Hindustan Petroleum

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inplant Project Trainee Interview

Inplant Project Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details – First step is to get permission from HR Manager.This is most difficult as he is reluctant to entertain anyone After his approval,u r sent to the General Manager of the specified department.General Manager asks basic questions wich tests your understanding of concepts.Few questions can b a bit tough but most are simple.My interview lasted for around half an hour.After GM's approval, an internal supervisor is assigned and we work under his supervision.

Interview Question – They ask only basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They admitted us in maintenance as we wer from mechanical field

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview on basic concepts and general HR questions

Interview Question – Question on basic concepts   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Officer Trainee Interview

Officer Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in August 2009.

Interview Details – Intake is thru GATE exam currently

Interview Question – Intake is thru GATE exam currently   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in March 2012.

Interview Details – Shortlisting on the basis of CGPA/Academic Background and then Interview(HR+Technical).

Interview Question – Questions were organised both from HR and technical. Since HPCL is a typical company different from other PSUs like IOCL etc., they often go for performance in interview not merely top CGPA. The come in panel of around 7 or 8 members consisting of subject and HR experts.However CGPA has major role to play and they mainly select toppers.
Questions abt your family, achievements, future planning and then from pumps, compressors, IC engines, turbines etc.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – HPCL is best known for its competencies and rigour like private companies but at the same time offering you great job security, facilities for self and family, Higher studies allowances, good PRP.
Always show your desperation towards work and be prepared with your weakness and strengths and questions like whether you want go for higher studies.
Also do some homework on HPCL's profile and achievements, awards, current projects , it will give you an edge.

Officer Trainee Mechanical; Interview

Officer Trainee Mechanical;
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly HR. Questions were asked on Part 2 of the Employment Form that listed strengths, hobbies, goals etc. A technical question is asked and if the answer is found satisfactory more technical questions are asked. The panel was cordial but the number of members was huge (8).

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

St Sales Officer Interview

St Sales Officer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Interview Details – There is a generalised interview by a panel of generally 5 to 6 people who will test the candidate on his knowledge in field of study, past experiences, general awareness and aptitude for markering.

Interview Question – Why you want to join Oil PSU.

Are you ready to go to any part of country.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in April 2009.

Interview Details – it was a pretty simple interview. they asked me questions pertaining to my personality and what i have been doing in the college. i was able to handle it comfortably. although i did not have a great undergrad score, i handled the interview very well. this ultimately got me the offer.

Interview Question – describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in June 2010.

Interview Details – In Campus Selection, shortlisting of the candidates were done through GPA basis.There was a presentation and overview of company followed by an interview. The interview was of panel interview consisting of 5 officers from the company. Interview process was cool, they didn't stress much and saw interviewees positive aspects. Interview started of by asking one to introduce themselves. Further questions were asked from their resume and consisted of HR and technical type. Over all, interview is short 10 min and easy.

Interview Question – Why would you want to join our company?(over previous company)   Answer Question

Operations Officer Interview

Operations Officer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum in June 2009.

Interview Details – There is a written test that is conducted in various cities in India. They shortlist on the basis of the test. Then there is a Panel Interview. In this there is a check for the aptitude of the candidate, his/her seriousness of taking up the job. They also judge you on your willingness for working at remote places. So you have to convince them on it. Apart from this, if your education is from a good institute, they do not test you much on the core engineering part because in any case there is a full 6 month long training period. Overall its a decent interview, just there is no need to panic seeing such senior panelists.

Interview Questions

• Explain the working of a Pump and a compressor and the differences.   View Answer
  • Share your knowledge with us on the oil Industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is possible regarding the pay-package as it is decided centrally for the new employee. There is no consideration for the candidates belonging to the premium institutes like IITs or with work experience, except when the company goes for the campus placements.

Worked for Hindustan Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!