Hilton Worldwide

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was referred to this position by a former coworker and was told that they were already considering an internal hire. I had to formally submitted my resume online then heard from the initial HR recruiter a week later (HR requires that the position be posted for a certain amount of time before closing the position opening). I talked to HR on Thursday, interviewed with the hiring manager and some coworkers on Friday, then received a formal offer by the following Wednesday. Since my role works with a global team, I had all telephone interviews but then met my boss face to face for the offer. The questions mirrored the position of the one I was interviewing with-- work/personality questions from my coworkers and more strategic questions from the hiring VP. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What value/experience can you bring to this position?
    - What is your work style? How do you work with global teams?
    - What do you do when you don't agree with your supervisor/team member?
    - What do you want in a career? What are your values?
    I think the most important think about preparing for the interview is knowing your story about why you want the position, how your previous experience makes you fit for this next position/career, and what value you'll bring to the team.

Interview Questions
    • If I hired you right now and you start tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Standard process but they do not interview in their offices, instead choosing conference rooms. You don't get a feel for the workspace or the culture this way.

Very easy.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2013.

Please if you are reading this, take my advice and run away. If you dont, it wont take you long to see why.

Interview Questions
    • Nobody has any knowledge of information security here that you will interview with, so read about Unix flavors and incident response plans from 2001 to be prepared.   Answer Question
    They rely heavily on bonus compensation that is basically controlled by your direct report. The structure is very weak and will largely depend on how much ass you kiss.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2012.

Given it was the holidays more or less but the time from initial meeting to final seemed a bit drawn out. I would have loved to have the position; however, they decided to remain internal in their selection.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions were asked; the interviews were more or less comfortable conversations   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2011.

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with another manager that works in the same department. Mostly behavioral questions, wanting to know about why I applied for the position and what I was looking for. Very few technical questions. Overall the experience was great. Hopefully I hear something positive as its a great company, learning opportunity and room for growth... Not to mention they are prepping for an IPO.

MBA Summer Intern, Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2011.

I posted my application online and a few days later I received an email from the recruiter. There were 3 phone interviews in total.

1) Recruiter: general info about my background and why I was interested in the firm and the position
    2) Treasury Director: more technical, questions on what specifically I did in my previous sell-side role and why I was interested in this more corporate, slower paced role, very cordial, unassuming, realistic
    3) Assistant Treasurer: higher level questions, focused more on my future objectives, where he is coming from in terms of how he sees the department progressing etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most effective risk management products you have marketed/sold, in your previous job, to clients? Why?   Answer Question
    • Why HWI?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2009.

applied, called for an interview, got the job

take it or leave it