Hines Interests Limited Partnership Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014

SEC Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in July 2013.

Phone Interview - Spoke with the Controller, she was very nice, easygoing, just regular questions to get to know me.

In Person Interview - Met with the Senior Analyst and the Controller in person, both very nice and kept most of the entire interview conversational.

Met with HR Rep, she was very nice and informative as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, all conversational and experience based.   Answer Question

Hines Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in May 2013.

A lot of questions looking for a good fit. Not a lot of technical questions. Didn't look for a lot of work experience due to nature of the job being a summer intern

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you and not some guy who worked at Goldman Sachs for the past three years?   View Answer

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

The phone interview seemed very casual, I got asked about my experience. It definitely felt like I had to be the guide through the interview. They take about a week in a half before giving you an response about the second interview. Very nice interviewer but not the one that decides. The first interview is more of a filter. I don't think it was difficult, but I do think that you should have a prepared outline of how you want to highlight whats on your resume and also what wasn't said on your resume.

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2011.

This interview process moved so fast it almost had me worried. I've never had the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about hiring timelines.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was ridiculous. I stated a salary that was very low, to avoid looking deserving, yet Hines still came back with a number that made mine pale in comparison.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in April 2011.

1st Round: Phone interview with HR. She asked behavioral questions. I got a call back within a day or two.
    2nd Round: In-person interviews with the Senior Project Accountant and Controllers. We talked more about the role and my background. They were less traditional in terms of the interview and more of a conversation along with some questions and answers from both sides. I got a call back again within a day or two to set up the last interview.
    3rd Round: In-person interview with the Regional Controller. This was also similar to the prior interview round. No specifics in terms of salary or benefits were discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked why I wanted to work in real estate vs. in the oil/gas or energy industries which is more prevalent in Houston.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in October 2010.

Applied online, phone interview with recruiter for company, multiple in person and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for salary expectations up front and in every interview.   Answer Question
    Be ready for your offer to be "take it or leave it". They typically do jot negotiate salaries.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in May 2010.

Hines typically conducts multiple interviews for an individual candidate. I had six individual interviews and one group interview. The regional CEO always conducted the final interview and interviewed every employee who made it through all the previous rounds. He was the final sign-off and extremely committed to ensuring the candidate was a good match. Not everyone made it through the final interview. It was also a way for the CEO to assess his own teams' judgement in terms of who they recommended for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    I assumed that a real estate developer expects their employees to have good negotiating skills, so I assumed they would expect me to negotiate and want to see how well I presented my case. It turned out to be completely the opposite. Their expectation was that the offer would be accepted without negotiating. In the end, they accepted my counter but expressed that it wasn't something they typically did.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in June 2014.

Applied online with a cover letter and CV. Interview was meant to be informal, was asked questions in relation to Hines and My relevant work experience. Surprisingly there was a strong emphasis in relation to having experience in accounting.

Interview Questions
    • Have you any experience with using Cash-flow models? Elaborate   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership.

I was selected to interview via the on-campus recruiting process. Two elderly Hines employees interviewed me at the Office of Career Services' facility in Cambridge. Both interviewers requested a walk through my resume. One of the interviewers seemed polite and cordial.

The other interviewer was decidedly gruff, demanding to know how I even could be considered a candidate since I had already graduated and received a Masters. I reminded him that the position was open to recent alumni. I told him that my recent role was of a subject matter expert to the US Army. The interviewer's eyes widened as he screamed back, "How are you are a subject matter expert in anything?!" and began to hyperventilate. Astonished, I stated "that was the role defined by my contract." A few weeks later, one of Hines' HR representatives contacted me to let me know that the interviewers "had some difficult decisions to make."

Senior Engineer Project Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hines Interests Limited Partnership in January 2011.

Long Hour Waiting