HireVue

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.3

Regional Sales Manager Interview

HireVue has developed an industry leading, cutting edge talent interaction platform for use in the hiring, onboarding and employee development of the top companies in the world. They also use their own platform in the hiring process. At a bare minimun, applicants will take and on-line, on-demand, digital interview that will be recorded by the applicants webcam or smartphone and reviewed later by HR and hiring mangers. If the applicant makes it through this round one, round two will be a series of on-line live or in person, on-site interviews. After that, an offer is usually made rather quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question an applicant will face for this particular position will come during the online, digital interview. The applicant will be asked to do some research about the company and its product and then do a 90 second, elevator sales pitch which is recorded. It can be a bit tough to nail it.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Interview

The interview process was very fitting as they used their own software to conduct the interview. Being the first time that I had conducted an interview with this type of software, I was not fully prepared until the practice questions at which point I felt very strongly prepared you.

Following the interview - there was no confirmation of reviewing the interview and no follow up to let you know whether the position was going to be filled with another candidate. After a few emails reaching out to talent aquisition - I finally gave up with no answers. It was very frustrating and unacceptable. I understand if the skillset wasn't what they were looking for but they should at least acknowledge and thank you for interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 challenges you foresee with this opportunity and how will you plan to overcome them.   Answer Question

Sep 26, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for expressing your concerns and bringing this to our attention. We have recently added to our team so we will be able to get feedback to all applicants in a timely manner.

SQL Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at HireVue.

Very unprofessional, disrespectful way of interview; the lack of interaction with an interviewer or interviewing committee makes you feel as if nobody cares of what you are saying. It feels as those interviews where no one pays attention to what you have to say. Your words feel meaningless and your enthusiasm starts fading away as you go through the questions. May the future of interviewing NOT go this route as it will cause companies to risk opportunities in acquiring prospective employees with excellent skills and talents that in no way can be measured via the monotony of a HireVue interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult; you can have the same question in a panel. The difference is the lack of interaction with people where you get a reaction or body response to what you are saying from those in the panel. The interview becomes empty and meaningless making you feel as if you are not important or being really considered for the job. Very traumatizing experience for me.   Answer Question

Aug 26, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm very sorry this was a bad experience for you. We appreciate your feedback and it has been noted to help improve our future processes. We are continually working to improve the interaction within ... More

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HireVue in March 2014.

This was completely new to me. I was not really prepared for an on-demand, pre-recorded interview. It was tough but really convenient.

Interview Questions
    • I had to write a press release from scratch. This obviously took more time than they suggested I'd need.   Answer Question

Aug 26, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review. Sometimes the questions we ask are harder than we believe they initially would be. Great thing is that everyone answers the same questions so we can see a consistency and ... More

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HireVue.

The interviewers were not clear about what the job requirements are. The worst thing, however, about HireVue is the lack of responsiveness. For a company that works in HR, they need to know that getting back to candidates in a timely fashion is important. It's not uncommon for the company to ignore giving feedback or response to candidates for 3 or more months. This is simply pathetic.

Nov 12, 2013Sr. Technical Recruiter

I apologize for your experience interviewing with HireVue. I am responsible for responding to all candidates after their interview and apologize that we did not respond in a timely manner. We do our ... More

Software Engineer (Python/Django) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HireVue in March 2011.

The interview had two basic components to it. The first part of the interview was conducted via the company's software, which I performed at home. The software asked various questions and provided me about a minute to produce a video recorded answer. I found the whole process odd, like dating a mannequin or eating plastic fruit.

The second part of the interview was the standard panel interview peppered with contrived whiteboard questions. The interviewers asked me to reinvent several standard library functions, and smugly pontificated during the entire process. The interview was disorganized, pointless, and worst of all, nobody ever bothered to review the video interview they made me produce. I don't know if I would have received an offer or not since I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in working for the company right after the interview. HireVue's software didn't interest me and I was put off by the puerile bravado.

The company has moved into nicer facilities since I interviewed with them, so they're obviously doing something right, but they just weren't for me.

Interview Questions
    • All their whiteboard questions were focused on rewriting standard Python library methods like sort(). I got the impression they liked reinventing the wheel.   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in their software and couldn't imagine myself enjoying working with two of the three people who interviewed me.

Not Very Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HireVue in February 2014.

Initial interview was by video - one way - using their technology. Next stage was to do an interview with the VP and HR recruiter. Was surprised that they cancelled the first interview just moments before. Was waiting online before I realized it was cancelled. Interview was re-booked, the to my utter surprise cancelled again - within 5 mins of the interview. For a small and young company, they haven't learned what it means to respect the applicant. If they can't respect you during the interview process, they won't respect you when you're hired. Last surprise was that an apology or explanation was never even given. Now they've damaged their brand. When I'm in a decision making role for a hiring solution, I would not recommend their solution based on this poor experience.

Mar 3, 2014Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for your review and critical feedback. I'm glad we were able to connect about this and get your insight on how to improve.