Hiscox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, completed interview process. Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected nor difficult.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Underwriter Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox in April 2013.

Interview Details – I met a representative during a college career fair, who gave me his contact info. I applied for a job in his home office, Atlanta, and followed up with him via email. Soon I was telephoned by a screener, who asked a couple questions including salary expectations (she mentioned 35k).
After setting up a time to meet in the office with the team leader, I arrived at the Hiscox facility in Atlanta. All the questions asked of me were personal history or life goals, such as why did you choose this company/career path, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. He was an easygoing guy around 25 years old. The office seems quite young as a whole. I tried to stay in touch with him, asking for timetables, etc, but he never gave any definite info and I gave up after about 6 weeks.

Interview Question – None, no technical or situational/behavioral questions asked   Answer Question

Underwriting Graduate Scheme Interview

Underwriting Graduate Scheme
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – First Round was an online test that was very manageable. The second round was a phone interview that consisted of both behavioral and case study questions. The hardest one was how to go about changing driving in the UK from the left side of the road to the right. Then I was invited to the assessment center that consisted of a presentation, a one on one interview and a group case study. Just make sure to be clear about the financials in the presentation, be very personable in the interview and get involved a lot in the group case study.

Interview Question – How would you go about changing driving in the UK from the left to the right side of the road.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox in March 2013.

Interview Details – All Day process. Met with 6 other candidates, we had to give a 20 minute presentation, there was a group work session, and then a 2 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – Fairly Straightforward   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – I got through the first part which was an assessment test. After that a lady from Britain interviewed and asked the normal behavioral questions. How well do you work with a team, give me examples on that, when did you have to go through a difficult experience at work or school, give an example of that. And she there was a why Hiscox and why marketing questions as well.

Interview Question – Were you part of a group that made a difficult decision   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – I applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted via email for a phone interview with HR. After the initial interview, I received an email to complete 2 cases. The basic case composed of a scenario, which I believe, HR wanted to see how you think logically. The other involved basic knowledge of MS outlook. After, I was invited to the Atlanta office for an interview, which consisted of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – When do you plan on leaving the company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox in August 2011.

Interview Details – First was an IQ/Logic Based online exam, which was relatively easy if you read the questions carefully. After passing that was a phone interview, where they asked situational questions (tell me a time you...). This took about a half hour, and the lady was very nice, and the interview was not difficult at all.

I didn't hear back for another week or so, when another lady from the company called and asked a few more questions, not difficult, just very basic (confirming stuff from my resume, asking if I ever did a presentation, etc.).

A few days later I got a call asking to participate in an all assessment. This consisted of a presentation, a group project, and an interview. All the people there were very nice and approachable, and was one of the best people that I interviewed with.

The next day I got a call saying they chose another person, but actually explained why, and gave specific reasons.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked in a group that wasn't working well?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – I applied online, then did the online psychometric tests and then had a telephone interview. Questions were fairly standard: competency based. Why Hiscox, why that position? How is Hiscox different from its competitors? What does Hiscox do? The last question was a problem solving question. They asked me what would have to change if in UK the government changes driving from the left to the right side. At the end I could ask some questions but only related to the recruitment process.

Could anyone tell me what kind of questions did you get during the 2:1 interview on assessment day?

Interview Question – How would you investigate the changes associated with changing the side of driving in the UK (from left to the right side)?   Answer Question

Traineeship Interview

Traineeship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview Details – Responded to job opening via their own website, got a call about a week after the application deadline asking me to complete an online critical thinking test. Apparently failed the test cause I was called back about another week later that I wouldn't be invited to the next round.

Interview Question – Didn't get that far   Answer Question

Trainee Development Underwriter Interview

Trainee Development Underwriter
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hiscox in August 2013.

Interview Details – Sent CV and covering letter online, was then contacted by telephone just days later to tell me that I would shortly be receiving a critical thinking test via email. Completed this online and was then invited to a face to face interview. The interview was relatively relaxed and definitely a good experience. Was comprised of mainly skill-based questions such as "tell me a time when you have negotiated successfully?" Also required some background knowledge on Hiscox as a company, how it is different from other insurers etc.
After this interview was invited to a final interview which included a sales test where I was asked to identify a client's needs and sell him a laptop based on his requirements. This interview was slightly more technical than the last and focused more on the role itself, but not too in-depth. Standard questions such as "why do you want to work for Hiscox" and "where do you see yourself in five years time" came up again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hiscox? Contribute to the Community!