Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions
    • As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2015.

The lady and was very professional. Asked me what I knew about Hilton; tell me about myself and asked what experience I had. My overall impression was a very positive one. High ethics and strong commitment to quality.

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Typically with corporate hotels, most postings are required to be open for one to two weeks minimum at which point it's removed. I applied online and heard from the recruitment center about ten days later. Initial interview with the HR recruiter asked standard hotel and management related questions. After speaking with HR, my application was forwarded to the department manager and the assistant director. I had an interview with each, where they asked both interview-type questions... very easy, conversational and comfortable. I then interviewed with the F&B Director and Assistant director, followed by the hotel manager (which is fairly uncharacteristic, but a strategy this property utilizes). Each interview was great and the formality diminished as I spoke to managers "higher up the chain." Everyone was professional, fun, upbeat, excited about their jobs and asked questions I felt to be relevant and truly important rather than basic and impractical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to repair a work relationship with a superior staff member   View Answer

Great fit for me as a company, but this role was not right for me.

Director of Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

The interviewer did almost all of the talking and anytime I was asked a question, he would interrupt me or discourage any of my suggestions. He said they would be calling in a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question and it was simply "Why would you like to work for Hilton."   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

The offer was extended to transfer to another property. The process was not long. Having worked with the Brand before, the questions were aligned to relocation and salary improvement. As an expatriate the conditions of employment would be somewhat different.

The offer was made with an opportunity to review and make suggestions on improving same.

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

İnterview process was good . A couple questions like where you see yourself in 5 years from now? Or what's your biggest challenge that you had? What kind öf strength and weaknesses do you have? What did you do for guest satisfaction give me an example

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any haRd questions. If you are a pro you will ace it   Answer Question

Bellman Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

3 interviews! One phone and two in person. Phone call was with Headquarters HR. In person was with the hotel HR and Dept. Manager. Next was with the Asst. GM. All the interviews were pretty basic and management seemed laid back and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are common interview questions. Be prepared to answer question specific to job and customer service complaints.   Answer Question

IT Sourcing Analyst Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive. They utilize professional recruiters which can sometimes cause many disconnects, but was fairly adequate in this instance. The interview scheduling was easy and the onboarding process was very nice. One of the best experiences as far as interviewing and hiring goes, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were very rigid and one sided. I felt like they brought their best possible offer up front. Either that or the recruiter was just better at negotiating.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was referred to this position by a former coworker and was told that they were already considering an internal hire. I had to formally submitted my resume online then heard from the initial HR recruiter a week later (HR requires that the position be posted for a certain amount of time before closing the position opening). I talked to HR on Thursday, interviewed with the hiring manager and some coworkers on Friday, then received a formal offer by the following Wednesday. Since my role works with a global team, I had all telephone interviews but then met my boss face to face for the offer. The questions mirrored the position of the one I was interviewing with-- work/personality questions from my coworkers and more strategic questions from the hiring VP. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What value/experience can you bring to this position?
    - What is your work style? How do you work with global teams?
    - What do you do when you don't agree with your supervisor/team member?
    - What do you want in a career? What are your values?
    I think the most important think about preparing for the interview is knowing your story about why you want the position, how your previous experience makes you fit for this next position/career, and what value you'll bring to the team.

Interview Questions
    • If I hired you right now and you start tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very straight forward. General interview questions: strengths and weaknesses? why Hilton? why hospitality? what accomplishment are you most proud of? tell me about a time when.... scenario questions, guest related questions