Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a great experience. People were great, seems I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Question – There were four interviews within 4-5 hours time window.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I negotiated salary from 66K to 70K. However, their 401K plan did not provide 100% employer match. They also start 401K after one year from the date of hire. I did not agree and decided to decline the offer.

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very comfortable interview process. Interview with one director, two senior managers, and the VP.

Mostly behavioral questions; senior managers may ask more technical or analytical questions.

After the interview, they treat you to a lunch with current associates.

Overall, an enjoyable process. Too bad I didn't get the position.

Interview Question – Give me a detailed recommendation that you would give your previous employer to improve their overall business process.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus and it was mostly a background check of the internships and experience I had. It was very casual, like any other first interview.

The second (and final) interview took place in their downtown Los Angeles office. About 10 people were brought in for a 4 round interview. Interviewed with managers and VPs. Before the interviews started the current consultants had a Q/A session where they presented about the company and opened it up to questions at the end. Also a very laid back experience, great way to get to know the company culture and talk with people. Overall a great interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They were very cordial and nice about negotiating anything.

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!