Hindawi Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hindawi Publishing

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing.

Interview

I applied to the position online. They contacted me about two weeks later for an English test. They let you in a nice, clean room where you sit to take the exam with other people taking it too. Once you sit, they will give you papers to fill with your basic information, basically the same info in your CV. Then, you proceed with the first test which is easy if your English is at least good. The second exam is only for copy editors. It is easy if you know what you are doing or you have done it before. The only thing is that if your test is scheduled before 12:00 pm, you might want to speed up a little bit since the company's lunch break starts at 12 and they will have to take the exam paper of you and let you wait in the lobby until they are back at 1:00 pm. If you finish before this time, you might have the chance to have your first interview. The 1st interview is with the managers and they were nice.

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

I first applied online and then they called to schedule the English test ,I took the test and it was okay/average and then they called me again for the 1st interview ,i was interviewed by two people and they were nice and most of the questions were personal to get to know me better ,then they called again to schedule my second and final interview ,I went and it was horrible ,I was interviewed by a manager who didn't even introduce himself at first and kept asking a lot of unrelated questions and told me literally that the position doesn't require English or technical skills it's all about your personality ,he didn't seem nice or helpful and I had the feeling that I'm not getting the job eventually.

Interview Questions

• Who is the consumer of Hindawi's corp?   1 Answer

Screening Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2013.

Interview

There was an English test first and then there was the interview, it was a normal one where they ask you the usual known HR questions like "tell us about strengths and weaknesses", "What do you know about this company" and so on. then they called me after a couple of weeks for a final interview with the CEO and that was it.

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing.

Interview

I applied online and then they called me on the phone after a few days to schedule an exam date to test my English skills . It was only a written exam and because I applied for the position of copy editor I had 2 exams . After the exam they told me that if I passed the exam I will go for a second interview

Interview Questions

• The first interview as an English exam, if your English is good you will easily pass it   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2012.

Interview

Being interviewed by 3 persons at the same time was horrible .. the written english test wasn't hard but it was longer than anyone could imagine .. the receptionist couldnt speak english while all was needed to get the job was english .. actually for me it was a bad experience .

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult & stressful day that almost everything was about to be ruined & you were able to handle and fix it   1 Answer

Technical Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hindawi Publishing (Cairo (Egypt)) in July 2011.

Interview

First i gave my CV and then they called me to get a english test and choose a date to go for the test, the text was in english on and average level then they told will call me to tell me the date of my first interview and that what happened after 3 days they called me and set the date for the first interview, it was interview the see my background and my english reading and my knowladge about the computer, then called me after 3 days to set the date for the second and last interview, the secon interview was about the same things but with harder english part to be read, then called me aftar that as i am accepted and to start the work.