Hitachi Consulting

Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
        Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2012.

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Questions
    • None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2011.

I submitted my resume at the career fair at my university. It took a few weeks to hear back from them since their deadline to submit applications online was a little later. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with a senior manager from the info session the night before. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. A week or so later I heard back that I had been offered to come out for a second interview. The second part of the process was a little different. The first night (night before the interview) there was a dinner at a very nice restaurant with execs and new hires. The dinner was informal but you should still be on your toes during the entire night. Act as if every conversation is a small interview. The day of the interview, we were given a small tour of the floor that Hitachi has in one of the buildings in Dallas. Their area was very nice and modern looking. After the tour, we sat in a meeting room and were fed info about the company and their benefits (which are GREAT)! Then it was time for interviews!!! The first interview was 1:1 and again very conversational. Then there was lunch with new hires. A second interview followed lunch along with a panel discussion and a group case study. The group case study was very relaxed. Just make sure you participate and have fun. Overall, it was a great experience! I loved it! The people were GREAT!

Interview Questions
    I tried negotiating my salary to start and that was declined to keep the consistency amongst the new hires. If I were you, I would try anyway. I then negotiated for relocation/signing bonus and it was accepted. The lady I negotiated with was very nice and REALLY excited that I liked the company and that I was accepting. My advice....NEGOTIATE!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

For the technical tract, the interview process started after the internal recruiters were given my information by an employee. The first call was with what would be my boss and simply was a "how interested are you" conversation as well as a quick overview of the company.

The follow up was a day of interviews consisting of technical and business screens with a peer, an immediate superior and an interested (but not directly connected) manager. The final interview was with the practice leader (a managing vice president).

Interview Questions
    • If after six months you are not satisfied with your employment at Hitachi Consulting, how would you handle your exit strategy?   Answer Question
    My offer was what I had demanded in the first place so there was no negotiation. However, knowing what you want before they ask would be helpful and feel free to push back if it is not what you expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

The interview process was very pleasant and professional. There was a dinner where we got to meet employees and learn more about the company and then there were couple round of interviews the next day. All the employees were very nice and friendly. There were no tough interview questions. Mostly they are just trying to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the company. Definitely one of the best interview experiences!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2010.

On campus interview was the first round. Then got invited to go to Dallas for 2nd round the week after. There was a dinner the night before at Ruth Chris. Did a series of 2 interviews the next day, 1 with a senior manager and then 1 with a partner. After that there was a group case which was fun, had to present afterwards with a Q&A session from 2 of the more senior consultants. During the times in which you weren't interviewing there was your classic informational presentations about the company.

Interview Questions

Their offers were very sketch. The called and said they would only offer an offer if I was serious and was truly considering them, wanted to know all my other offers. When i said I was interested they said they would send the package, never got it, called the recruited multiple times and emailed them, had to go through another recruiter to finally get a call back after a week. Turns out they were waiting for other people to say no before they would send out a package and they just didn't feel the need to tell me this. Very unprofessional and unclassy. Clear indication of how they do business.

Entrly Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2010.

They ask for a few accomplishments you are proud of and based on those accomplishments/experiences, they will ask your behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!