Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions in McLean, VA

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Digital Brand Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule the first-round interview (digital) and then two weeks later was interviewed in-person. I highly suggest you have experience in the hospitality industry if you are applying to work at Hilton. It seems they do not consider candidates that lack that experience - even for a fairly entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• The first-round interview is a digital interview - you are asked seven questions. You are given 30 seconds to prep for each question and three minutes max to give your answer. The questions were fairly basic with a strong emphasis on Hilton culture and "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Brand Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

They send you an interview for the digital interview and then a week later you hear from them and they ask you a few question . After that it's a constant cat and mouse Game to follow up with them . It's been months and I haven't received a decline letter or acceptance letter . They keep you in a state of limbo

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will be good for this job ?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was referred to this position by a former coworker and was told that they were already considering an internal hire. I had to formally submitted my resume online then heard from the initial HR recruiter a week later (HR requires that the position be posted for a certain amount of time before closing the position opening). I talked to HR on Thursday, interviewed with the hiring manager and some coworkers on Friday, then received a formal offer by the following Wednesday. Since my role works with a global team, I had all telephone interviews but then met my boss face to face for the offer. The questions mirrored the position of the one I was interviewing with-- work/personality questions from my coworkers and more strategic questions from the hiring VP. Some of the questions I was asked: - What value/experience can you bring to this position? - What is your work style? How do you work with global teams? - What do you do when you don't agree with your supervisor/team member? - What do you want in a career? What are your values? I think the most important think about preparing for the interview is knowing your story about why you want the position, how your previous experience makes you fit for this next position/career, and what value you'll bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• If I hired you right now and you start tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Sponsorship Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very thorough process, asked a variety of questions from work ethic to applications used to what do I like to do in my free time. Overall very general, friendly but also business driven interview.

Interview Questions

• What applications have you used that relate to the current needs of the position?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Great experience overall. Everyone was open, friendly and welcoming. Also very informal in nature. Recruiting had a few hiccups in scheduling and some sloppy documentation (obvious they sent someone else's documentation and forgot to update items relevant to my role)

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA).

Interview

Standard process but they do not interview in their offices, instead choosing conference rooms. You don't get a feel for the workspace or the culture this way.

Negotiation

Very easy.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

it was pretty lenghtly process, hard to hear back from HR and not really sure where I stood the whole time, luckily I had internal friends to help refer me but I have heard it is a very long and unenjoyable process interviewing at HWW

Interview Questions

• if you had to reserach something and not use google, what would you use or do?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Please if you are reading this, take my advice and run away. If you dont, it wont take you long to see why.

Interview Questions

• Nobody has any knowledge of information security here that you will interview with, so read about Unix flavors and incident response plans from 2001 to be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They rely heavily on bonus compensation that is basically controlled by your direct report. The structure is very weak and will largely depend on how much ass you kiss.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Given it was the holidays more or less but the time from initial meeting to final seemed a bit drawn out. I would have loved to have the position; however, they decided to remain internal in their selection.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions were asked; the interviews were more or less comfortable conversations   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with another manager that works in the same department. Mostly behavioral questions, wanting to know about why I applied for the position and what I was looking for. Very few technical questions. Overall the experience was great. Hopefully I hear something positive as its a great company, learning opportunity and room for growth... Not to mention they are prepping for an IPO.