Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.7

Officier Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

i shortlisted by gate score, first there is simple interview having nine panelist, they will make you cool so dont get panic, question will be simple and most of them hr. after that there is medical.

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

HPCL did not conduct it's written test but shortlisted people through GATE .They then shortlisted people in interview(interview was an elimination round) and after that they prepared the final merit list giving 85% weightage to the GATE marks and 15% to the interview.In the interview panel there were 7 members and the interview lasted for about half an hour. The interview was totally HR.questions wre like "why do you want to work for HPCL?why should we recruit you?what is your goal in life?tell us some real life examples where u showed leadership skills,what was your role in previous job? why did you leave it?,tell us about the vent you organised in the college,what was your role in it? tell us about the summer training u had done?" n also the tricky question "how have you handled the conflict?".

Interview Questions

• how have you handled the conflict? tell us about in detail ad how you managed to resolve it?   Answer Question

Inplant Project Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First step is to get permission from HR Manager.This is most difficult as he is reluctant to entertain anyone After his approval,u r sent to the General Manager of the specified department.General Manager asks basic questions wich tests your understanding of concepts.Few questions can b a bit tough but most are simple.My interview lasted for around half an hour.After GM's approval, an internal supervisor is assigned and we work under his supervision.

Interview Questions

• They ask only basic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They admitted us in maintenance as we wer from mechanical field

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview on basic concepts and general HR questions

Officer Trainee Mechanical; Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was mainly HR. Questions were asked on Part 2 of the Employment Form that listed strengths, hobbies, goals etc. A technical question is asked and if the answer is found satisfactory more technical questions are asked. The panel was cordial but the number of members was huge (8).

St Sales Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There is a generalised interview by a panel of generally 5 to 6 people who will test the candidate on his knowledge in field of study, past experiences, general awareness and aptitude for markering.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join Oil PSU. Are you ready to go to any part of country.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Shortlisting on the basis of CGPA/Academic Background and then Interview(HR+Technical).

Interview Questions

• Questions were organised both from HR and technical. Since HPCL is a typical company different from other PSUs like IOCL etc., they often go for performance in interview not merely top CGPA. The come in panel of around 7 or 8 members consisting of subject and HR experts.However CGPA has major role to play and they mainly select toppers. Questions abt your family, achievements, future planning and then from pumps, compressors, IC engines, turbines etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HPCL is best known for its competencies and rigour like private companies but at the same time offering you great job security, facilities for self and family, Higher studies allowances, good PRP. Always show your desperation towards work and be prepared with your weakness and strengths and questions like whether you want go for higher studies. Also do some homework on HPCL's profile and achievements, awards, current projects , it will give you an edge.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

In Campus Selection, shortlisting of the candidates were done through GPA basis.There was a presentation and overview of company followed by an interview. The interview was of panel interview consisting of 5 officers from the company. Interview process was cool, they didn't stress much and saw interviewees positive aspects. Interview started of by asking one to introduce themselves. Further questions were asked from their resume and consisted of HR and technical type. Over all, interview is short 10 min and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join our company?(over previous company)   Answer Question

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

Intake is thru GATE exam currently

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

There is a written test that is conducted in various cities in India. They shortlist on the basis of the test. Then there is a Panel Interview. In this there is a check for the aptitude of the candidate, his/her seriousness of taking up the job. They also judge you on your willingness for working at remote places. So you have to convince them on it. Apart from this, if your education is from a good institute, they do not test you much on the core engineering part because in any case there is a full 6 month long training period. Overall its a decent interview, just there is no need to panic seeing such senior panelists.

Interview Questions

• Explain the working of a Pump and a compressor and the differences.   1 Answer
    • Share your knowledge with us on the oil Industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is possible regarding the pay-package as it is decided centrally for the new employee. There is no consideration for the candidates belonging to the premium institutes like IITs or with work experience, except when the company goes for the campus placements.