Hilton Worldwide

200 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Interview process happened years ago and the company has undergone fundamental changes since that time.

Interview Question – Several questions were highly theoretical and had little bearing on the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was possible but limited.

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – HR called and said F&B would call within 2 weeks, within 1 week, F&B manager called. I called her back, one week goes by she calls again. Set up interview. I arrived 15 mins early, she was in a meeting and 50 mins late. She seemed
rushed but extremely nice.

Questions asked did not pertain to bartending. Not one question regarding how to cut off a patron/guest, how to make sure the drinking laws of Illinois are being adhered to, how do you deal with crabby coworkers or guests, how to upsell, what could I bring to Hilton Suites in Rosemont, How do you cost control. Like they were for a project manager, asked me "what project was I given and not able to fulfill within the allotted time period?""How do I time manage as to get my responsibilities accomplished?" As those are very good questions, they are not good questions for a bartender position. ANd as an experienced bartender, I was thrown off track.

Disappointing, as I was not prepared for such obtuse questions.

Interview Question – Questions NOT related to the job at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hilton Worldwide

Interview Details – Corporate Intern. Apply on Hilton's website. Two phone interviews with people in the department. Only behavior questions. Very simple and straightforward. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Only behavior questions. No difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Project Manager, PMO Interview

Project Manager, PMO
Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial review with the Director of PMO - grueling interview, very detailed. If you gain approval next interview is with Managers and Vice President.

Interview Question – Ensure you are comfortable with SDLC. Will be asked for definitions (ie difference between Risk and Issue, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another opportunity

Very Easy Interview

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview Details – takes at least 3 months to get hired

Interview Question – what is your greatest strength and weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not negotiation phase just got the base pay

GSA/Front Desk Agent Interview

GSA/Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details – Complete paper application with HR, then have one on one interview with dept. Manager

Interview Question – "If you were to look at yourself in the mirror, what would you change and why."   View Answers (2)

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2013.

Interview Details – two interviews, my ability to work as a team,my goals,

Interview Question – how much do you expect to be paid   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Bellman/Guest Services Interview

Bellman/Guest Services
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – You are scheduled by the very friendly HR Rep for an interview with the department manager, if all goes well with the department manager, you then meet with the assistant general manager. All of which are nice and respectful, yet very clear on what the image and expectations are for the hotel.

Interview Question – For me it's always questions that put you on spot, such as, what can you bring to this business. they asked what can you bring to the hotel, how can you be successful in the environment   Answer Question

CRM Senior Analyst/Marketing Manager Interview

CRM Senior Analyst/Marketing Manager
Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received initial call from HR to do screening, did 2 more phone interviews. Next step was to be face to face, they flew me to Dallas for a 4-5 hr. Didn't get sr. analyst role called back for manager role and it took a long time to receive offer

Interview Question – None that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but I didn't get much more than I was originally offered

ESM Interview

ESM
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied, within a day got a phone call. Interviewed a week later with HR, and than met the Director of Rooms. Was called about a week and a half later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Has there been a time when you and a coworker didn't get along? How did you resolve it, if it was resolved?   Answer Question