Hilton Worldwide

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2011.

My recruiter set up the interview. I met with a manager one on one. Then I met with a manager and a supervisor together, and then a supervisor one on one. Altogether the process took about an hour and a half. The interviews were all very conversational and we mostly spoke about my relevant experience, why I was ready to leave my current position, and what the day-to-day in the Tax Analyst position would be like. It sounds like a very exiting time in this department due to changes in personnel.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation. I had already stated the salary that I wanted up front.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2010.

The overall process was very quick. I completed a phone interview with a recruiting agency on a Friday. I was then contacted the following Monday to schedule an onsite interview with hiring manager and the senior director. I interviewed with them Wednesday of that same week. I received a phone call from recruiting agency the next day asking that I complete the drug screen and start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was from the recruiting agency. They requested I complete a recorded message that would be provided to the hiring manager stating why I would be the best fit for the position and environment that was described as extremely fast-paced and one of controlled chaos.   View Answer
    Simple and quick - I stated my hourly rate and the company accepted.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

Relaxed interview process. Situational questions. Do your research.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were the only one on the desk, a guest was asking you questions, and the phone was ringing?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2008.

The process was quite long. It was at least 3 months. Most of that involved waiting with no communication. I really got the feeling that nothing was happening. When it came down to the end, suddenly things were in hurry-up mode. There was little patience for delay on my part. I found that odd, but less so now after having been there for a while. It's fairly consistent with how a lot of things are.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were about specific configuration options for software packages.   View Answer
    I felt there wasn't any negotiation. In the electronic application it asked what I was looking for. I didn't receive an offer letter until the day I was scheduled to fill out the HR paper work. Previous to that I only received a verbal take-it-or-leave-it offer lacking the nitty gritty details about the entire compensation package. I kinda had an idea what it would be, so I went for it anyway, but had I not had a general idea it would have been hard to actually accept the offer (which was less than I was asking, but not by much in the grand scheme).