Hitachi Consulting

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Interview Question – How to perform validation   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Question – Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Question – -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
  Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
2. On-Campus Interview
3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Interview Question – Business Case   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
"Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Question – The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Question – 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
3) How much experience have you had with excel?
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.

Interview Questions

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two Rounds of Interviews

1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation

2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study

overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Consulting employees and interview candidates.