MANY 'describe a situation where blah blah blah' so be prepared for whatever it may be, even if you think it relates to whatever is asked just use it, but make sure it makes sense! Be clear and calm, and just smile;very friendly people!

After meeting with the HR Manger, I was sent to meet with the Rooms Manager, he was very welcoming and friendly, asked if I've ever had a day where I dealt with 30-50 customer transactions a day. Chatted about the atmosphere about the hotel, and what kind of clients they get. Also, how would I handle a specific situation regarding hotel issues (i.e. guest isn't happy with their room (air conditioner is broken) what do you do?) Since I had no real hotel experience I gave my best answer (apologize, ask if they'd like to be checked into another room, offer someone to help move their items, and call maintenance to fix the ac for that room) He said that was a very good answer, liked that I was logical, but i forgot to mention to "apologize for the inconvenience") I think as long as your answer is guest oriented then you should be fine.

I was then brought back to HR to fill out some papers saying it was okay to call my references and to do a background & credit check; they called right after I left, and finished my last reference the next day (I interviews Tuesday, so they finished Wednesday.) By the following Thursday my background checks were completed and I was asked to come in to do some paper work. When I got there I was told I'd be taking a drug test. A few days later, my test came back clean and I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!