Hitachi Consulting

2.7

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why consulting?   Answer Question
  • Name one time where you had to deal with conflict in a team. And how did you go about solving it.   Answer Question
They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

1st round - two 45 min interviews at the Denver office. Generally the same questions asked in each-- behavioral; asking a lot about previous experience. I was notified about 10 days later that I was invited back for a second round.
    2nd round - informal meet and greet with the younger consultants and a 30 minute case in which we had to do a presentation on a supply chain problem.
    3rd round - 4 1/2 hour long process interviewing with 6 VPs/directors and going out to lunch with two younger consultants.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a group and the group wasn't getting along and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2009.

It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had to far. The interviewer asked me to list three things that we would like to focus on/remember for the interview. Then I expanded on those three things I chose. It helped because I was able to list my strengths and use my experiences to help back them up. The interviewer was easy going and great to get along with. In addition, I received a call instead of a mass email saying that they were not going to continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • List three aspects, skills, or experiences of yours to tell me about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Was referred in by an industry contact.
    Unfortunately, Hitachi has made a few waves of layoffs recently.

They are looking to staff consultants with extremely technical skills.
    This does not mean they are on a pure hiring freeze, but look elsewhere if you are more aligned towards functional or process related projects.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an implementation project from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the nuances of acceptance testing, deployment, and training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in May 2009.

Interview process consisted of one on-campus interview (about 30 minutes). If invited for a second round, it takes place in-house: 3-4 one-on-one interviews with Managers and above. Second round usually includes some sort of meal for meet and greet (dinner the night before, breakfast, one-on-one lunch). All questions are behavioral around the resume: strengths/weaknesses, accomplishments, leadership and group experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2008.

I met with Hitachi Consulting’s HR group at a Career Fair at my University. After speaking with the group about my current internship and my interests with Hitachi Consulting, I was asked to interview with the company. The interview process took 3 weeks. I was interviewed on two different occasions. The first interview was a group interview where 8 possible candidates were introduced to Hitachi Consulting. We broke out into sessions and were asked basic interviewing questions such as "Why would you be a good fit for Hitachi Consulting, tell us a little more about your resume and the work that you did at (Blank), etc.". After making it through the first round a few of the candidates were called back for second interviews. In this session we were questioned by 6 different employees. The questions revolved around process flows, project experience, general interest in Hitachi Consulting, prior work experience, etc. The interview process as a whole was relatively painless. The current employees were pleasant, professional, and dedicated to Hitachi.

Interview Questions
    Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to negotiate. I would strongly recommend you negotiate your base salary with Hitachi Consulting. You are expected to work long hours at client sites and the bonus isn’t worth posting. Review the average salaries on this site and aim higher.

Consultant Interview

Hiring Process is very smooth, i had one telephonic round and second round face to face, they make us comfortable during interview.infact i enjoyed the interview rounds. very nice people

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Submitted resume through MBA career center. Selected for campus interview, which was very friendly and informal. In-office interviews with four employees up to VP. Subsequent phone interview with subject matter expert. All interviewers made me feel very comfortable and enthusiastic about company.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very low.

Consultant Interview

Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question