Hilton Worldwide

2.7

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received the call to schedule an interview less than 5 days after sending out resume. First round interview was on site with Assistant Director of Human Resource. Basically just behavioral question, like Why revenue analyst at (why) Hilton? Why should hire you? Where do you see yourself at 3-5 years?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge in your previous Revenue Analyst position?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

After passing the initial assessment, the Hirevue (video) interview, PC Check (this is an absolute must) within two days of the application, I was scheduled for a phone interview on my third day. I thought I did very well, even with the 'role play'.

However, I am sure the reason I did not get an offer was because of my 'over qualification'. I have a MBA (Master in Business Administration) and I am working on my PhD. I definitely would prefer a work at home job, because of the flexibility, and I do not have any small children at home. That was what caught my attention to this position.

The interviewer spent quite some time questioning me about my degree and upcoming Doctorate completion. I sensed that I was not going to get the position when she stated that, it seems that I would be more suited or I seem to have more of a business/management/HR background, etc. I explained to her that while that may seem like the obvious, I also am very interested in customer service, I do have extensive background in that field, and probably over time that could be something that I would do when seeking upward mobility in the future.

I still have to say, that the experience and the process was an eye opener since I have never done any other job interview like this. I like the ease and comforts of doing everything from your home and phone. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: When did you start your PhD program?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   View Answer
    There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   View Answer
    No negotiation

ECommerce Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

August 18- Submitted my resume to Hilton Worldwide

August 20- Receive an email from a "Client Recruitment Specialist" asking for my availability for a phone interview. I reply within an hour with times over the next couple days.

August 21- Over 24 hours have passed since I sent my availability reply to the recruiter. I haven't gotten a reply yet. I send a follow-up email to her.

August 22- She finally replies back in the morning saying she'll call me at 1:30. 1:30 comes, 1:30 goes. I get no call. I send an email to her asking if we should reschedule.

August 26- She sends me another email asking what my availability is for that week. I reply.

August 29- Still haven't heard back. I send another followup email. She never replies.

The whole process was surprisingly unprofessional for such a large international company. The recruiter's actions showed little respect for my time and effort.

Assistant Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied for job online, received an email from HR the next day including a link to download the app 'HIreVue'. You are given a deadline of approx. 3 days until when you can interview yourself via this app. After preparing to take the interview via my computer, it turned out that the microphone was not working properly, so I had to take it via my cell phone. Odd experience, since there is no human interaction whatsoever. Once you hit the start button, you have 30 seconds to read the question and then 3 minutes to answer it. I felt that my social media skills were being tested rather than my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your ideal job be?' and 'What was your biggest success?' were the only two professional questions asked. The other two were 'What do you do for fun?' and 'Do you prefer this way of interviewing over the traditional way/".   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

The interview was three way process: first was the initial phone interview with the rooms division manager. After that I went for a face to face interview one week after the phone interview. It took another two weeks following up to confirm orientation day.

Interview Questions
    • They basically look for one's ability to cope with stress..   Answer Question
    The starting salary is low, however you just need to get into the system & you can explore other opportunities within the Hilton family...

Director of Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very long process. Hiring manager/decision maker had busy travel schedule and recruiter often didn't have update. Hiring manager told me I would come back for group interview. Over a month went by and that group interview never happened. Recruiter called and told me moving in another direction - ultimately was filled with internal employee.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming you get the job, and we are sitting here at your 1 year review, what will that look like? What will you have accomplished?   Answer Question

Work At Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

Applied online in late May and completed the personality test and call center simulation the same day. Within about 3 weeks I received an email inviting me to conduct the video interview, which consists 20 questions --- only 5 of which are actual recorded video answers -- the rest were essay questions I had to type in.

About 2 weeks after that, I was emailed to schedule the final telephone interview with my assigned recruiter. I did so upon receipt of the email from her assistant, and was scheduled for the following week. Got on the call, and was almost immediately rescheduled because the reception wasn't clear on her end -- I later realized. Was assured that this in no way would impact my hire-ability because it was a common occurrence since barely anyone had land-lines anymore (I do, but I only use it for emergency services and to send faxes). I did sense some sarcasm in the long lecture I got about how important a phone interview is, but I let it ride--chalked it up to being part of corporate life and dealing with different personalities--and possible exhaustion on her part. My interview was in the afternoon and she was about 10 minutes late in calling.

But, conducted the rescheduled interview 2 days later. Lots of "tell me about a time" behavioral questions. I thought I did well. Standard stuff. I know I all but aced the role play because they furnish you the questions/scenarios days BEFORE the interview and I actually answered ALL OF THEM beforehand in writing, and did research to ensure I wouldn't trip up. The role play ran smoothly and I even got the outcome I wanted (from a sales perspective), despite hesitation from the "client" . Was told I'd hear back within 5 days. I sent my thank you letter (as I normally do for any job interview, AND as was suggested by Hilton in the prep packet they email you).

Exactly 7 days later, I got the impersonal "reject" email. I wasn't too upset because they had posted the same exact job AGAIN earlier that week for a more preferred shift, so I applied for that one while I was waiting to hear back about the one I actually interviewed for. I emailed my recruiter and the main HR department for feedback on my interview and asking if I could be considered for the new one I applied for (not an unconventional request). Got read receipts for both emails but no answer. TODAY (exactly 7 days later), I got the second impersonal "reject email". So, I don't know. Maybe I'm over-qualified (they prefer a Bachelors degree and I have a Masters), I came off too professional and well-versed in business operations (aka, a potential troublemaker) or my Hilton employee referral wasn't up to snuff (guilty by association).

I initially thought that maybe I didn't have a perfect "phone voice" but I know of others that work for them in this capacity, with similar voices AND mine could CLEARLY be heard on the video interview I submitted 3 weeks prior.

So back to square one with the confusion. But I figured I'd a provide a not-so-glamorous viewpoint of the hiring process for THIS particular position, and maybe find other lost souls like me that have NO IDEA as to why they weren't ultimately hired.

They hire for this job in Florida and Texas A LOT -- as in a class every month -- so turnover must be pretty high. Maybe I should count my blessings?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you didn't reach a goal and how did you deal with that -- to ensure it wouldn't happen again? (paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Work From Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

Had to fill out an online application and do a personality test along with a stimulation of working in a call center. It was really easy but time consuming because you have to listen to the whole "training" first. Shortly after that was submitted I got an email to do a video interview on hirevue. It said the process would take 70 minutes but only took around 10. Only a few questions were video related and they give you 3 minutes to answer. The rest were all "essay" questions mostly requiring yes or no responses. A week or so later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later and very challenging. The whole process took an hour long. The questions were ones I really had to think about to come up with answers. You then have to do a role play over the phone with the interviewer. They give you the information before hand so make sure you prepare! You must go step by step through a reservation process and must ask discovery questions to determine the best room to sell. I ended up not selling the room and I was confident I bombed the interview but got a call 2 days later with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to come up with a new solution to something and it failed. Tell me what it was, why it failed, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question
    They go over the pay you decide what schedule you will be working.