Hitachi Consulting

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

1st round - two 45 min interviews at the Denver office. Generally the same questions asked in each-- behavioral; asking a lot about previous experience. I was notified about 10 days later that I was invited back for a second round.
    2nd round - informal meet and greet with the younger consultants and a 30 minute case in which we had to do a presentation on a supply chain problem.
    3rd round - 4 1/2 hour long process interviewing with 6 VPs/directors and going out to lunch with two younger consultants.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a group and the group wasn't getting along and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions
    • What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question