Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I was called (phone interview) by an assistant manager who knew I had a license in massage therapy. She told me that they had and opening and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for it. They required a full resume, fill out a full application, interview with the hiring manager, and a skills review of giving a massage to the hiring manager. I believe a person one level above the manager had to approve the hire.

Interview Questions

• All the typical background and experience type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...take it or leave it.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call from one of the recruiters and she just asked basic questions about myself and my experience. Received an email for the second interview which was online through HireVue. There were 10 basic and easy questions asked. After a week of the interview I've gotten a email explaining that it would take another week to review all the candidates so I'm current waiting on the results.

Interview Questions

• Explain why do you feel that you are the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult candidate or customer. What was the situation and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you made a mistake at work and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Marketing Analytics Interview

Interview

Interview process took a long time without a referral, turned down because hiring manager was looking for a candidate from an Ivy League school. Hiring manager was very unprofessional and unnecessarily made the conversation awkward. I passed the screening the the HR, and only spoke to the hiring manager over the phone, did not advance to on-site.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about internships and had to defend them as "real" experience   Answer Question

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Rye Brook, NY).

Interview

Worked at a Hilton for 2 consecutive summers while home from college. First met with HR manager and gave me basic info about the position. After a 10 minute meeting I went to go meet with one of the assistant managers and he gave me a bit more details about the position. Strong focus on the quality of service to the guest, and to provide them with the best service possible. Did a walk through of the grounds. Easy and simple questions with obvious answers you know they'd want to hear. Background check takes about a week or more, so bit of a waiting period. Be sure to be polite and smile!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but when I returned the following summer they gave me a .50 cent raise.

Catering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Fantastic group of people from Human resources all the way to the Director. They were genuinely interested in my long term goals and how this job could influence my future success.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple typical interview process. After hearing "we will make a decision next week" every week for 3 weeks, recruitier told me they went with an internal candidate. Over all interview process went smooth other than letting candidates know in a timely fashion if they did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how'd you correct it.   Answer Question

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Anaheim, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The called me fairly quickly and went to the job fair they had. The lady that interviewed me seemed annoyed or overwhelmed by how many people were there. She asked me for my resume and asked my about my past work experience. She mostly wanted to get to know who i was.

Interview Questions

• Why the Hilton? How would you handle the huge rush of guest? Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

VERY non friendly. There are certain specifics that must be met before you even get a phone interview. The internet form is very cumbersome. It took a looong time for the H.R. person to get back to me, and by the time they did, I'd found another job. Apparently, the property can only interview up to 10 people at a time, so if you got your application in at number 11, and they find someone that will do, they will hire them. I wonder how many people that might be better for the job are rejected without an interview at all. And, wouldn't it be great if an industry based on hospitality actually had hospitable in-person interviews?

Interview Questions

• None - I did not interview because I found another job in the time it took for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Quick process. HR is very on top of their stuff. The in person interview was great. The people were very nice. The digital interview is a bit odd. Not sure I like this new trend. I think face to face interviews should be of more importance, but without the digital interview you can't go any further. I don't agree with this, so I chose not to continue with the process.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

It was about 30 mins. It was quick and short, there were many questions dealing with customer satisfaction and service. If hired, there are three times, morning, afternonn, and night audit shift.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience for customer service. Communication skills.   Answer Question