Hines Interests Limited Partnership

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

This was one of the easiest interview processes I've ever experienced. I never once felt nervous or like I was being judged. Ultimately, they look for a "good fit" in terms of personality and willingness to learn and grow. The initial phone interview was more formal, but the interviews with the actual hiring managers felt more like casual conversations.

My hiring process took a little longer than normal because of some HR shuffling that needed to occur before it was official, but I always got the sense that we were moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • You've never worked in this field of business before. Why are you interested in starting now?   View Answer
    Very easy. I gave a range that I had created using local salary data and what I thought was appropriate. They actually came back with the top number in my range, which was excellent.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview with HR and came in to do some skill tests. Got a call to interview with the controller. Very casual interview..mostly getting to know the team. I interviewed with the controller as well as the Sr. Project Accountant. They mostly talked about how the company works and wanted to know what i did in my previous job.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in September 2014.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a pretty basic interview going through resume and interests in both real estate and the firm. One of the interviewers took a phone call during the middle and returned later. They did not seem like they wanted to be there. They ultimately withdrew the available position due to hiring needs and did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

SEC Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in July 2013.

Phone Interview - Spoke with the Controller, she was very nice, easygoing, just regular questions to get to know me.

In Person Interview - Met with the Senior Analyst and the Controller in person, both very nice and kept most of the entire interview conversational.

Met with HR Rep, she was very nice and informative as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, all conversational and experience based.   Answer Question

Hines Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in May 2013.

A lot of questions looking for a good fit. Not a lot of technical questions. Didn't look for a lot of work experience due to nature of the job being a summer intern

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you and not some guy who worked at Goldman Sachs for the past three years?   View Answer

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

The phone interview seemed very casual, I got asked about my experience. It definitely felt like I had to be the guide through the interview. They take about a week in a half before giving you an response about the second interview. Very nice interviewer but not the one that decides. The first interview is more of a filter. I don't think it was difficult, but I do think that you should have a prepared outline of how you want to highlight whats on your resume and also what wasn't said on your resume.

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2011.

This interview process moved so fast it almost had me worried. I've never had the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about hiring timelines.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was ridiculous. I stated a salary that was very low, to avoid looking deserving, yet Hines still came back with a number that made mine pale in comparison.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in April 2011.

1st Round: Phone interview with HR. She asked behavioral questions. I got a call back within a day or two.
    2nd Round: In-person interviews with the Senior Project Accountant and Controllers. We talked more about the role and my background. They were less traditional in terms of the interview and more of a conversation along with some questions and answers from both sides. I got a call back again within a day or two to set up the last interview.
    3rd Round: In-person interview with the Regional Controller. This was also similar to the prior interview round. No specifics in terms of salary or benefits were discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked why I wanted to work in real estate vs. in the oil/gas or energy industries which is more prevalent in Houston.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2010.

Applied online, phone interview with recruiter for company, multiple in person and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for salary expectations up front and in every interview.   Answer Question
    Be ready for your offer to be "take it or leave it". They typically do jot negotiate salaries.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in May 2010.

Hines typically conducts multiple interviews for an individual candidate. I had six individual interviews and one group interview. The regional CEO always conducted the final interview and interviewed every employee who made it through all the previous rounds. He was the final sign-off and extremely committed to ensuring the candidate was a good match. Not everyone made it through the final interview. It was also a way for the CEO to assess his own teams' judgement in terms of who they recommended for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    I assumed that a real estate developer expects their employees to have good negotiating skills, so I assumed they would expect me to negotiate and want to see how well I presented my case. It turned out to be completely the opposite. Their expectation was that the offer would be accepted without negotiating. In the end, they accepted my counter but expressed that it wasn't something they typically did.