Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Someone scheduled a phone interview with me ask about my previous experience. The interviewer interrupted my answers a few times. At the end of the interview the interviewer told me that they mistakenly applied my information and thought that I was applying for another position which I am not interested in. They said I am not qualified for the Staff Accountant position that I originally applied for and ended the call quickly.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Property Manager and interviewed for that position twice. Had my application rerouted to another position. Interviewed for that one twice. Had my application rerouted again which Hines failed to inform me. So, interview number five, was for position number three and I walked into the room not knowing that. They called me in for a sixth interview and I withdrew my application at this point. I'm not interested in working for a company that was willing to waste my time so indiscriminately.

Interview Questions

• Are you an 'A' student or a 'B' student? (which really means: are you Type-A or Type-B?)   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Hiring conference. Sit down interview with region VP and 3 managers. More of a casual conversation than formal interview. Asks basic "get to know you" questions. Returned later for a facility tour and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Q: What kind of mechanical systems do you have experience with?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you want from a job?   1 Answer

Legal Assistant/Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Informative, sincere and interesting interview. It wasn't a long interview and general questions were asked. I was also given the opportunity to elaborate as needed. It was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous position responsibilities and how/why I was separated from previous employer. Nothing tricky or especially notable. I didn't leave the room wishing I had asked about something specific or that I should have said something different. Overall, positive.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

I applied to this position through a recruiter. I had a phone interview and two in person interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with the hiring manager plus the operations manager. The interviewers were easy to talk with, and the questions were pretty straight forward. All thru out the process I was given the impression that they were interested in me for the position. I received a verbal offer from them and about a wee later and accepted the next day. They delayed getting the paperwork to me and then a couple days later rescinded the offer with a lame excuse.

Interview Questions

• If you got the position, what would you do your first day?   Answer Question

Investment Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. I am new in the city and managed to get a phone interview by delivering my resume to a Sr. Recruiter internally. The interview was around 15mins. I tried to request a personal (i.e., onsite) interview but that wasn't possible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interview processes I've ever experienced. I never once felt nervous or like I was being judged. Ultimately, they look for a "good fit" in terms of personality and willingness to learn and grow. The initial phone interview was more formal, but the interviews with the actual hiring managers felt more like casual conversations. My hiring process took a little longer than normal because of some HR shuffling that needed to occur before it was official, but I always got the sense that we were moving forward.

Interview Questions

• You've never worked in this field of business before. Why are you interested in starting now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. I gave a range that I had created using local salary data and what I thought was appropriate. They actually came back with the top number in my range, which was excellent.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview with HR and came in to do some skill tests. Got a call to interview with the controller. Very casual interview..mostly getting to know the team. I interviewed with the controller as well as the Sr. Project Accountant. They mostly talked about how the company works and wanted to know what i did in my previous job.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a pretty basic interview going through resume and interests in both real estate and the firm. One of the interviewers took a phone call during the middle and returned later. They did not seem like they wanted to be there. They ultimately withdrew the available position due to hiring needs and did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

SEC Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - Spoke with the Controller, she was very nice, easygoing, just regular questions to get to know me. In Person Interview - Met with the Senior Analyst and the Controller in person, both very nice and kept most of the entire interview conversational. Met with HR Rep, she was very nice and informative as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, all conversational and experience based.   Answer Question