HireRight

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.9

Professional Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HireRight.

The initial interview process was less than ideal. The recruiter missed our first call, and it took me 2 tries before I could connect with him again.

After a generic review of some basic skills, the recruiter eventually set up follow up calls with the actual hiring managers.

Based on my experience, each hiring manager is given full freedom of what they want to ask their applicants. For me, it was pretty straight forward. In 2 separate interviews, I was asked standard questions like: "Describe what you did in your last position", or "What are your strengths and weaknesses". I did get a thoughtful question involving a scenario; so that allowed for some better conversations and insight than the go-to questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were presented with a difficult problem, and how you were able to successfully navigate the issue.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HireRight in March 2014.

I was referred by an employee. I had a very good positive interview with the recruiter who thought I would be a good fit since I worked for a competitor. I was then interviewed by the Director who did not seem very interested in interviewing me at all. I was called by the recruiter 2 days later who apologized and told me they would not that they were already far into the process with other candidates and "thank you very much".

Interview Questions
    • Good typical background/experience questions from recruiter. The interview with the Director was not difficult. They did not ask a lot of questions other than wanting to know about my experience.   Answer Question

Sales Executive - Emerging Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HireRight.

After the initial HR interview, you are then screened by the hiring manager, over the phone, to see if he wants to continue. Then you are brought in to the office and given teleconference interviews, from their CA office, by 3 different managers. You meet with each manager individually so this is a 3 hour interview process. If you ask about compensation, they will dance around the answer and only mention how great the commission structure is.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager of the Emerging Enterprise department asks the same question repeatedly and expects a different answer each time. The supervisor of the Emerging Enterprise department does sales roleplaying during the interview. Be prepared to give rebuttals about a product you do not know much about.   Answer Question

After having the same interview with basically 4 different managers, I realized I do not want to work for them. What a waste of time!

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HireRight in October 2013.

Nice people and friendly environment but got conflicting expectations on all interviews. I had four interviews and don't think the managers are communicating with one another about the role, expectations or requirements. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 things that are a strength as well as a weakness.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HireRight in July 2013.

Highly structured, well choregraphed interview process
    Made me feel like I was the only candidate
    HR did a great job communicating, planning, and executing on the process
    Each interviewer had great questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you managed a significant organization change that included assessing people and processes that may need to drastically change.   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HireRight in July 2012.

I first received an email from a recruiter from HR requesting my availabilities for a phone interview. The phone interview consister of her asking about my current work experience as well as I wanted the position. During the corporate interview, I spoke with 3 representatives in the company--each of whom gave me a brief overview of their respective positions and then had various behavior-type questions for me.

Interview Questions
    • Could you describe a time in which you were too compassionate about something?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HireRight in October 2011.

Phone In
    Interview#1 with Recruiter - Skills/Background Review & Role Description (30 min)
    Interview#2 with Sr. PM - Technical mainly focus on SAAS vs. Enterprise Software (30 min)
    Onsite #1
    Group - PM Director & Sr. PM - background, situation oriented, successes, relevant experience (1.5 HR)
    Onsite #2
    Sr. VP - 30 min - bird's eye view of PM process, expectations
    VP - Development - 30 min - role based interview; what/how analysis

Salary - although increased only 3%
    I tried negotiating bonus, transportation etc - no dice
    Advice: When in doubt ask

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HireRight in July 2011.

Recruited through LinkedIn. Phone interview first with the recruiter there, with director of information security. The interview was combative and hostile. Lots of questions and arguing, which took me aback as I'm a pretty laid back guy. There was not a lot of confidence on my side I was qualified for the position after talking to him, despite the fact I had all the requirements listed on the job description.

Interview Questions

Did not feel my personality would mesh well with my supervisor who interviewed em.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HireRight in April 2011.

I was interviewed by 2 people one of them was the soon to be old receptionist. It took them about 15min to come out after i arrived for my appointment. They ask alot of customer service questions and personality questions it lasted about 20min.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to deal with a difficult customer how would you handle it and if you couldnt what would you do?   Answer Question

Consumer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HireRight in August 2010.

Hiring and Interview process were great. Interviewer very laid back. Made to feel very comfortable. Was nervous at first but that quickly went away. Starting pay wasn't great but that changed after a couple of months.