Hitachi Consulting

2.7

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2012.

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions
    • What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.