Hines

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SEC Reporting Analyst Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hines in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - Spoke with the Controller, she was very nice, easygoing, just regular questions to get to know me.

In Person Interview - Met with the Senior Analyst and the Controller in person, both very nice and kept most of the entire interview conversational.

Met with HR Rep, she was very nice and informative as well.

Interview Question – Nothing really, all conversational and experience based.   Answer Question

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hines.

Interview Details – The phone interview seemed very casual, I got asked about my experience. It definitely felt like I had to be the guide through the interview. They take about a week in a half before giving you an response about the second interview. Very nice interviewer but not the one that decides. The first interview is more of a filter. I don't think it was difficult, but I do think that you should have a prepared outline of how you want to highlight whats on your resume and also what wasn't said on your resume.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Building Engineer Interview

Building Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hines in October 2011.

Interview Details – This interview process moved so fast it almost had me worried. I've never had the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about hiring timelines.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in terms of salary?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was ridiculous. I stated a salary that was very low, to avoid looking deserving, yet Hines still came back with a number that made mine pale in comparison.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hines.

Interview Details – I was selected to interview via the on-campus recruiting process. Two elderly Hines employees interviewed me at the Office of Career Services' facility in Cambridge. Both interviewers requested a walk through my resume. One of the interviewers seemed polite and cordial.

The other interviewer was decidedly gruff, demanding to know how I even could be considered a candidate since I had already graduated and received a Masters. I reminded him that the position was open to recent alumni. I told him that my recent role was of a subject matter expert to the US Army. The interviewer's eyes widened as he screamed back, "How are you are a subject matter expert in anything?!" and began to hyperventilate. Astonished, I stated "that was the role defined by my contract." A few weeks later, one of Hines' HR representatives contacted me to let me know that the interviewers "had some difficult decisions to make."

Interview Question – How are you a subject matter expert in anything?!   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Project Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hines in January 2011.

Interview Details – Long Hour Waiting

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hines interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hines employees and interview candidates.