Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.7

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2014.

DIGITAL INTERVIEW;
    Digital interviewing is a modern, new way to interview. It is a simple process. Using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device, you record your answers to pre-set interview questions from Hilton Worldwide. After you finish, Hilton will review your responses and contact you regarding next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for Hilton?   View Answer
    Not completed yet.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

After applying to several Job's with Hilton worldwide I received an email stating I had been invited to participate in an online recorded interview. Once I reviewed the email inviting me to participate in the recorded interview I noticed that I only had until the end of the same day to complete the process, I must admit I was somewhat annoyed that I had been given such a limited window to complete the interview. Per the email's suggestion I logged onto the interview site and watched a brief video on the recorded interview process, unfortunately this video did not prepare me for how awkward this process was going to be. I was most recently the General Manager of a full service hotel with close to 100 employees and conducted interviews almost weekly and never had I made an applicant feel as awkward as that "robo" interview made me feel. The interview questions where so generic that they did not provide an adequate chance for a potential employer to understand my knowledge and skills. I am still interested in Working with Hilton Worldwide however, I would not like to participate in another "Robo" interview.

Communications, Middle East and Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Had three interviews. First on the phone, second online video interview and online assessments and the third was a face-to-face interview. Online assessments were easy but took up a lot of time. Overall, an okay experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included, What do you know about Hilton Worldwide, Why Hilton?, and other general questions related to communications and PR.   Answer Question

Management Development Program - U K Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

I applied online, first thing taking their fit for the program "test" on the Hilton platform. I had to answer some very generic questions mainly related to the personality and hospitality industry by filling in the fields and ticking the boxes followed by uploading my CV and motivation letter. Within a week I was contacted by someone from HR by Email and invited for a digital interview on HireView. This consisted of answering some questions (pretty usual for hospitality interviews). I recommend using the allowed practice questions as it can be quite awkward and uncomfortable talking to the camera by yourself and just answering some questions, rather than having a dialogue. Consequently I had received a 2nd email from the same lady, saying that my application is still considered and that I am invited to complete their online reasoning and personality assessment after which, if successful, I would be invited to meet wit the Senior Team at the assessment center in Luton, U.K. Within a couple of days I received another email from the same person saying that "...after very careful considerations, unfortunately my application did not succeed...". I sent an email to the HR person asking for feedback towards why I did not go further in the selection process but never got anything back.

Interview Questions
    • The reasoning and personality assessment by far.   View Answer

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/".   Answer Question

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Interview process was a panel interview. I showed up for the 10am interview at 9:40am. There were 3 other guys interviewing for the Bellman position. As we headed to the boardroom with 2 of the interviewers we found out that there were actually 2 bellman positions available. Once we sat down there was a 5th interviewee that joined in via conference phone. The questions began with an introduction of ourselves, our experience etc. The 2 people there were actually cool. They asked about how would we handle difficult situations, our strengths and weaknesses etc.... Not difficult questions at all. Then at the end of the interview was when I had gotten upset. We were told by the interviewers that it was necessary to be available 7 days a week. Anywhere from 7am to 11pm. 40 hrs a week was not an option. You work 6 hour shifts depending on the number of checkins and checkouts that day. Huh? What? So basically if you are wanting a Bellman position in downtown Atlanta for $5.50 an hour plus tip you will need to make yourself available 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Apparently there is a computer generated system that composes these figures and let's you know when you need to work.

I did not get the job, had I gotten the job I would have gladly given it to 1 of the other candidates in the room and still posted my experience here on glass door.

FYI, they do this for several positions at the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.

It's like telling people they can't have a second job with out telling them.

Sad part is 1 of the people that did the interviewing came up to me afterwards and told me that they don't like the system.

Then change it!

I worked for Hilton before. Loved my Hilton family but I will never be a part of this Hilton family at Hilton Atlanta.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa Beach, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

I placed an application in person and spoke with the MOD. I tired to come off as super friendly but was warned that it was a long hiring process. I called to check on my application after 2 weeks and couldn't get an update. A month after turning in the application, I got a call for an interview. I dressed how I saw the front desk dressed - dark dress pants and a nice blouse with dark shoes. I showed up 10 minutes early. They asked about my math skills, past awkward guest encounters, what I did at my past jobs and a brief history of myself. They asked about my interest in hospitality and why I felt I was a good fit for their company. They told me they were going to check my references and if all checked out ok, I'd go for a drug test. I took the drug test and was on the desk within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most awkward guest experience and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Received an email stating that they had read my qualifications and asking to take a Online-Video Interview. The video interview consists of approximately 7 questions, pretty standard questions. The interview lasts approximate 30 minutes.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

It was an easy process.I interviewed with front desk manager and then GM.Both were very nice very upfront.They offered me the job.After backround and drug test offered job.I took it and loved it .It was a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you got upset at a job.How did I Handlel it.   Answer Question
    STool 11 to start.Wasn't negotiable.