Hitachi Consulting

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.7

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions
  • What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.