Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Question – The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
3. Selected for on-campus interview
4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Question – Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Question – Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Question – We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Question – 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
3) How much experience have you had with excel?
  Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
"Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Question – The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Question – What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!