Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three different interviews. None of the interviews were more difficult than most companies. The first two interviews were typical questions from the department Managers and Directors. They also gave a tour of the plant on the second interview. The third interview was to sign contract, negotiate salary, and review benefits in detail. The HR department lead this last interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me typical questions such as, do you have the ability to multitask, prioitize many urgent matters, and work with cross functional teams.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Interview

Quick process. Asks basic questions and behavioral questions. Phone interview and then in person interview. Was sent an offer shortly after in person interview. Couldn't negotiate much they were pretty firm on their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Couldn't really negotiate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview also had conference call phone participants. Of course, some were Japanese nationals, so remember Japanese business protocols...

Interview Questions

• Any discomfort with aspects of the job description? What are they?   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Harrodsburg, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

There was no phone interview or any online interview. I was invited straight for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just about your projects and experience.   1 Answer

CNC Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Interview

Hired through a temp company. They will hire anyone that wants work, as long as you can pass a simple written test. After a probationary phase, you are eligible to work for Hitachi itself. There is a drug test at this phase, but no interview. The staffing agency was misleading about the number of hours I was expected to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work 5 or 6 days a week?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Interview

There was 6 or 7 attendees in my interview. They represented many differing departments as they had multiple openings so they were competing for placement. This is pretty typical at times.. At other times there may be only 3 or 4 people in the interview but usually not less than that.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to come and work at a place like this for?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Berea, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Simple interview process just went over past experience qualifications and explained what the job entailed at Hitachi. It's your basic factory work just watch out for the bs from management cause the American managers are running the place into the ground.

Interview Questions

• Basically asking if I could handle factory work   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations they offered the job I accepted. This was for a production associate position so not much you can negotiate on.

Assembly Interview

Interview

1 day of classroom, then off to work.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

First step is phone interview with HR on your personal work background and eligibility to work. 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager with a technical test on fundamentals and experience related to job tittle. Group interview with the whole team sometime including the VP.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in June 2009.

Interview

Reasonable process, good details on company, but too general on job description(s)