Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions

• What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed. They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Questions

• If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a great experience. People were great, seems I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• There were four interviews within 4-5 hours time window.   1 Answer

I negotiated salary from 66K to 70K. However, their 401K plan did not provide 100% employer match. They also start 401K after one year from the date of hire. I did not agree and decided to decline the offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The Interview Process was pretty generous. Consisted of a on-campus interview, that was behavioral. Then consisted of a on-site interview that was (3) 1:1 interviews that was essentially designed to see if you were a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a member of your team did not contribute   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process occurred on campus and was 1/2 hour long. All of the questions were very basic. Things like "describe a time you worked in team and there was an issue that arose". Pretty much the standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two Rounds of Interviews 1st round consisted of 2 30 minutes 1 on 1 interviews--mostly behavioral questions and resume explanation 2nd round consisted of 3 half hour 1 on 1 interviews and a case study overall a very stress free interview process

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit in this position given you do not have any prior consulting experience?   Answer Question