Hitachi Consulting

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.6

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I interviewed on campus first with a Hitachi manager. Then the second round consisted of three interviews at the company site. My first round interview contained a brief case as well as one of the second round interviews. Within a week of the second round interview, I received an offer and given two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions
  • None of the interview questions were too difficult. One case question was "Create an algorithm to make a Sudoku board". This was challenging but as long as you display a favorable way of thinking and presenting your thoughts in an appropriate amount of time, you will do great, regardless of whether you actually solve the question.   Answer Question
I did not attempt to negotiate salary because the offer was the best I received. I was however able to extend my deadline in order to hear back from another firm.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consultant Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Consultant Interview

interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.