Hitachi Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Senior Consultant II Interview

Senior Consultant II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Question – Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Question – Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

Analyst/Human Resources Department

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Question – Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Question – The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

Dynamics Ax Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Question – No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate Salary

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!