Hitachi Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

1st round campus interview with a Manager
If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   1 Answer
  • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a relatively painless process. There was a consultant to walk me to the interviewer's room. I asked him about some of his work and why he worked at Hitachi. Then I went in for a 1:1 interview with the VP and he asked me a series of behavioral questions. They're mainly trying to get to know you better during the first round. They got back to me in a couple days.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. Perhaps deceptively easy. I had a one on one interview on campus and was then invited back to the regional office for the second and final round of interviews. There was a breakfast Q & A with several of the JR consultants and then the rest of the interviews started. Each person was assigned to an office and that was their "home base" and three senior managers and one VP rotated into the office to interview. Four separate 30 minute interviews which were all very conversational. There were hardly any "traditional" interview questions, but it depended on the style of the interviewer. After all the interviews three interviewees were taken out to lunch by one of the JR consultants from the Q & A session.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview was the first round. Then got invited to go to Dallas for 2nd round the week after. There was a dinner the night before at Ruth Chris. Did a series of 2 interviews the next day, 1 with a senior manager and then 1 with a partner. After that there was a group case which was fun, had to present afterwards with a Q&A session from 2 of the more senior consultants. During the times in which you weren't interviewing there was your classic informational presentations about the company.

Interview Questions

Their offers were very sketch. The called and said they would only offer an offer if I was serious and was truly considering them, wanted to know all my other offers. When i said I was interested they said they would send the package, never got it, called the recruited multiple times and emailed them, had to go through another recruiter to finally get a call back after a week. Turns out they were waiting for other people to say no before they would send out a package and they just didn't feel the need to tell me this. Very unprofessional and unclassy. Clear indication of how they do business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • Name one time where you had to deal with conflict in a team. And how did you go about solving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

1st round - two 45 min interviews at the Denver office. Generally the same questions asked in each-- behavioral; asking a lot about previous experience. I was notified about 10 days later that I was invited back for a second round.
    2nd round - informal meet and greet with the younger consultants and a 30 minute case in which we had to do a presentation on a supply chain problem.
    3rd round - 4 1/2 hour long process interviewing with 6 VPs/directors and going out to lunch with two younger consultants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a group and the group wasn't getting along and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

Interview

It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Was referred in by an industry contact.
    Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
    This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question