Hilton Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with human Resources rep who was very pleasant she made it very comfortable for me, seeing I was a bit nervous. Then I went to the second phase with the Director of Banquets, and got the job.

Interview Question – how do you empower others you work with?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2010.

Interview Details – Management was very quick in their hiring process. I had two interviews prior to being hired. First interview was with my pending supervisor and the Department Manager. My second interview was with management from the executive and sales office. Not only was I to play a big role with staff, but I would also have a great deal of contact with the clients.

Interview Question – As silly as it sounds......tell me about yourself was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview through a digital system, where video of answer to interview questions was recorded.

Interview Question – Basic qualitative interview questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work At Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Work At Home Reservation Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the general job posting on their website, the next day was sent a notice saying that they were hiring for specific training groups and start dates and to please apply for one of those newly posted positions - which really newly posted on their website that day. So it seems they gather a "general" group then when it's really time to hire they ask that pool to apply for specific shifts and start dates.

During the first or second application at some point the system informed me that I met the basic criteria via my resume other typed-in details. It then offered the basic skills test "simulation" to be taken to complete the application. If you've ever worked at a call center, you've seen this simulation in some format before. You get some instructions, they play a fake phone call, and you choose the right response and try to accurately key in the information and make the right menu choices to complete the call. I'm pretty sure I did good/acceptable at this. The caller in the simulation was pressed for time, didn't want to hear options, and just wanted an answer. You have to justify why you want demographic data and try to upsell while avoiding making the faux-customer angry. A big part of it is being able to tell when the responses you give begin to annoy the caller, but not ditching the effort to upsell them entirely.

That simulation passed (no real confirmation that I passed, but I certainly didn't blow it) and then "we will contact you."

Almost exactly 3 weeks later I received an email from HireVue. HireVue is Hilton's virtual interviewing service. It's webcam interviewing, but not 1:1 with a live person, rather you and a screen prompt. They say it's so that the applicants are all considered equally - as they all answer the same questions. From the day they email you, you have 3 business days to finish the interview at any time to be considered for the position.

The HireVue system said the process would take 80 minutes and have 20 questions. It allows you to do endless rounds of "practice questions" to get a feel for rambling on to your webcam - and these are also helpful as they're just generic interview questions. If you can formulate decent answers to all of the practice questions you can then answer nearly all the real questions intelligently with some on-the-fly tweaking.

Each recorded webcam response begins with a question or instructions and a 30 second prep time period. You can click to begin recording at any time during the 30 seconds, or let it time out and begin recording automatically. You then have 3 minutes to response.

Most of the "20 questions" in the interview were actually "essay" response questions - most of those requiring a simple yes/no answer to be type out. Essay questions have no time limit. Most essays were along the lines of "Is the starting rate of .... acceptable?" and "Are you able to work in the US?" sort of things. There were only 2-3 that required longer answers, like "How did you hear about this position?" None of the essays seemed to be make/break hard questions.

There were roughly 5 video responses. An unexpected small number of the 20-total questions.

At the end you have a chance to fill out an anonymous survey about the experience itself. Overall it was a positive experience. I will say, I've yet to have any sort of actual human contact with anyone at the company despite having made it seemingly so far. That is a bit odd, but not entirely unexpected.

Update: A few weeks after the webcam interview I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview involved being sent many sheets of information about the company and position as well as a guide to a role-playing scenario. The standard questions of discussing background, talk about a time you failed, etc.. were in the interview prior to the role playing. The interviewer said I did well and she would recommend me.

The next day my job-status in their online system had changed to "offer negotiations" saying I'd been selected and would receive an offer soon. I called, was told I was on their call list, and was contacted the next business day. Accepted offer, begin with orientation this week.

It was a LONG process, going right up to the last minute of when the orientation and training was scheduled to begin per the original job posting.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2010.

Interview Details – The overall process was very quick. I completed a phone interview with a recruiting agency on a Friday. I was then contacted the following Monday to schedule an onsite interview with hiring manager and the senior director. I interviewed with them Wednesday of that same week. I received a phone call from recruiting agency the next day asking that I complete the drug screen and start the following Monday.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was from the recruiting agency. They requested I complete a recorded message that would be provided to the hiring manager stating why I would be the best fit for the position and environment that was described as extremely fast-paced and one of controlled chaos.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and quick - I stated my hourly rate and the company accepted.

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Reservation Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Had to do a computer test to be sure you could work at home. Then came a psychology test via your e mail. Then called in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Had to role play a scenario of a call and a guest was not satisfied with the room and rate offered. They were looking for your answer to include the feature and benefit that justified the rate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The training was going to be 7 weeks on site and you were started at minimum wage during training. Once out of training, you were increased to 9.00 per hour plus incentive. This went for everyone, no matter how much experience you had.

Guest Service Representatove Interview

Guest Service Representatove

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2010.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by department head one-on-one then with department head and human resources

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1st phone and 2nd in person interview. Same question same be confident and remember GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE past experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Tell me about a time when you tried something and failed? What did you learn? How would you do things differently next time?A guest approaches you, and apparently in hurry, and express dissatisfaction with some element of their stay. You have the impression that they will not return to our hotel/ company. What do you do?   Answer Question
  • Basic situation question. They are looking how you will handle situation and dealing with guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $10.40 and now $12.50

Very Easy Interview

Guest Service Manager Interview

Guest Service Manager
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2011.

Interview Details – Work culture was cool, first round of IV I had with the front desk manager- simple questions like tell me about yourself, and how I could use my skills in this type of environment. once he approved, I immediately met with the Hotel Manager who just wanted to make sure I was not some kind of psycho that the front desk manager approved. Easy stuff.

Interview Question – whats the hardest thing you've had to overcome in your entire life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10/hr

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist

I applied online and interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Manager was very professional and freidly/ She ask a lot of questions and she made me very relaxed and comfortable.