Hilton Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2010.

Interview Details – The overall process was very quick. I completed a phone interview with a recruiting agency on a Friday. I was then contacted the following Monday to schedule an onsite interview with hiring manager and the senior director. I interviewed with them Wednesday of that same week. I received a phone call from recruiting agency the next day asking that I complete the drug screen and start the following Monday.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was from the recruiting agency. They requested I complete a recorded message that would be provided to the hiring manager stating why I would be the best fit for the position and environment that was described as extremely fast-paced and one of controlled chaos.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and quick - I stated my hourly rate and the company accepted.

Tax Analyst Interview

Tax Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2011.

Interview Details – My recruiter set up the interview. I met with a manager one on one. Then I met with a manager and a supervisor together, and then a supervisor one on one. Altogether the process took about an hour and a half. The interviews were all very conversational and we mostly spoke about my relevant experience, why I was ready to leave my current position, and what the day-to-day in the Tax Analyst position would be like. It sounds like a very exiting time in this department due to changes in personnel.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. I had already stated the salary that I wanted up front.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Knoxville, TN

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

Interview Details – Relaxed interview process. Situational questions. Do your research.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were the only one on the desk, a guest was asking you questions, and the phone was ringing?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Analyst Lead Interview

Programmer Analyst Lead
Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2008.

Interview Details – The process was quite long. It was at least 3 months. Most of that involved waiting with no communication. I really got the feeling that nothing was happening. When it came down to the end, suddenly things were in hurry-up mode. There was little patience for delay on my part. I found that odd, but less so now after having been there for a while. It's fairly consistent with how a lot of things are.

Interview Question – Several questions were about specific configuration options for software packages.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I felt there wasn't any negotiation. In the electronic application it asked what I was looking for. I didn't receive an offer letter until the day I was scheduled to fill out the HR paper work. Previous to that I only received a verbal take-it-or-leave-it offer lacking the nitty gritty details about the entire compensation package. I kinda had an idea what it would be, so I went for it anyway, but had I not had a general idea it would have been hard to actually accept the offer (which was less than I was asking, but not by much in the grand scheme).

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!