Hilton Worldwide Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.5

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

İnterview process was good . A couple questions like where you see yourself in 5 years from now? Or what's your biggest challenge that you had? What kind öf strength and weaknesses do you have? What did you do for guest satisfaction give me an example

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any haRd questions. If you are a pro you will ace it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Submitted an online application through the Hilton website, HR called back just over a week later to schedule an interview. They had scheduled a number of candidates for back-to-back interviews with management. I spoke with the front desk manager first, and then with the hotel's general manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes total, for both conversations.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were routine interview questions (why do you want to work here, what strengths would you bring to the job, what are your goals, etc). They also asked me to give an example from a previous job where I contributed to team building efforts, and asked how I would deal with an angry guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The online application had a space for requested wage. I received the hourly rate I requested on the application - there did not seem to be another opportunity to negotiate.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Two interviews: virtual interview followed by in-person interview.

Typical questions as well as ones about what you would do in certain circumstances.

I ended up withdrawing my application though.

The virtual interview was odd ... There is no do-over so it is important to make sure that you practice and are comfortable speaking to a webcam...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your coworker left on break even though there is a long line of customers ....?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

I interviewed twice for the position, once with my department manager and once with another manager (but was unclear about their title). Both interviews were more informal and felt more like conversations than the typical question and answer interviews I've previously experienced. We discussed the ability to grow within the company which was a first for me during an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They seemed to make it quite clear there was not room to negotiate, this was the pay and felt like it was "take it or leave it."

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

The Whole Process About a Month and Half From Submitting the app online too first day of work.

First i submitted my app and resume online then a few days later i would get a screening call asking questions what experience i had and asking me a few most difficult or unexpected questions and they liked what i had then they informed me that someone might call me for an interview.

2nd interview was about a week later after the call screen met with the front office guest service manager he asked me about my goals experience i had and of course the 10 Most Difficult or Unexpected Questions and let me know what to expect about the job and that he had a few more interviews to do and how long the process would take before hire.

3rd interview was about 6 days after the 2nd interview met with the General Manager of the hotel and it was a kinda meet and greet and informed me that i was in the final 4 for the job and let me know that he had 3 others to interview the final decision will be decided by the guest service manager if chosen will be contacted by Hr

About 2 weeks later got an offer letter online through an email and that i needed to come in for drug testing and submit for approval release of criminal and credit check and once that clears i would come in for orientation.

Took a week for the background to clear next step was to come in and sign the hiring packet and started a few days after that.

Tips:dress business casual,be confident in answering all the questions,.ask questions as if your interviewing them about the job.smile and thank them after every interview. explain that you want to advance that shows drive and leadership.

Good luck out there :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very professional and smooth

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Farmington, CT) in September 2011.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview with the front desk manager, followed immediately by an interview with the front desk manager and the general manager. It was mostly just general conversation about my skills, previous jobs and where I saw myself going in the industry as it was new for me. I was given an overview of the job and a realistic description of what it would be like day to day (which proved to be true). I got the feeling that it was a friendly but competitive and chaotic environment which also proved true.

Interview Questions

• There was no typical question/answer questions. It was more just a free flowing conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiating. They offered me slightly less than what I put on my application and I took it.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position as a Guest Service Agent three months before they contacted me. I had accepted another job by then (who has three months to be unemployed?), but I needed a full-time job so I scheduled an interview.

The first interview was with the HR manager. She explained that typically, their interview process consisted of three parts (with three different managers), usually on different days. Apparently they made an exception on my part, because I did all three on the same day. I waited almost an hour to meet with the front desk manager. It went very well and he asked pretty standard interview, to-be-expected interview questions.

He liked me, so I moved on to interview with the Assistant Director. The man was a bit terrifying. Completely dead-pan, did not smile or react to any of the questions I answered. It was awkward...but I got hired.

Interview Questions

• When did you make a mistake in your job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you demonstrated legendary customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was never brought up or negotiated during the interview, despite my attempts. I accepted the job because I needed the full time position. I was not told how much my salary would be under I confronted HR about it during my training class later that week. Muster up the bravery to bring it up because you might get the shaft!

Guest Service Agent Interview

Interview

two almost a month to hear back after application then 2 tweeks from hr then 2 weeks from front desk manager.
    long drawn out process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was offered another job in the time frame it took them to hire me so they offered me more to come to their hotel