Hilton Worldwide Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

VERY non friendly. There are certain specifics that must be met before you even get a phone interview. The internet form is very cumbersome. It took a looong time for the H.R. person to get back to me, and by the time they did, I'd found another job. Apparently, the property can only interview up to 10 people at a time, so if you got your application in at number 11, and they find someone that will do, they will hire them. I wonder how many people that might be better for the job are rejected without an interview at all. And, wouldn't it be great if an industry based on hospitality actually had hospitable in-person interviews?

Interview Questions

• None - I did not interview because I found another job in the time it took for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hilton Worldwide

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions

• As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

3 steps, HR, Supervisor, GM... be prepared to take 30-45 days to get an offer if you do. no negotiation of offer, take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• We have several big ego's on staff, how would you handle working with them as the newest person on staff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This it it, take it or leave it.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Behavior based interview, as in "tell me a time when"... They are not looking for cookie cutter responses. You need to have a personality and be relate-able in this industry.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by another sales manager. I first interviewed with HR Manager, filled out application and took and assessment questionnaire. I then returned for a second interview, met with the GM. The whole process took about 2 weeks. They chose me out of 6 other candidates. Followed by a drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how I would prospect a piece potential new business 2. How I deal with rejections 3. My sales background   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Pretty simple. Met with two different directors and went over basic interview questions. Mostly they were asking about my market and existing contacts. There werent any questions that stumped me and since I was coming from a competitor hotel, they asked lots of questions about what type of business they do. You definitely have an edge if you are coming from a competitor to get more money.