Hines Interests

Relevance Date Difficulty

Hines Summer Associate Interview

Hines Summer Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hines Interests in May 2013.

Interview Details – A lot of questions looking for a good fit. Not a lot of technical questions. Didn't look for a lot of work experience due to nature of the job being a summer intern

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and not some guy who worked at Goldman Sachs for the past three years?   View Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hines Interests in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hines typically conducts multiple interviews for an individual candidate. I had six individual interviews and one group interview. The regional CEO always conducted the final interview and interviewed every employee who made it through all the previous rounds. He was the final sign-off and extremely committed to ensuring the candidate was a good match. Not everyone made it through the final interview. It was also a way for the CEO to assess his own teams' judgement in terms of who they recommended for the final interview.

Interview Question – A typical but difficult level of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I assumed that a real estate developer expects their employees to have good negotiating skills, so I assumed they would expect me to negotiate and want to see how well I presented my case. It turned out to be completely the opposite. Their expectation was that the offer would be accepted without negotiating. In the end, they accepted my counter but expressed that it wasn't something they typically did.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hines Interests in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview with recruiter for company, multiple in person and panel interviews.

Interview Question – Asked for salary expectations up front and in every interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be ready for your offer to be "take it or leave it". They typically do jot negotiate salaries.

Project Accountant Interview

Project Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hines Interests in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1st Round: Phone interview with HR. She asked behavioral questions. I got a call back within a day or two.
2nd Round: In-person interviews with the Senior Project Accountant and Controllers. We talked more about the role and my background. They were less traditional in terms of the interview and more of a conversation along with some questions and answers from both sides. I got a call back again within a day or two to set up the last interview.
3rd Round: In-person interview with the Regional Controller. This was also similar to the prior interview round. No specifics in terms of salary or benefits were discussed.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked why I wanted to work in real estate vs. in the oil/gas or energy industries which is more prevalent in Houston.   Answer Question

Worked for Hines Interests? Contribute to the Community!