Hilton Worldwide

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.7

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very straight forward. General interview questions: strengths and weaknesses? why Hilton? why hospitality? what accomplishment are you most proud of? tell me about a time when.... scenario questions, guest related questions

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Watford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Watford, England (UK)

interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2014.

After an initial phone call to clarify my interest and identity, I was instructed to complete a digital interview, as well as numerical, verbal and personality tests. The tests were relatively difficult. The digital interview required me to answer three spoken interview questions, before completing two written essay questions. I got through this stage and now have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What current affairs story has caught your eye recently?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2014.

Received call from HR after I applied online about 2 days before. HR rep was very friendly, and gave a mini interview over the phone. HR rep is looking for personality over anything on the phone, so be energetic and personable. She told me at the end of call that I would be going forward for an in-person interview and I would receive an email from her to schedule it. Interviewed 3 days later with two FD mangers. Very friendly and ask straightforward questions. (Why Hilton?, Tell me about a time you had an angry customer? Why should we hire you?) Got a call back the same day that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty straightforward, nothing out of the ordinary. Most difficult question was, tell me about a time where you had a crisis at work and you had to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set rate.

Director of Banquets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2011.

3 interviews before promotion 2 interviews before initial hire - interview lengthy in time - interviewed by several areas - current department head, human resources, general manager. Waited up to a week to hear back.

Short

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was referred to this position by a former coworker and was told that they were already considering an internal hire. I had to formally submitted my resume online then heard from the initial HR recruiter a week later (HR requires that the position be posted for a certain amount of time before closing the position opening). I talked to HR on Thursday, interviewed with the hiring manager and some coworkers on Friday, then received a formal offer by the following Wednesday. Since my role works with a global team, I had all telephone interviews but then met my boss face to face for the offer. The questions mirrored the position of the one I was interviewing with-- work/personality questions from my coworkers and more strategic questions from the hiring VP. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What value/experience can you bring to this position?
    - What is your work style? How do you work with global teams?
    - What do you do when you don't agree with your supervisor/team member?
    - What do you want in a career? What are your values?
    I think the most important think about preparing for the interview is knowing your story about why you want the position, how your previous experience makes you fit for this next position/career, and what value you'll bring to the team.

Interview Questions
    • If I hired you right now and you start tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

House Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2014.

Very Easy ! Just look nice clean cut and act politely.
    Focus on stating that you are a team player and that you love to give excellent customer service.
    Be on time and ready.
    Explain employment history with passion and your experience in a positive way.

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Submitted an online application through the Hilton website, HR called back just over a week later to schedule an interview. They had scheduled a number of candidates for back-to-back interviews with management. I spoke with the front desk manager first, and then with the hotel's general manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes total, for both conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were routine interview questions (why do you want to work here, what strengths would you bring to the job, what are your goals, etc). They also asked me to give an example from a previous job where I contributed to team building efforts, and asked how I would deal with an angry guest.   Answer Question
    The online application had a space for requested wage. I received the hourly rate I requested on the application - there did not seem to be another opportunity to negotiate.

House Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I filled an application online and it took over 20 minutes, after 2 weeks I received a phone call asking which interview slot I want and what to bring. I

Interview Questions
    • They weren't that difficult, questions were like have you experience working with cleaning chemicals or the hotel industries each answer was rated, are you a perfectionist and of so explain   Answer Question

Got offered another job.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2010.

I had 10 different interviews, 5 of which were phone interviews. The process was haphazard and disorganized. I hear it's improved. Most people I met were nice, but not too informed on the job for which I was interviewing. The best meetings were with line management. The HR meetings were fine but they deferred details to the line managers. All in all, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult. They follow behavior based model, i.e. "...tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question
    Easy.

GSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2010.

It was over the phone and I only had one interview with three people: HR, director of rooms and assistant director of rooms. The interview took 45 minutes. They contacted me within a week.