Hindustan Times

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.3

Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hindustan Times in August 2014.

I WAS CALLED FROM hindustan times and when i reached the venue that was in gurgaon i reached at 11.45am and the time for interview was 12pm and the worst thing the interview started at 1pm they just looked way too busy and quite not interested in the interview. really unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • how can you convince middle class person to buy iphone.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hindustan Times.

2 round interview. easy to crack. general questions based on sales and marketing. nothing difficult. hr interview is very simple. director interview is also ok. they ask you questions like what is sales and sell this product etc.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hindustan Times in April 2013.

great people to work with but freshers would feel inferior with the seniors around.Interview consisted of just one round so it was easy, the work culture is great. Hindustan Times has young crowd making it easy to work

Interview Questions
    • how to fix a computer and the lights of the building   View Answer

Deputy Editor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hindustan Times.

Very transparent. Initial contact by the company, then a Resume on mail to a senior executive. A quick decision to meet the editorial chief for a final interview. An HR call for salary negotiations and then one finalizing meeting with a particular business head again for salary.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything particularly as I was a selected candidate and salary was the only issue. They gave me a good raise.   View Answer
    It was a bit long-drawn and both sides played the game with verve but it was professional and pleasant.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hindustan Times in March 2013.

Talked to a contact and was made to speak to the senior in charge of the desk. Waited two weeks for a call, kept following up just to get a very specific 'no'. But was hired. There was no process as such. All other interviews I have given involved more process than at this place

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. I was warned that there would be no work life balance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, I accepted what was offered

Cartoonist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Hindustan Times.

I graduated from ranks. Mostly HT advertises for posts.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a current political situation, and was asked- how would I react to that.   View Answer
    I was already working as freelancer

Senior Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hindustan Times in September 2012.

Takes a long time for making hiring decision and difficult HR process. Shuffling between different departments with short notice.

Reporter Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hindustan Times in May 2012.

A written test consisting a two hour report writing and grammar based quetions.

Product Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hindustan Times in April 2012.

i had been selected by college panel. so, by this get easy for me to get the reference of org.
    interview was for section of SIP in my MBA program. They conducted only 1 day interview to me. Advice to my friends is to be confident in all kind of interview, it will be best to have complete knowledge of company where ever you go for an interview. Else everything matters upto your performance at there. good luck!

Interview Questions
    • how many balloons will require to fill 800 * 600 sized room?   View Answer

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hindustan Times in January 2012.

Recomended by mine senior manager, i am hearlty thankful to him only because of his initiative i am in this organization. Futher process goes as per the company polices and protocol.

very average negotiation.