Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

2.7

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

HR called and said F&B would call within 2 weeks, within 1 week, F&B manager called. I called her back, one week goes by she calls again. Set up interview. I arrived 15 mins early, she was in a meeting and 50 mins late. She seemed
    rushed but extremely nice.

Questions asked did not pertain to bartending. Not one question regarding how to cut off a patron/guest, how to make sure the drinking laws of Illinois are being adhered to, how do you deal with crabby coworkers or guests, how to upsell, what could I bring to Hilton Suites in Rosemont, How do you cost control. Like they were for a project manager, asked me "what project was I given and not able to fulfill within the allotted time period?""How do I time manage as to get my responsibilities accomplished?" As those are very good questions, they are not good questions for a bartender position. ANd as an experienced bartender, I was thrown off track.

Disappointing, as I was not prepared for such obtuse questions.

Intern Interview

Corporate Intern. Apply on Hilton's website. Two phone interviews with people in the department. Only behavior questions. Very simple and straightforward. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Only behavior questions. No difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

GSA/Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Complete paper application with HR, then have one on one interview with dept. Manager

Interview Questions
    • "If you were to look at yourself in the mirror, what would you change and why."   View Answers (2)

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

Interviewed with human Resources rep who was very pleasant she made it very comfortable for me, seeing I was a bit nervous. Then I went to the second phase with the Director of Banquets, and got the job.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa Beach, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

I placed an application in person and spoke with the MOD. I tired to come off as super friendly but was warned that it was a long hiring process. I called to check on my application after 2 weeks and couldn't get an update. A month after turning in the application, I got a call for an interview. I dressed how I saw the front desk dressed - dark dress pants and a nice blouse with dark shoes. I showed up 10 minutes early. They asked about my math skills, past awkward guest encounters, what I did at my past jobs and a brief history of myself. They asked about my interest in hospitality and why I felt I was a good fit for their company. They told me they were going to check my references and if all checked out ok, I'd go for a drug test. I took the drug test and was on the desk within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most awkward guest experience and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

Great experience overall. Everyone was open, friendly and welcoming. Also very informal in nature. Recruiting had a few hiccups in scheduling and some sloppy documentation (obvious they sent someone else's documentation and forgot to update items relevant to my role)

Work At Home Sales and Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2014.

Filled out application, did mock virtual sales room call, had virtual interview with question asked by a computer and then 30 seconds to respond, called by recruiting for real interview, once interview was performed I was offered the job the following day. Interview had question about previous experience and why you would be a good candidate for the job. You were also sent a script and had to do mock reservation with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a customer was upset with you and how you responded.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating salary. Everyone gets the same pay coming into the job.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Applied through a third party site and was contacted within a couple weeks. Interviewed, then was contacted and offered a position a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected if you've interviewed before. All situational questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I needed a job to pay bills. And knowing someone who worked there, I knew what they pay range was going to be.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I interviewed twice for the position, once with my department manager and once with another manager (but was unclear about their title). Both interviews were more informal and felt more like conversations than the typical question and answer interviews I've previously experienced. We discussed the ability to grow within the company which was a first for me during an interview.

Interview Questions
    They seemed to make it quite clear there was not room to negotiate, this was the pay and felt like it was "take it or leave it."

Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Took a bit of time for interview to be arranged and it was long too.