Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Rye Brook, NY).

Interview

Worked at a Hilton for 2 consecutive summers while home from college. First met with HR manager and gave me basic info about the position. After a 10 minute meeting I went to go meet with one of the assistant managers and he gave me a bit more details about the position. Strong focus on the quality of service to the guest, and to provide them with the best service possible. Did a walk through of the grounds. Easy and simple questions with obvious answers you know they'd want to hear. Background check takes about a week or more, so bit of a waiting period. Be sure to be polite and smile!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but when I returned the following summer they gave me a .50 cent raise.

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Video interview. A little challenging at the beginning. This is the first time I do this type of interview and I was confused with the process. I recorded improperly the first question and felt a little insecure there after. I will be more comfortable in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions

• What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions

• Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Long Island City, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with the Dining manager and the supervisor for a 2 on 1 interivew. Basic going over qualifications on resume etc. The HR Manager was still being hired so met with the GM and asked basic interview questions. She was afraid that my education would hinder my performance because of how ad hoc they run the place.

Finance Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

they will ask your background and education, facing difficult situations, and your reference and back ground check and so on. Since it is hospitality work, they are very nice and give a full description of the roll and working environment and after first interview with HR, you will talk with director of the department~

Negotiation

If you have many years experience, you could negotiate a rise after one year~

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 4 interviews with 4 different people. HR, Department Director, Hotel Manager and General Manager. The entire process was quick and fairly easy. Received a quick response and began working a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the hotel   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was called in two days later for an interview with the hiring manager. I had a brief interview regarding the position I was originally applying for, and she suggested that I would be a good fit for this position. She was super friendly and personal so that calmed made it go well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when things were going wrong at your job, and you were being asked to do something that was beyond your job responsibility?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Short Hills, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager. Very polite person, listened to all my questions and explained me what the job consisted of. Unfortunately it was a very disappointing salary: 4,75 hour + tips which are not as consistent in a Hotel. The interview had very standard questions: - what have you learned from your previous job - a situtation where you helped someone, what would you do differently - a diffiuclt decision you made, what would you do differently.

Interview Questions

• What difficult decision have you made, what would you change now.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Banquets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The process was quite lengthy with very long periods between follow up phone calls and interviews. I later find some of the people that interviewed me were interviewing me for a different position than I received. Overall, a bit chaotic environment.

Negotiation

They use the name as a tool to lure you in. There is no negotiation.