Hilton Worldwide

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   View Answer
    There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Finance Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2013.

they will ask your background and education, facing difficult situations, and your reference and back ground check and so on. Since it is hospitality work, they are very nice and give a full description of the roll and working environment and after first interview with HR, you will talk with director of the department~

If you have many years experience, you could negotiate a rise after one year~

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2011.

I applied online and was called in two days later for an interview with the hiring manager. I had a brief interview regarding the position I was originally applying for, and she suggested that I would be a good fit for this position. She was super friendly and personal so that calmed made it go well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when things were going wrong at your job, and you were being asked to do something that was beyond your job responsibility?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2010.

I was interviewed by the HR manager. Very polite person, listened to all my questions and explained me what the job consisted of.
    Unfortunately it was a very disappointing salary: 4,75 hour + tips which are not as consistent in a Hotel.
    The interview had very standard questions:
    - what have you learned from your previous job
    - a situtation where you helped someone, what would you do differently
    - a diffiuclt decision you made, what would you do differently.

Interview Questions
    • What difficult decision have you made, what would you change now.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Banquets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2009.

The process was quite lengthy with very long periods between follow up phone calls and interviews. I later find some of the people that interviewed me were interviewing me for a different position than I received. Overall, a bit chaotic environment.

They use the name as a tool to lure you in. There is no negotiation.