Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!

Interview Questions

• Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2008.

Interview

Pretty fair on campus interview and then an office interview loop. Before we did the loop, we were invited into their office to meet others and do a group activity/case 'test' with a mix of students.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really questions each time. Some interviews were different and felt more like a discussion and I got to ask a bunch of questions as well.   Answer Question
    • They will do a case interview during the 1:1 time - there's no way to 'answer' the question really. Do your best and it did seem like they wanted me to explain how I was thinking about the case and how I saw the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but the offers were pretty firm.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a month or two later from a national recruiter. The initial conversation consisted of questions like, "Why do you want to leave?" "What are you asking for in terms of salary?" The online application requires that you put your current salary down, so they already know that. At the end of the conversation, they asked me if I was interested in moving forward for what they have going on. After I replied 'yes', they set me up with a PM for a phone interview the next day. The scheduling happened the same night of the first call from that afternoon. The phone interview started off as a casual conversation, and that PM seemed very sharp. He let me go through my resume and tell him about my experiences, and he would just listen. Occassionally, he would just ask me something to follow up more in-depth with what I just told him. It caught me off-guard a few times. Some of the questions were pretty industry-specific and technical. Then it takes about a week for that PM and the recruiter to debrief and get details on an office visit. Scheduling the office visit took the longest. They needed to schedule it on Fridays because most people were travelling Mon-Thurs. They also have to make sure the key people were in the office (PM / Director / VP). This process took a little over 2 weeks. My on-site interview was with a PM and a VP. We pretty much just came into the office, interviewed, and left. We were not really shown around the office or introduced to anyone else who was working there. This could be due to the fact that there were back-to-back interviews that Friday. In this interview, they dig into your knowledge a little bit more. It was more behavior than technical, but again, they do tend to ask questions in the middle of the conversation. It is probably a good idea to not answer right away, but let it sink in and keep your composure. I had one very sweet lady and one rude guy. Not sure if this was intended for "good-cop bad-cop" effects. The debrief between these individuals and the recruiter took about a little bit over a week. The next step is for the senior management of that practice to get together on a phone call to discuss the candidates and make recommendations for them. The speed of this process just depends on how fast they can all schedule that call. If you are chosen to carve out an offer for, the approval process is quick.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about Revenue Recognition?   1 Answer
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you were tasked with something that you had no idea how to do? How did you go about obtaining the skills to accomplish this task?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a client's requirement, and how you came up with the design to satisfy that requirement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not make it easy to negotiate. In the first conversation, we had spoke of a number. This was my minimum figure that I would consider to even leave my current job. I guess it was my mistake to disclose the truth, because the recruiter got the impression that that number was what I wanted. The way it works: The hiring is nationalized and after they make a decision on you, it goes through an approval process. If you wanted to negotiate anything, they would have to re-submit your application through that process again. I guess it was fair. They would have probably lost me if I had another recognizable firm that gave me just 2-3% more.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2010.

Interview

very good process. right on track

good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

1st round campus interview with a Manager If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself -- strengths, weaknesses, experience   1 Answer
    • If you are technical, be ready to answer technical questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

For the technical tract, the interview process started after the internal recruiters were given my information by an employee. The first call was with what would be my boss and simply was a "how interested are you" conversation as well as a quick overview of the company. The follow up was a day of interviews consisting of technical and business screens with a peer, an immediate superior and an interested (but not directly connected) manager. The final interview was with the practice leader (a managing vice president).

Interview Questions

• If after six months you are not satisfied with your employment at Hitachi Consulting, how would you handle your exit strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was what I had demanded in the first place so there was no negotiation. However, knowing what you want before they ask would be helpful and feel free to push back if it is not what you expect.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview

It was a very organized interview process. The recruiter did a phone screen. Individuals from my area of expertise led me through a series of interviews that included a CBI, a case study, as well as a meeting with a local VP. Overall the experience was very positive. I felt like I got a good sense of the company and its people An offer was made within a few weeks.

Oracle Applications SCM Functional EBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Throuh campus plaement, IPE hyderabd visit, 2008 HR and senior management

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a bit different than expected there are total of 5 rounds and these are as follows :- Written Technical and verbal round 40 questions each (as far as i remember :P) They declared the result in some time but obviously i was happy as even after the delay the result was good. Second was the GD round they divided us in teams and while the first two teams were in for a GD we were made to write an essay about the movie that we liked the most then the GD took place it was a nice round finally the interviews started and the interviews were in the following sequence Technical round HR Round Managerial Interview Round The Technical interview was good it had questions from Data Structures mostly

Interview Questions

• Some questions were dynamic once you answered one they counter asked something by increasing the level of the question   1 Answer