Hitachi Consulting

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Was offered on campus interview after applying through campus recruiting. An hour and half in total. With two separate people, each for 45 minutes. The first one asked mostly behavioral based questions off a list. The second one asked me to list 2-3 involvements with bullet points for each, then he chose one involvement and asked me more detailed questions pertaining what I did for that position, what technical programs I used etc. You need to know your resume well. Both recruiters are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when your plans have to change due to unexpected circumstances.   Answer Question

Entry Consultant CORE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2014.

1st round interview behavioral
    2nd round is two 45 minute behavioral interviews
    3rd round in on site engaging in tean activities with a couple behavioral interviews and a case

If you are a team player and enjoy working with people then you will do extremely well during these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hear you? What makes you different than everyone else? Why IT Consulting?   Answer Question

The company culture did not appeal to me during the interview process.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Had an On Campus Interview. It was an hour and a half long and I met with two different people. One person was very conversational and knew a lot about the company while the recruiter was very by the book on asking the required questions. Very relaxed and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked to explain times you worked in a team with someone slacking off   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2014.

I applied online through my university and was subsequently contacted for an interview. I had an in-person interview that took approximately 80 minutes and had two parts. The initial part was business-centric, during which the interviewer and I discusses Hitachi Consulting itself and the work done there.

The second interview was a personality/attitude interview during which the interviewer asked me to simply discuss my CV from bottom to top. Not to because it was unclear, but as a speaking and conversational exercise. He then asked me to recant times when I'd had trouble with team members and how I resolved them.

Manager Interview

I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Senior Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions
    • Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.