Hindustan Petroleum

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.8

Officer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Campus Recruitment

Project Engineer Interview

campus recruiting: Mostly HR

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

The recruitment was through the campus interview. The interview panel consisted of seven senior management personnel including an Executive Director (or a General Manager). The initial stage consisted of shortlisting of resume through the placement cell (career cell). The second and the final stage consisted of interview which took around 20-25 minutes for each student. Most of the questions asked were related to basic thermodynamics.

Interview Questions
    • Well, not really. The most difficult question asked to me, I would say 'Are you going for higher studies and why or why not?'   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Project Engineer Interview

This response sets a nice tone for starting the interview. The interviewee is able to say a lot within 60 seconds by staying focused. The message is clear: the interviewee has both passion and focus relating to the position. He stays on message and concludes by leaving the door open for additional questions about his education and experience. Unfortunately some candidates get off on the wrong foot by rambling on for several minutes about their childhood, family, hobbies, travels, and interests.
    Repeat Key Accomplishment Statements
    Throughout the interview you will be asked numerous questions about your attitude and ability to do the job. Whenever possible, talk about your accomplishments in terms of what you did and the results of your actions for employers. Give examples of your effectiveness, which should include specific skills and statistics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in July 2014.

HPCL did not conduct it's written test but shortlisted people through GATE .They then shortlisted people in interview(interview was an elimination round) and after that they prepared the final merit list giving 85% weightage to the GATE marks and 15% to the interview.In the interview panel there were 7 members and the interview lasted for about half an hour. The interview was totally HR.questions wre like "why do you want to work for HPCL?why should we recruit you?what is your goal in life?tell us some real life examples where u showed leadership skills,what was your role in previous job? why did you leave it?,tell us about the vent you organised in the college,what was your role in it? tell us about the summer training u had done?" n also the tricky question "how have you handled the conflict?".

Interview Questions
    • how have you handled the conflict? tell us about in detail ad how you managed to resolve it?   Answer Question

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in July 2014.

gate 2014 , selction , purely hr interview and no qus related to sublect, many q from improving pumps 7 members were in panel and q were bpmbarded from each one like someone is hiting you

hectic conditions

Inplant Project Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in September 2013.

First step is to get permission from HR Manager.This is most difficult as he is reluctant to entertain anyone After his approval,u r sent to the General Manager of the specified department.General Manager asks basic questions wich tests your understanding of concepts.Few questions can b a bit tough but most are simple.My interview lasted for around half an hour.After GM's approval, an internal supervisor is assigned and we work under his supervision.

Interview Questions
    They admitted us in maintenance as we wer from mechanical field

Officer Trainee Interview

direct interview from college, interviewed everybody who applied because of low number of applications. very easy, selected 5 out of 20 applicants. interview team-3 members, never told us what to expect in job

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in May 2013.

Shorlisting on basis og CGPA and then Interview

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in April 2013.

Interview on basic concepts and general HR questions