Hilton Worldwide

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Applied through a third party site and was contacted within a couple weeks. Interviewed, then was contacted and offered a position a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected if you've interviewed before. All situational questions.   Answer Question
There was no negotiating. I needed a job to pay bills. And knowing someone who worked there, I knew what they pay range was going to be.

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2011.

I applied online for several jobs with Hiltonworldwide, the first interview I received was for a position as an overnight Guest Service Representative. Very attractive building and the entire place was busy with a convention and people were everywhere. The HR department was very hard to find and tucked away through a side door. I met with the Front Desk Manager and he asked me very general questions and he was very nice during our interview. The positon paid $12.00 an hour and .50 more after 90 days. But, the hotel had over 500 rooms plus banquet rooms and parking! I currently work at a much smaller Hampton hotel and it pays $10 and it has around 100 rooms. The best advice I can give is to remind people that bigger is not always better and a dollar or two more may not be worth the headache.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to change my appearance if I was hired?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2011.

I transferred from a Holiday Inn in the same town and like the Hilton much better. Very rigorous training techniques on computers by going through a lot of powerpoints/presentations and passing quizzes. The training is helpful, but most things about the job are actually learned through experience. Some of the language was kind of confusing and I still do not understand it nor do I use it.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you experienced a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    I did not try.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2010.

I was contacted the next day after applying online for the position. I had a short phone interview asking basic questions about background and experience. Then they asked to set up a in person interview. This interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and consisted of background information and a variety of questions. These questions focused on finding a connection of experience to wanted job skills and duties. Such questions were, "How do you handle an upset guest?" "Give an example of how you made a mistake and how you corrected it." "How do you use time management skills?" "How do you multi-task and prioritize?" "When have you gone above and beyond to assist a guest?" "Name a time when you had to take on additional responsibilites and how you implemented them." "Where do you see yourself in five years?" "Why do you feel you are the best canidate for this position?" "How do you problem solve?" "Tell me a time you were left alone in charge and how you handled the situation?" The biggest tip for this position is to answer honestly - I've have been in the hotel industry for over five years and there is ALWAYS going to be that unhappy guest complaining about something, so it is important to identify with this and state that you definitely NEED to listen to the guest, understand the situation, empathize with the guest, and decide upon a solution. Also key to remember with Hilton properties they have the 100% guarantee (if a guest is unhappy they have all charges for their stay taken off), however, most Hilton guests are business travelers that do not personally pay for the room stay (covered by company) so it is vital to connect on a more personal level such as coffee/restaurant gift cards, free movie vouchers, amex gift card, gift basket, etc. - all Hilton properties will have this feature, it is called a service recovery method. This is why I have always worked for Hilton properties - they truly are all about the GUEST!!! Good luck :)

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate because of all the experience I have. However, without previous hotel experience it is hard to negotiate. Best advice is to accept because most companies offer raises about 30-90 days. Also, it is easy to stay with company and have growth opportunities.

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Applied online and sent resume and cover letter, got a phone call one month later asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was done with two front office managers and took about 15 minutes with basic scenario questions as mentioned by others (how to handle unhappy guest, best customer service moment etc.) After phone interview, set up in person interview. In person interview was with two front office managers and went through many of the same questions as in the phone interview, also went through experience and resume. Interview lasted about a half hour. Got a call on my way home to come back in a few hours for further interviews with the head front office manager and the hiring manager. This interview also included pretty much the same questions as the other two, but was a little more relaxed and less structured. After about 30 minutes, they left to discuss the interview. Came back about 10 minutes later and took me to the HR office where I was offered employment and filled out paperwork. Told me they would call me when background check and paperwork was complete. They contacted me two weeks later to inform me that the paperwork was complete and provided me with a start date. From the time i filled out the application to the time i completed my first day was about 9 weeks

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, offer was very fair