Hilton Worldwide

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.7

Line Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Two different interviews. One with the chef along with a skills test and the other one with Human resources.

None

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in December 2013.

1st phone and 2nd in person interview. Same question same be confident and remember GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE past experience

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this position? Tell me about a time when you tried something and failed? What did you learn? How would you do things differently next time?A guest approaches you, and apparently in hurry, and express dissatisfaction with some element of their stay. You have the impression that they will not return to our hotel/ company. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Basic situation question. They are looking how you will handle situation and dealing with guest.   Answer Question
    $10.40 and now $12.50

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had one or two interview screenings with the recruiter, and was then invited for an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to prepare a case study based on information sent to me by the recruiter - I had about two days to prepare. The in-person interview consisted of a group meeting with several other candidates, and then a series of 2-on-1 breakout interviews with different members of the team. It was an elimination process. I made it to the final round and presented my case study to a small group of interviewers. The whole process took about 2 1/2 hours. I got the job offer about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a lot of time to prepare for the case study, and it was a lot of information to process.   Answer Question

Finance Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2013.

they will ask your background and education, facing difficult situations, and your reference and back ground check and so on. Since it is hospitality work, they are very nice and give a full description of the roll and working environment and after first interview with HR, you will talk with director of the department~

If you have many years experience, you could negotiate a rise after one year~

Bellman/Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2013.

You are scheduled by the very friendly HR Rep for an interview with the department manager, if all goes well with the department manager, you then meet with the assistant general manager. All of which are nice and respectful, yet very clear on what the image and expectations are for the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • For me it's always questions that put you on spot, such as, what can you bring to this business. they asked what can you bring to the hotel, how can you be successful in the environment   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2013.

Asked questions that basically were psychology, and ridiculous. The interviewer was rude and at one point suggested I EAT MORE SALADS!!!!! I was completely perfect for this type of job. And had more experience than All other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • What did I do when faced with a very difficult situation in the work place.   View Answers (2)

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

It is a long process. Multiple interviews with multiple staff. Because of policy, the process takes sometimes weeks for a response. Be patient.

Interview Questions
    They have a salary in mind before they interview you. I would ask for the salary range they are looking at. A very large enterprise who's primary focus is on budget and revenue.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very sketchy interview process. Unprofessional and definitely seemed like the HR Manager was only interested in hiring her own race.Barely asked any questions. The candidate was probably already chosen prior to my interview which is why I was given no chance. Didn't bother to inform me of choosing another candidate for the position and ignored my follow up attempts!

ESM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2013.

Applied, within a day got a phone call. Interviewed a week later with HR, and than met the Director of Rooms. Was called about a week and a half later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Has there been a time when you and a coworker didn't get along? How did you resolve it, if it was resolved?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Phone interview, HR and Manager interview, New Employee Orientation, Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct Training.

No negotiation