Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.7

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.

Stewart/Dishwasher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Great organization and straight forward went very well I'm glad I had the opportunity it was a short waiting period and very friendly staff many done same day and gave plenty a chance for new opportunity

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Received an email stating that they had read my qualifications and asking to take a Online-Video Interview. The video interview consists of approximately 7 questions, pretty standard questions. The interview lasts approximate 30 minutes.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

After applying to several Job's with Hilton worldwide I received an email stating I had been invited to participate in an online recorded interview. Once I reviewed the email inviting me to participate in the recorded interview I noticed that I only had until the end of the same day to complete the process, I must admit I was somewhat annoyed that I had been given such a limited window to complete the interview. Per the email's suggestion I logged onto the interview site and watched a brief video on the recorded interview process, unfortunately this video did not prepare me for how awkward this process was going to be. I was most recently the General Manager of a full service hotel with close to 100 employees and conducted interviews almost weekly and never had I made an applicant feel as awkward as that "robo" interview made me feel. The interview questions where so generic that they did not provide an adequate chance for a potential employer to understand my knowledge and skills. I am still interested in Working with Hilton Worldwide however, I would not like to participate in another "Robo" interview.

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Interview process was a panel interview. I showed up for the 10am interview at 9:40am. There were 3 other guys interviewing for the Bellman position. As we headed to the boardroom with 2 of the interviewers we found out that there were actually 2 bellman positions available. Once we sat down there was a 5th interviewee that joined in via conference phone. The questions began with an introduction of ourselves, our experience etc. The 2 people there were actually cool. They asked about how would we handle difficult situations, our strengths and weaknesses etc.... Not difficult questions at all. Then at the end of the interview was when I had gotten upset. We were told by the interviewers that it was necessary to be available 7 days a week. Anywhere from 7am to 11pm. 40 hrs a week was not an option. You work 6 hour shifts depending on the number of checkins and checkouts that day. Huh? What? So basically if you are wanting a Bellman position in downtown Atlanta for $5.50 an hour plus tip you will need to make yourself available 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Apparently there is a computer generated system that composes these figures and let's you know when you need to work.

I did not get the job, had I gotten the job I would have gladly given it to 1 of the other candidates in the room and still posted my experience here on glass door.

FYI, they do this for several positions at the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.

It's like telling people they can't have a second job with out telling them.

Sad part is 1 of the people that did the interviewing came up to me afterwards and told me that they don't like the system.

Then change it!

I worked for Hilton before. Loved my Hilton family but I will never be a part of this Hilton family at Hilton Atlanta.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received the call to schedule an interview less than 5 days after sending out resume. First round interview was on site with Assistant Director of Human Resource. Basically just behavioral question, like Why revenue analyst at (why) Hilton? Why should hire you? Where do you see yourself at 3-5 years?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge in your previous Revenue Analyst position?   Answer Question

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

After passing the initial assessment, the Hirevue (video) interview, PC Check (this is an absolute must) within two days of the application, I was scheduled for a phone interview on my third day. I thought I did very well, even with the 'role play'.

However, I am sure the reason I did not get an offer was because of my 'over qualification'. I have a MBA (Master in Business Administration) and I am working on my PhD. I definitely would prefer a work at home job, because of the flexibility, and I do not have any small children at home. That was what caught my attention to this position.

The interviewer spent quite some time questioning me about my degree and upcoming Doctorate completion. I sensed that I was not going to get the position when she stated that, it seems that I would be more suited or I seem to have more of a business/management/HR background, etc. I explained to her that while that may seem like the obvious, I also am very interested in customer service, I do have extensive background in that field, and probably over time that could be something that I would do when seeking upward mobility in the future.

I still have to say, that the experience and the process was an eye opener since I have never done any other job interview like this. I like the ease and comforts of doing everything from your home and phone. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: When did you start your PhD program?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   View Answer
    There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/".   Answer Question