HireVue

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HireVue in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was completely new to me. I was not really prepared for an on-demand, pre-recorded interview. It was tough but really convenient.

Interview Question – I had to write a press release from scratch. This obviously took more time than they suggested I'd need.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer (Python/Django) Interview

Software Engineer (Python/Django)
Draper, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HireVue in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview had two basic components to it. The first part of the interview was conducted via the company's software, which I performed at home. The software asked various questions and provided me about a minute to produce a video recorded answer. I found the whole process odd, like dating a mannequin or eating plastic fruit.

The second part of the interview was the standard panel interview peppered with contrived whiteboard questions. The interviewers asked me to reinvent several standard library functions, and smugly pontificated during the entire process. The interview was disorganized, pointless, and worst of all, nobody ever bothered to review the video interview they made me produce. I don't know if I would have received an offer or not since I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in working for the company right after the interview. HireVue's software didn't interest me and I was put off by the puerile bravado.

The company has moved into nicer facilities since I interviewed with them, so they're obviously doing something right, but they just weren't for me.

Interview Question – All their whiteboard questions were focused on rewriting standard Python library methods like sort(). I got the impression they liked reinventing the wheel.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in their software and couldn't imagine myself enjoying working with two of the three people who interviewed me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at HireVue.

Interview Details – The interviewers were not clear about what the job requirements are. The worst thing, however, about HireVue is the lack of responsiveness. For a company that works in HR, they need to know that getting back to candidates in a timely fashion is important. It's not uncommon for the company to ignore giving feedback or response to candidates for 3 or more months. This is simply pathetic.

Interview Question – None. Interviewers were barely prepared anyway.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

HireVue Sr. Technical Recruiter responded to this review

Nov 12, 2013

I apologize for your experience interviewing with HireVue. I am responsible for responding to all candidates after their interview and apologize that we did not respond in a timely manner. We do our ... More

Not Very Professional Interview

Not Very Professional

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HireVue in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by video - one way - using their technology. Next stage was to do an interview with the VP and HR recruiter. Was surprised that they cancelled the first interview just moments before. Was waiting online before I realized it was cancelled. Interview was re-booked, the to my utter surprise cancelled again - within 5 mins of the interview. For a small and young company, they haven't learned what it means to respect the applicant. If they can't respect you during the interview process, they won't respect you when you're hired. Last surprise was that an apology or explanation was never even given. Now they've damaged their brand. When I'm in a decision making role for a hiring solution, I would not recommend their solution based on this poor experience.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

HireVue Sr. Recruiter responded to this review

Mar 3, 2014

Thank you for your review and critical feedback. I'm glad we were able to connect about this and get your insight on how to improve.

Worked for HireVue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HireVue interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by HireVue employees and interview candidates.