Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I interviewed twice for the position, once with my department manager and once with another manager (but was unclear about their title). Both interviews were more informal and felt more like conversations than the typical question and answer interviews I've previously experienced. We discussed the ability to grow within the company which was a first for me during an interview.

Interview Questions
    They seemed to make it quite clear there was not room to negotiate, this was the pay and felt like it was "take it or leave it."

Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Took a bit of time for interview to be arranged and it was long too.

Line Cook Interview

Two different interviews. One with the chef along with a skills test and the other one with Human resources.

None

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2013.

Asked questions that basically were psychology, and ridiculous. The interviewer was rude and at one point suggested I EAT MORE SALADS!!!!! I was completely perfect for this type of job. And had more experience than All other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • What did I do when faced with a very difficult situation in the work place.   View Answer

Behllhop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2012.

Was pretty easy. Was asked about customer service, strengths, and how to handle a customer complaint. The only unique question was what to do with a angry guest in the shuttle while its pouring rain. Told me they would call me if interest...hour later was called in to meet the gm and offered job.

None.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had one or two interview screenings with the recruiter, and was then invited for an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to prepare a case study based on information sent to me by the recruiter - I had about two days to prepare. The in-person interview consisted of a group meeting with several other candidates, and then a series of 2-on-1 breakout interviews with different members of the team. It was an elimination process. I made it to the final round and presented my case study to a small group of interviewers. The whole process took about 2 1/2 hours. I got the job offer about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a lot of time to prepare for the case study, and it was a lot of information to process.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, ECommerce Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2012.

A recruiter sent me an introductory email. We set-up a 15 minute phone call and I went through my background, etc. It was a very typical initial interview. We immediately moved to the next step and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. During that interview, he had me walk through my background - I did most of the talking - and he determined I was a good fit.

For the next step, he sent me a case study, which profiled a hotel, its online performance from the previous year, etc, and it identified two of the hotel's competitors. It then had me compare the performance of the hotels, based on SEO and SEM (search marketing) performance. I went above and beyond and put together an extensive deck, which covered all online marketing strategies, not just search. I presented the deck via WebEX - not in person - and it took about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager had zero questions for me after I was done. He said I covered everything flawlessly. Apparently, I nailed it.

I was offered the job after that. Not a single in-person interview was conducted. Just one 30 minute conversation (where I did most of the talking) and a 30 minute presentation (where I did all of the talking). Easiest process I've ever experienced, which I actually found a bit strange and somewhat concerning. "Are they sure I'm a good fit?", I wondered. Turned out, I wasn't. Accepting their offer was, ironically enough, a mistake. I left after 5 months. Big lesson learned.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you recommend the property focus its [paid search] budget and efforts?   View Answer
    I was able to get my desired salary and vacation time.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Applied online and had a phone interview within a week of submitting an application. A week later I came in for a face-to-face interview. They said they'd get back to me within a week, it took almost two...

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you proactively anticipate a guest's needs.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2009.

First of all, i have applied for that position on line, and then 1 month later I have received a call from someone from HR about setting my first interview which was over the phone. after completed this process, I have a call from the HR telling that I have an interview with the head of the department and then I have completed about 5 different interview, background check and a drug test . A week later I have a call that I was hired. I was so happy for my inputs.

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2013.

There is the initial phone interview followed by an on site interview. Pretty standard questions on both. There is a test. You are asked various scenarios where you read the issue outloud and then preform some minimal calculations. Fairly straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions.. decscribe your work experience, what was the hardest or most challenging issue you faced etc.   Answer Question