Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.8

Haphazard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

typically interviews are haphazard and lack structure, cohesive communication. you will typically have to follow up on your own. you submit your resume, there's a phone screen. there's schedulign of the in office visits

Interview Questions

• varies depending on who you get. some are behavioral / cbi-based   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got referred by an employee that worked there. I got an email back to schedule an initial phone screening within a week. After about 20-30 minutes of regular interview questions, she told me honestly and clearly that there is no opening that she sees fit at this point. It was disappointing but it was a quick and honest interview process

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied at a career fair on campus. People there were great and very friendly and helpful. was invited a few days later to an on campus info session. After that, round 1 of the interview. It was a 45 min scheduled interview on campus. Round 2 was at their location two weeks later. I did the first interview and was done in about 30 minutes. talked mainly about my experience, projects I've worked on, style of dispute resolution, how I would pick a team, why Hitachi? and this one was a little odd: define strategy. Interviewer was very closed off it seemed. Talking fast, trying to get the interview done with quickly. seemed very rigid, business focused.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences   1 Answer
    • What specific projects have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • How have you handled disagreements in teams? What is your dispute resolution style?   1 Answer
    • give me an example of a time you had to pick a team   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Smooth process. Two rounds of screening process. Relevant questions were asked. The topics were mainly on personality questions, leadership questions, technical and client related questions. They will also check with your referrals.

Interview Questions

• What typical client challenged you faced and how you handles it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first with a Hitachi manager. Then the second round consisted of three interviews at the company site. My first round interview contained a brief case as well as one of the second round interviews. Within a week of the second round interview, I received an offer and given two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were too difficult. One case question was "Create an algorithm to make a Sudoku board". This was challenging but as long as you display a favorable way of thinking and presenting your thoughts in an appropriate amount of time, you will do great, regardless of whether you actually solve the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate salary because the offer was the best I received. I was however able to extend my deadline in order to hear back from another firm.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question