Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.5

Production Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Quick process. Asks basic questions and behavioral questions. Phone interview and then in person interview. Was sent an offer shortly after in person interview. Couldn't negotiate much they were pretty firm on their offer.

Couldn't really negotiate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in April 2014.

Initial interview also had conference call phone participants. Of course, some were Japanese nationals, so remember Japanese business protocols...

Interview Questions
    • Any discomfort with aspects of the job description? What are they?   View Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrodsburg, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in February 2014.

There was no phone interview or any online interview. I was invited straight for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just about your projects and experience.   View Answer

CNC Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

Hired through a temp company. They will hire anyone that wants work, as long as you can pass a simple written test. After a probationary phase, you are eligible to work for Hitachi itself. There is a drug test at this phase, but no interview. The staffing agency was misleading about the number of hours I was expected to work.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to work 5 or 6 days a week?   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas.

There was 6 or 7 attendees in my interview. They represented many differing departments as they had multiple openings so they were competing for placement. This is pretty typical at times.. At other times there may be only 3 or 4 people in the interview but usually not less than that.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to come and work at a place like this for?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in August 2013.

Simple interview process just went over past experience qualifications and explained what the job entailed at Hitachi. It's your basic factory work just watch out for the bs from management cause the American managers are running the place into the ground.

Interview Questions
    • Basically asking if I could handle factory work   View Answer
    No negotiations they offered the job I accepted. This was for a production associate position so not much you can negotiate on.

Assembly Interview

1 day of classroom, then off to work.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in November 2010.

First step is phone interview with HR on your personal work background and eligibility to work. 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager with a technical test on fundamentals and experience related to job tittle. Group interview with the whole team sometime including the VP.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas in June 2009.

Reasonable process, good details on company, but too general on job description(s)