Hitachi Consulting

Updated Nov 8, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2014.

1st round interview behavioral
    2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews
    3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case

If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Questions
    • We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation
    - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc.
    - Never heard back for a month
    - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Manager Consulting Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2009.

The hiring process is very straightforward. The interview process was very standard with a screening interview first, then a skills interview over the phone, and finally a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I negotiated on salary. Their initial offer was less than what I was hoping for. I countered and increased the offer by $5K.